+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Soft Landing/Moving to Canada

thatguy1

Star Member
Jul 23, 2019
Anybody recently did soft landing in Canada? We are OINP applicant but planning to do soft landing at BC in Feb.

Kkdpns

Dec 5, 2019
Anybody recently did soft landing in Canada? We are OINP applicant but planning to do soft landing at BC in Feb.
Yes , I did it back in November last year. I am OINP nominee too and completed the soft landing at Vancouver border. I have posted my experience earlier. Scroll back the previous pages to read my experience.

Reactions: drunkun

thatguy1

Star Member
Jul 23, 2019
Yes , I did it back in November last year. I am OINP nominee too and completed the soft landing at Vancouver border. I have posted my experience earlier. Scroll back the previous pages to read my experience.
Thanks. Were you asked for covid test results on your entry to Canada and back to US?

Kkdpns

Dec 5, 2019
Got it. Did you show the same test result for both Canada and US entry? I am little concerned if Canada asks to quarantine.
They did not ask for covid test the US side. Things have changed from back then, so really can’t say what is their protocol now.

yogi2022

Jan 17, 2022
Hi guys,

My COPR will be expiring as of July 8th and I was informed to move to Canada before that date. I'm currently in the US on H1B. If anyone can help with the below set of questions, that will be helpful

Scenario: My USA visa(F1) expired almost 3 years ago and I do not have a stamp in my passport for H1.

1. Can I do a soft landing at a border and return back to US?
2. Will I require a US visa if I do a soft landing?
3. Has anyone got their H1B stamping done in Canada recently?
Hi futureCanadian2021,

I have a similar situation like yours. My F1 expired in 2020 and H1-B started immediately after that. I made a job switch a month ago and all related H-1B transfer done.
1. Am I safe to do soft landing by road and return without visa? My CoPR expires in a month
2. How was your experience at the Canadian and US borders?
3. Any Covid related guidelines that I need to be aware of?
4. "Derby Line, Vermont" is my closest land border. Are there any port of entry specific things that I need to be aware of?

Thank you very much in advance!

rakasaabu

Jun 1, 2020
Entered into Canada through rainbow bridge on 20jan and returned back to USA next day based on approved i797 and expired stamped visa through buffalo. everything went smooth. Good Luck everyone.

Reactions: kusump and yogi2022

Janani2109

Jul 15, 2020
Hello all,
We completed our soft landing on Detroit Windsor tunnel on October 2021 and gave our friends address for PR cards. We still haven’t got any communication nor the PR cards. How long does it normally take for processing? And will we get any communication through the express entry website? Thanks in advance

kusump

Nov 23, 2021
Entered into Canada through rainbow bridge on 20jan and returned back to USA next day based on approved i797 and expired stamped visa through buffalo. everything went smooth. Good Luck everyone.
That's exciting news. Could you please share your experience.
Do we need to carry negative RTPCR report?
Can we provide our friends address for the PR card ?
Are we allowed to go in our personal car ? do we need to anything special for that.

I am also on H1B along with spouse(H4). I would really appreciate any input. thank you.

rakasaabu

Jun 1, 2020
That's exciting news. Could you please share your experience.
Do we need to carry negative RTPCR report?
Can we provide our friends address for the PR card ?
Are we allowed to go in our personal car ? do we need to anything special for that.

I am also on H1B along with spouse(H4). I would really appreciate any input. thank you.

yes you need RTPCR negative report only while entering canada.
you need to fill arrivecan in advance.
yes you can, just tell them this will be your address.
tell them a reasonable reason for your soft landing.
yes, i myself went by my personal 45 days old car which still has temporary US number.
make a list of belongings in advance which you will be moving in future. pictures and serial no of expensive stuff. car etc

Most important - Carry all original documents with you, approved i-797, I-94 etc.
Do not carry any fire arm, weed, dope or any illegal stuff :) . My car did not get inspected neither at canada port nor at USA border crossing and they all were very polite and respectful. But i saw how they were inspecting other peoples car.

Good luck my friend! Hope that helps.

Reactions: kusump

kusump

Nov 23, 2021
yes you need RTPCR negative report only while entering canada.
you need to fill arrivecan in advance.
yes you can, just tell them this will be your address.
tell them a reasonable reason for your soft landing.
yes, i myself went by my personal 45 days old car which still has temporary US number.
make a list of belongings in advance which you will be moving in future. pictures and serial no of expensive stuff. car etc

Most important - Carry all original documents with you, approved i-797, I-94 etc.
Do not carry any fire arm, weed, dope or any illegal stuff :) . My car did not get inspected neither at canada port nor at USA border crossing and they all were very polite and respectful. But i saw how they were inspecting other peoples car.

Good luck my friend! Hope that helps.
Thanks a lot for detailed inputs :)
I have expired visa stamping of my previous employer and currently I have valid 797 for new employer. Will AVR works in this scenario ?
Also, is there no quarantine rule these day in Canada as you mentioned you came back in one day?
If you dont mind, could you please share what reason you gave for soft landing.

rakasaabu

Jun 1, 2020
Thanks a lot for detailed inputs :)
I have expired visa stamping of my previous employer and currently I have valid 797 for new employer. Will AVR works in this scenario ?
Also, is there no quarantine rule these day in Canada as you mentioned you came back in one day?
If you dont mind, could you please share what reason you gave for soft landing.
Yes, you should be able to do AVR.
They may give you a home testing kit and you will have to send the samples to testing site with in 24 hr. rest will depend on your test results. I could not do it as i came back within 24 hr.
I do have a job offer in canada but i will be joining in couple of months. You can also state that you need to find a job before you move here permanently which will require you to be a PR in Canada.

Reactions: drunkun and kusump