+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Soft Landing Cancellation

Yaazziie

Sep 3, 2020
Hi,

I already have my COPR, however, it expired on end of April before I got the chance to do the soft landing. I was told that I could ask for an extension but which will only allow me to do a hard landing. I am not ready for the hard. landing, especially not during COVID.
Do you have more information?

Thank you,

Amberrana

May 29, 2020
Dear Member,

My question is one pertaining to email sent to us by IRCC to confirm if we can travel in the next 60 days or not. We have to revert within a time period of 10 days. Now in this regard wanted clarity from you all .

1. What would constitute Soft landing there is no time frame given only presumption. We plan to go for a period of 2-2.5 months and return back to fly again later in 2021 for good.

2. Secondly, can the IRCC refuse exit from country or take action .

As far as law is concerned charter of rights states under Section 6 that mobility is not an issue for PR holders. Still during pandemic is their a restriction in place.

Please help its an urgency as we have to revert in a week. We are ready with material.

Regards

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
Two months might be fine. There is no exit control from Canada, and PRs retain their Section 6 mobility rights. But the point is that until your COPR is signed at the border when you land, you are not a PR and do not enjoy those rights. They may refuse to sign your COPR and formalize your landing if it is clear to them you are not planning to stay. Certainly if you do not have all of your belongings with you that will raise questions about the length of your stay in Canada.

Amberrana

May 29, 2020
Dear Member,

Thanks a lot for your reply, well we have our declaration list ready for the belongings ranging from smallest item to real estate etc for PR which we had done in April when we were to fly. We also have been applying to various bodies etc and getting in touch with people for networking in the past months and have sorted out the market for surveying as well as we have family in some areas of Canada. If that all we have on paper will it be sufficient enough for us if we want to come for 3 months? We have finalised and confirmed for our apartment for 2 months as well with our concerned people too.

Thank you so much for your reply as well

*Noah*

Dec 24, 2020
Dear Member,

My question is one pertaining to email sent to us by IRCC to confirm if we can travel in the next 60 days or not. We have to revert within a time period of 10 days. Now in this regard wanted clarity from you all .

1. What would constitute Soft landing there is no time frame given only presumption. We plan to go for a period of 2-2.5 months and return back to fly again later in 2021 for good.

2. Secondly, can the IRCC refuse exit from country or take action .

As far as law is concerned charter of rights states under Section 6 that mobility is not an issue for PR holders. Still during pandemic is their a restriction in place.

Please help its an urgency as we have to revert in a week. We are ready with material.

Regards
Hello, may I please inquire on the status of your situation regarding COPR and soft landing? Thanks!