+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Soft Landing Experience - USA to Canada using Peace Bridge ( Used AVR while coming back to USA )

ZionCanadahopeful

Star Member
Sep 6, 2018
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
30-10-2018
AOR Received.
22-01-2019
Med's Done....
29-02-2019
Passport Req..
01-04-2019
VISA ISSUED...
10-04-2019
LANDED..........
16-05-2019
Thank you for the link. I see a point here
The person does not have a pending or rejected application for a new visa. Since it is not possible to renew a non-immigrant visa in the U.S., a person on a non-immigrant visa may travel to a nearby country to apply for a new visa.

I have currently applied for H-1B amendment but the current petition I have is valid until end of this year. Would I be still qualified to come back from Canada without any issues?
did you do a soft landing? I am in same boat as you. i have h1b transfer that is pending with USCIS, i see my older employer has not revoked the I129 yet so am i safe to travel and come back?

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
@ajj123 @Mirapakay
Any thoughts on this - I will be soft landing at airport and have prepared an excel document with list of items I am carrying with me, and another list of items that I can bring later.
Questions-
is it ok to bring printed excel list or I need to fill in specific form?
I am reading mixed answers on this topic everywhere.
That's fine. Having the form filled just saves a little bit of time, but it is not required.

Reactions: Sun2shine

Sun2shine

Star Member
Apr 25, 2018
BSF186 for goods you are carrying with you at time of landing and will leave in Canada
BSF186a for goods to follow.
Ok then I need to fill out BSF186a only. As I will be carrying laptop and phones with me but that will stay with me when I leave. I will include everything in BSF186a form. Thanks.

Reactions: rajesh_r

ajj123

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
Ok then I need to fill out BSF186a only. As I will be carrying laptop and phones with me but that will stay with me when I leave. I will include everything in BSF186a form. Thanks.
Carry a form of the bsf186 as well as the officer will probably ask you hand that in with no goods listed but just your landing details date/ address etc

saransh16

Sep 18, 2019
Hi. In the same boat as you. I'll be doing my soft landing via peace bridge in Oct. Did you fill Goods to follow list before reaching there or you get the form there and then you fill it out? If before, where can I find the form so that I can have it filled before going to save time.

Mirapakay

Feb 18, 2019
Hi. In the same boat as you. I'll be doing my soft landing via peace bridge in Oct. Did you fill Goods to follow list before reaching there or you get the form there and then you fill it out? If before, where can I find the form so that I can have it filled before going to save time.
It doesn't matter if you fill or not during your soft landing. I've never filled anything during my soft landing and has only declared when I moved to Canada permanently. Good luck!