+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Soft Landing: Proof of Funds and Goods to follow

caleb41

Jan 5, 2020
Hello everyone,
I wasn't sure where to post this as I'm not emigrating from the US, but this is the closest overall, so I'll post it here for the moment.

I am a British citizen due to make a soft landing at the end of this month, and I've received my CoPR.

I am in the process of of organising the trip, but I have a few questions to resolve regarding Proof of Funds and the Goods to Follow.

On my application, I supplied bank statements to show sufficient funds, will it be OK to show updated bank statements with the PoF from a British bank or will I need to seek other arrangments? I have seen it stated on this forum several times that a bank statement is usually sufficient on arrival, but I specifically wish to know if statements can be from a foreign bank.

Do I need to provide the GTF list on arrival or can I supply this at a later date?

Thanks in advance for all your help.

psp.picasa

Oct 3, 2018
Hello everyone,
I wasn't sure where to post this as I'm not emigrating from the US, but this is the closest overall, so I'll post it here for the moment.

I am a British citizen due to make a soft landing at the end of this month, and I've received my CoPR.

I am in the process of of organising the trip, but I have a few questions to resolve regarding Proof of Funds and the Goods to Follow.

On my application, I supplied bank statements to show sufficient funds, will it be OK to show updated bank statements with the PoF from a British bank or will I need to seek other arrangments? I have seen it stated on this forum several times that a bank statement is usually sufficient on arrival, but I specifically wish to know if statements can be from a foreign bank.

Do I need to provide the GTF list on arrival or can I supply this at a later date?

Thanks in advance for all your help.
Bank statement from anywhere is fine as long as they show enough balance to support your stay until you secure employment.

GTF was asked from me. I have read posts where they were asked to provide them later.

Please read my recent softlanding experience here - https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/softlanding-experience-at-port-huron-sarnia-blue-water-bridge-on-h1-and-h4-with-avr.671752/