+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Soft-landing in Canada this friday! Last minute tips?

srirvish

Oct 5, 2017
United States of America
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
N/A
NOC Code......
Hi all,

I live and work in the US and I received my CoPR sometime in December last year. I finally am landing this friday (for the first time of course) and plan to leave in 10-15 days and then go back end of this year permanently.

I am driving there and not flying there. I am driving from Washington D.C to Toronto in a rented car which will be returned in the US after my 10-15 days (enterprise, if it matters).

I will be carrying the following things with me -

Passport, CoPR, spare passport sized photographs, canadian address details (i have family in canada), proof of funds documents (the same ones I used for express entry).

Are there any other forms that I need to be carrying and that I can pre-fill for ease? Or should the above be enough?

Any last minute tips and suggestions?

Cbhav1

Star Member
Apr 5, 2017
Aha, great, I could pre-fill this before I leave then?
Photos of Jewellery(if applicable). Make sure that you pick the right day/time/crossing. I have heard from multiple posters in the forum that most bridges do landings only on Tue, Wed and Thur. I went last month and took Peace Bridge on a Tuesday because I was not sure if they will do the formalities on weekend which was my preference as well. If you are sure then go ahead.

dittojohn

May 24, 2018
Hello ,
Were you able to successfully do the soft landing ? I am also planning to cross the rainbow bridge , driving down from Cleveland Ohio. Did you do it over the weekend ?