+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Soft Landing in Canada but wasn't allowed to apply for PR card

satish1947

Aug 3, 2017
Hello,

I completed my soft landing in May 2018 at the Ambassador bridge in Windsor, ON. I completed all the formalities including the Goods to follow list. However, I was told that I couldn't apply for PR card as I am doing a soft landing and that I should apply once I decide to move permanently. I just decided to move now and tried to apply for the PR card at Windsor Tunnel, ON today and I was told that I should have already applied when I landed, I tried explaining my scenario and I was told that I should apply it online. I tried applying online using both the UCI and COPR number but my application is not being located. I am not sure what I should be doing.

Suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
Hello,

I completed my soft landing in May 2018 at the Ambassador bridge in Windsor, ON. I completed all the formalities including the Goods to follow list. However, I was told that I couldn't apply for PR card as I am doing a soft landing and that I should apply once I decide to move permanently. I just decided to move now and tried to apply for the PR card at Windsor Tunnel, ON today and I was told that I should have already applied when I landed, I tried explaining my scenario and I was told that I should apply it online. I tried applying online using both the UCI and COPR number but my application is not being located. I am not sure what I should be doing.

Thanks
Just call CIC customer care. Let them know that you want your PR cards dispatched at your Canadian address.

Aug 20, 2017
Hello,

Thanks
Hello, Were you able to get PR cards applying online? Please let us know. I am planning to do a soft landing in windsor

BC4life

Nov 5, 2015
Toronto, ON
Visa Office......
HKVO
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
06-10-2016
AOR Received.
07-12-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-12-2016
Passport Req..
28-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2017
LANDED..........
XX-07-2017
Hello,

Thanks
I guess you did not have a mailing address in Canada at the time of your first landing?

rahulsingh16

Star Member
Aug 18, 2017
Hello,

Thanks
any update? were u able to get PR card delivered.......
any specific questions they asked not to allow PR formalities completion first time ?

ZionCanadahopeful

Star Member
Sep 6, 2018
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
30-10-2018
AOR Received.
22-01-2019
Med's Done....
29-02-2019
Passport Req..
01-04-2019
VISA ISSUED...
10-04-2019
LANDED..........
16-05-2019
hate it when people dont update once their issues is resolved and leave people in same situation go hunting for answers

Reactions: Going2Can