Soft Landing at Canada and using AVR to Return to the US via Peace Bridge

SB0715

Aug 19, 2019
Hi folks,

Below was our experience.

Peace Bridge Port of Entry, Canada
Questions at the Toll:
1. Purpose of visit and Ids.
2. Confirmed if we were returning immediately after the landing.
3. Redirected us to the Port of Entry office.
They let us leave immediately after signing the COPr documents, and other verification steps. This took about an hour.

Peace Bridge Port of Entry, United States:
We were asked a couple of questions at the toll:
1. Why were we traveling to the US?
2. Handed over our passport and H1B Approval/I-94.
3. Redirected us to a parking spot, 10 minutes later an officer came. He thought Canadians did not let us in and asked how he could help us. We corrected him saying that we just finished our Canadian PR process, and we were returning back to the US for work. He confirmed our current visa statuses and offer to re-validate without us even mentioning about the AVR process.
20 minutes later, another officer came in and handed back our passports. The officer also confirmed if I had a pending petition since my current was expiring in September.
(We were sitting in our car the entire time)

A very friendly and helpful experience at both ends.

I hope this is helpful.

sameer318

Mar 16, 2019
Hi folks,

Questions at the Toll:
They let us leave immediately after signing the COPr documents, and other verification steps. This took about an hour.

3. Redirected us to a parking spot, 10 minutes later an officer came. He thought Canadians did not let us in and asked how he could help us. We corrected him saying that we just finished our Canadian PR process, and we were returning back to the US for work. He confirmed our current visa statuses and offer to re-validate without us even mentioning about the AVR process.
20 minutes later, another officer came in and handed back our passports. The officer also confirmed if I had a pending petition since my current was expiring in September.

I hope this is helpful.
Thanks much. This is very helpful. Could you please elaborate on the exact answer you gave to this "1. Purpose of visit and Ids.". This will help us prepare for any follow up questions

Reactions: Doaa123

Roshwarner

Jul 6, 2020
Hi folks,

Questions at the Toll:

I hope this is helpful.
Is this at the Buffalo Canada border?

dumbsean

Feb 6, 2020
Hi folks,

Questions at the Toll:

I hope this is helpful.
Hey thanks for sharing this info, I have a quick question about Goods to follow list, did the agent talk anything about that or is that only applicable for people making permanent move to canada?