+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Soft Landing during COVID 19

kenzakd

Sep 12, 2019
Hello all,

thanks for reading my post and hopefully help me with some useful information

I am planing to do my soft landing on April 25th (COPR expiring on april 27th) and i managed to get a flight for Toronto, my questions are the following:

- In case the immigration officer starts asking questions about how I will look for a job while in isolation (or questions similar to this one) can I tell him that I am here for a soft landing only? or will this play against me?

- as it is a soft landing, should I prepare a goods list, knowing that either ways (soft landing or settling) I will only bring my clothes?

- for the proof of funds, can I show him my banks statement of my current country of residence? or should I bring the cash?

- When I thought that I couldn't find a glight for toronto I have sent a webform telling them that I need a visa extension ( to which they didnt reply), should I send now a webform informing them that I am coming?

thanks and really hope that someone can help

Reactions: Uncle_Iroh

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
There was a post on this forum that soft landings may not be considered essential travel by CBSA so keep that in mind as they in current emergency are not expecting people to travel out of Canada

Its unlikely you will be asked about job hunting even normally . but given 14 day isolation means you head straight to your isolation accommodation without stopping off and apart from medical requirements not allowed out whole 14 days. Not a lot of recruiting going on anyway although nothing to stop anyone internet searching.

If process says send a web form indicating cannot travel then guess it also implies send a web form saying you can now travel although maybe wait until you are sure your flight doesn’t get cancelled or there is a new flight restriction.

Last edited: