+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Soft Landing + PR Renewal Question

Aug 2, 2019
Hello Folks, I am looking for your guidance and expertise.

Context:
I live in the USA and work on an H1B visa. My wife is on a dependent H4 visa. We had applied for Canada PR in Sep 2018 and received the COPR in June 2019. We were told to land on or before Sept-30 2019, to complete the PR process. We landed in Toronto, Canada on Sep-27 2019, and completed the formalities. Also, applied for SIN numbers for both of us and then came back to the USA on Sep-29, 2019.

We were in Canada only for 3 days (Sep 27, Sep 28, and Sep 29). We wanted to go back in a few months and settle there but then COVID came and all our plans got dropped. We had given our friends Canadian address for the PR cards. They had received the cards and then mailed it to us in the USA.

Question:
We have the PR cards with us. Also, we are planning to move to Canada around April 2020. I am a little hesitant and have two questions:

- Are you aware of any issues when someone arrived at the airport with PR cards - especially when it was mailed to them. I do not believe so but just wanted to get your inputs or suggestions. Should we apply for PRTD?

- Suppose we successfully landed and had no issues at immigration. Also, if we complete the residency obligation of 730 days as well. Do you know of any cases where the PR extension might have been rejected because of a Soft landing (in my case only 3 days)?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Folks, I am looking for your guidance and expertise.

Context:
I live in the USA and work on an H1B visa. My wife is on a dependent H4 visa. We had applied for Canada PR in Sep 2018 and received the COPR in June 2019. We were told to land on or before Sept-30 2019, to complete the PR process. We landed in Toronto, Canada on Sep-27 2019, and completed the formalities. Also, applied for SIN numbers for both of us and then came back to the USA on Sep-29, 2019.

We were in Canada only for 3 days (Sep 27, Sep 28, and Sep 29). We wanted to go back in a few months and settle there but then COVID came and all our plans got dropped. We had given our friends Canadian address for the PR cards. They had received the cards and then mailed it to us in the USA.

Question:
We have the PR cards with us. Also, we are planning to move to Canada around April 2020. I am a little hesitant and have two questions:

- Are you aware of any issues when someone arrived at the airport with PR cards - especially when it was mailed to them. I do not believe so but just wanted to get your inputs or suggestions. Should we apply for PRTD?

- Suppose we successfully landed and had no issues at immigration. Also, if we complete the residency obligation of 730 days as well. Do you know of any cases where the PR extension might have been rejected because of a Soft landing (in my case only 3 days)?
You just need to worry about maintaining your residency obligation. Your first question was a non issue.

Reactions: abhishektewary2008

IndianBos

Oct 8, 2014
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-Jun-2014
Nomination.....
16-Oct-2014
File Transfer...
11-Dec-2014
Med's Request
24-Apr-2015 (Delayed for adding a child)
Med's Done....
9-May-2015 (Updated 29-May-2015)
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
17-Jun-2015 (mailed 29-June-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
11-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
7-Sep-2015
We did all of what you are going through (landed in 2015, finally moved in 2018). No issues at all as long as you maintain residency obligation.

Reactions: abhishektewary2008