+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Soft landing help

javisam376

Star Member
Mar 13, 2016
Hi,

I have a PR visa and I want to do a soft landing before settling permanently in early 2009, I have a relative in Montreal however I understand I need to enter Canada at a POE outside Quebec to avoid problems, I do have a friend in Vancouver where I plan to get my PR card sent to and he will send it by parcel to my home country (Peru).

I have the following questions while planning my soft landing:

1) Can I enter via Toronto and ask for my PR card to be delivered to Vancouver or would that be a problem (getting the PR card delivered to a different province)? I am choosing Toronto since it is closer to my relative in Montreal.

2) Can I change the delivery address for my PR card after my landing (in this case to change it from a random address in Toronto to Vancouver)?

3) Besides my PR card, I would like to do as much done as possible, eg getting my SIN card and opening a bank account (to start building a credit score). Since I have a relative in Montreal it would be ideal to stay at her house when doing those things, would that be a problem since I don’t have a Certificat de sélection du Québec or should I better do it outside Quebec?

Thanks in advance for any help.

javisam376

Star Member
Mar 13, 2016
Thanks @noscaf2014 !!

Do you have any insights on getting my SIN card in Quebec without a Certificat de sélection du Québec?

I guess opening a bank account in Quebec without the certificate would be less of a problem since it is a private institution...

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks @noscaf2014 !!

Do you have any insights on getting my SIN card in Quebec without a Certificat de sélection du Québec?

I guess opening a bank account in Quebec without the certificate would be less of a problem since it is a private institution...
You don't need a CSQ to get your SIN. Also, Canada does not issue SIN cards anymore, you will only get the number.

Also, depending at what time you arrive to Toronto you could go to the Service Canada booth that is right beside the immigration area where they sign your COPR.

Reactions: javisam376

ppuu

Star Member
Mar 18, 2018
Hi,

I have a PR visa and I want to do a soft landing before settling permanently in early 2009, I have a relative in Montreal however I understand I need to enter Canada at a POE outside Quebec to avoid problems, I do have a friend in Vancouver where I plan to get my PR card sent to and he will send it by parcel to my home country (Peru).

I have the following questions while planning my soft landing:

1) Can I enter via Toronto and ask for my PR card to be delivered to Vancouver or would that be a problem (getting the PR card delivered to a different province)? I am choosing Toronto since it is closer to my relative in Montreal.

2) Can I change the delivery address for my PR card after my landing (in this case to change it from a random address in Toronto to Vancouver)?

3) Besides my PR card, I would like to do as much done as possible, eg getting my SIN card and opening a bank account (to start building a credit score). Since I have a relative in Montreal it would be ideal to stay at her house when doing those things, would that be a problem since I don’t have a Certificat de sélection du Québec or should I better do it outside Quebec?

Thanks in advance for any help.
hi I have similar situation.

May I know why we cannot enter from Montreal?

Or if there is any problem potentially that would happen if I do my soft-landing from Montreal? ( I am not applying for Qubec PR...)

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
hi I have similar situation.

May I know why we cannot enter from Montreal?

Or if there is any problem potentially that would happen if I do my soft-landing from Montreal? ( I am not applying for Qubec PR...)
You cannot soft land in Montreal if you cannot show any intention for onward travel out of Montreal,

To land in Montreal and exit the airport with the intention of residing in Quebec you would have needed to have applied through the Quebec specific immigration program.

If you are unable to show any proof of onward travel there is the possibility your PR landing will be refused and you would only possibly be allowed in as a visitor.

Worst case and there was somebody if I recall on a PNP who had no intention of heading for the PNP province and stupidly admitted as much to CBSA and had their COPR cancelled. As this is a public forum how factual that scenario was , impossible to say whether fact or fiction..

Once landed there are really no constraints on where anybody can live and work.

Last edited:

Smartypreet24

Jan 18, 2022
SINP NOMINEE , SOFT LANDING IN ONTARIO VIA LAND BORDER

Can we do soft landing in different province (Ontario)if We are nominee of another different province (Saskatchewan)via Land border and return back to USA from Ontario?

As Ontario Land Border is closer to our place. Actually we are not planning to go Regina this time. We are planning to return from land border (Ontario) after activating PR. Final move to Regina we will do after few months.

We Will give our Saskatchewan relative’s address . Will it work?