+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Soft landing from USA

ash21

Oct 18, 2020
Hello Everyone

What are all the documents that needed to be carried after COPR at port of entry? Is it okay to do soft landing from USA by road ?

Thanks in Advance.

Reactions: saurabhjainjs

Rangrez

Star Member
Aug 10, 2018
we are planning soft landing next week. Can you share your experience.
Hello Everyone

What are all the documents that needed to be carried after COPR at port of entry? Is it okay to do soft landing from USA by road ?

Thanks in Advance.

Rangrez

Star Member
Aug 10, 2018
Hello,

I haven't completed my landing yet. Can you let me know how was your experience.

Thanks,
Avinash.
Hi, we entered thru Ambassador bridge, Detroit. Doc were checked at the entry point and they asked couple of questions like where are you coming from, are you carrying any gifts, where will you stay, are you moving permanently and is there anything we want to declare.
Then they told us to park the car next to the building and 5-6 people searched the car and told us to go inside the building and meet the officer.
Officer inside wasn’t very friendly. She checked the disc and told us to sit and wait. We were called after sometime and she stamped the docs and put a date on it. As we were not moving permanently during that time even if we told them we will move in a month they didn’t apply PR cards for us.
if you are doing some landing from USA, try to go thru peace bridge or rainbow bridge. I have heard they are not that strict in applying PR cards.

All the best.

ash21

Oct 18, 2020
Hi, we entered thru Ambassador bridge, Detroit. Doc were checked at the entry point and they asked couple of questions like where are you coming from, are you carrying any gifts, where will you stay, are you moving permanently and is there anything we want to declare.
Then they told us to park the car next to the building and 5-6 people searched the car and told us to go inside the building and meet the officer.
Officer inside wasn’t very friendly. She checked the disc and told us to sit and wait. We were called after sometime and she stamped the docs and put a date on it. As we were not moving permanently during that time even if we told them we will move in a month they didn’t apply PR cards for us.
if you are doing some landing from USA, try to go thru peace bridge or rainbow bridge. I have heard they are not that strict in applying PR cards.

All the best.
Thanks Rangrez

I had bad experience at rainbow bridge last time. I have completed my landing through windsor this time. They didnt let me apply for PR card either, did they staple the copr to your passport as well ?

Thanks.