+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Soft Landing: Need info for Seattle - Vancouver border

rohitgpta699

Feb 2, 2018
Hello everyone,

I am planning to complete my soft landing PR requirement through Seattle, WA and entering into BC through peace arch border crossing.

However, i am unable to figure/find out which post in Canada side do i need to visit to complete the CoPR/soft landing process.
I was under the impression peace arch border crossing is same as peace bridge, but turns out they are on opposite ends of the country :)

Does anyone have any info on the above or if anyone has successfully gone through the CoPR process through Seattle-Vancouver route by land, please share your experience/details.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

letsgotocan

Star Member
May 16, 2018
hi,
Once you are at the border crossing check point, the officer checking your entry into Canada will guide you as to what exactly should you do to complete the landing. So, you need not worry about where or how to do the landing. At the checkpoint, you will be given a yellow slip and asked to park your car outside the CBSA office just after the checkpoint (on the Canadian side).

If you driving from Seattle, just follow the I-5 till it reaches the Douglas border crossing (as you are close to the border follow the signs and do not take the truck route).

All the best for your landing!

rohitgpta699

Feb 2, 2018
Thank you for the info @letsgotocan.
If i land in Seattle airport around 9 AM PT, can i expect to get everything done on Canada side and return to Seattle by 6 PM or will it be cutting too close?

Based on your response, it seems like i might get directed to different check post in Canada, and it might not be a 1 day process.

letsgotocan

Star Member
May 16, 2018
Thank you for the info @letsgotocan.
If i land in Seattle airport around 9 AM PT, can i expect to get everything done on Canada side and return to Seattle by 6 PM or will it be cutting too close?

Based on your response, it seems like i might get directed to different check post in Canada, and it might not be a 1 day process.
You will be directed to the CBSA building that is probably 100m away from the border crossing post, not a big deal.

The landing process itself would take about an hour. If you are a family then then expect it to take a bit little longer since the officer would have to complete the paperwork for the whole family. Also, depends upon the crowd at that time of the hour.

While technically you should be able to do it in a day, depending upon your individual circumstance (family, rest stops, crowd at the border crossing and CBSA office, traffic at Seattle, your flights etc.,) you may want to take a call. I took it a bit easy, planned a night's stop in Vancouver.

langoorbandar

Star Member
Jun 14, 2017
Bay Area, USA
Visa Office......
Ottawa
You will be directed to the CBSA building that is probably 100m away from the border crossing post, not a big deal.

The landing process itself would take about an hour. If you are a family then then expect it to take a bit little longer since the officer would have to complete the paperwork for the whole family. Also, depends upon the crowd at that time of the hour.

While technically you should be able to do it in a day, depending upon your individual circumstance (family, rest stops, crowd at the border crossing and CBSA office, traffic at Seattle, your flights etc.,) you may want to take a call. I took it a bit easy, planned a night's stop in Vancouver.
Agreed, I would also plan on staying in Canada for one night and complete SIN formalities as well while I'm there. That's exactly what I did except I flew directly to Vancouver from SFO, stayed one night and took an evening flight out the next day to allow sufficient time for completing SIN application. Vancouver is beautiful and if schedule permits, plan to spend more time there which unfortunately I couldnt do. Good luck!

JayashreeGowda

Nov 18, 2018
Hello everyone,

I am planning to complete my soft landing PR requirement through Seattle, WA and entering into BC through peace arch border crossing.

However, i am unable to figure/find out which post in Canada side do i need to visit to complete the CoPR/soft landing process.
I was under the impression peace arch border crossing is same as peace bridge, but turns out they are on opposite ends of the country :)

Does anyone have any info on the above or if anyone has successfully gone through the CoPR process through Seattle-Vancouver route by land, please share your experience/details.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Hi
I am planning to do soft landing via road via peace arch border crossing.
I just wanted to know if you had any problems and did you just follow google maps?
Can you please give me more details.

uzumaki.naruto

Jul 22, 2019
Agreed, I would also plan on staying in Canada for one night and complete SIN formalities as well while I'm there. That's exactly what I did except I flew directly to Vancouver from SFO, stayed one night and took an evening flight out the next day to allow sufficient time for completing SIN application. Vancouver is beautiful and if schedule permits, plan to spend more time there which unfortunately I couldnt do. Good luck!
@langoorbandar Hi, What was destination mentioned on COPR? I'm also planning to do soft landing at Vancouver, however my COPR destination is Toronto. I'm FSW-O.