+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Soft Landing Experience and PR card Question

timbaktu

Nov 1, 2018
Hi,

I live in US and did soft landing at YYZ on 12/12 and everything went smooth except officer refused to initiate my PR card and asked me to apply for it when I come to Canada permanently and apply for PRTD to travel to Canada. Officer asked me to sign COPR and I created SIN after that as well without any issues.

Officer gave a form and told me to call a number, fax a form or change address online, but online tool is not identifying me based on my UCI. I am back in US now though.

1. Should I call IRCC and tell them of address change?
  2. Will that initiate PR card as well?
  3. Is it okay to call them from US?
  4. Do they ask where are you now and details like when do I plan to move permanently.

WarHammer

May 17, 2018
Hi,

I live in US and did soft landing at YYZ on 12/12 and everything went smooth except officer refused to initiate my PR card and asked me to apply for it when I come to Canada permanently and apply for PRTD to travel to Canada. Officer asked me to sign COPR and I created SIN after that as well without any issues.

Officer gave a form and told me to call a number, fax a form or change address online, but online tool is not identifying me based on my UCI. I am back in US now though.

4. Do they ask where are you now and details like when do I plan to move permanently.
Ok this seems highly unusual. You should consult an immigration attorney rather than depend on opinions here.

timbaktu

Nov 1, 2018
Thank you for your reply. Appreciate it.
I am 100% sure that I am canadian PR now, COPR has PR start date on it.
I have read few similar instances like mine here but I am not sure if getting a PR card for me now is as simple as calling IRCC and telling them friend's address. Any thoughts?

Last edited:

miaopoem

Jul 22, 2019
I am in the exact same situation as you. We sign the CORP paper and got the sin issued smoothly. But the officer told us to get a PR card until we fully move to Canada in the future.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hi,

I have read this happening on land border crossing but this is the first time I read a case where officer refused to process PR card at YYZ. Highly unusual!

1 & 2 - There is no need for address change in case the PR card wasn't really initiated. This is very weird that officer would tell you to call IRCC when he didn't initiate PR card. So, I would say call and confirm.
For 3 specifically, you completed whole PR journey without actually calling from USA!! That's something. You can call from USA.
4. Not sure

timbaktu

Nov 1, 2018
I have read this happening on land border crossing but this is the first time I read a case where officer refused to process PR card at YYZ. Highly unusual!

1 & 2 - There is no need for address change in case the PR card wasn't really initiated. This is very weird that officer would tell you to call IRCC when he didn't initiate PR card. So, I would say call and confirm.
For 3 specifically, you completed whole PR journey without actually calling from USA!! That's something. You can call from USA.
4. Not sure
Do you know if IRCC agent (via call) can initiate PR card if officer at YYZ hasn't initiated it?

amittan

Feb 4, 2018
Anyone
Hi,

What did you reply to the officer on moving to Canada. Did you tell him the time durationwhen are you planning to move permanently?