+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Social Workers 4152, Applied already/going to apply!

nashe_31

Champion Member
Dec 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London (ISB)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2014
AOR Received.
02-04-2014
File Transfer...
10-04-2014
Med's Request
17-08-2012
Med's Done....
08-12-2013 Re-Med 19-02-2015
Passport Req..
Got an email for bio page of PPs
VISA ISSUED...
DM 06 May, 2015. InShaAllah Soon!
LANDED..........
InShaAllah Soon!
samar123 said:
yes nashes i have called them they checked my application by my name and DOB but they didn't find any info abt my application which means they didn't return it yet(God Forbidden) btw my DD has also no en cashed yet. :(
Wish U best of Luck, Samar, may GOD help us all.
astopal said:
when the crendential assesment to be done my app is recieved by VO, and it is compulsory to have ur credential?????
Dear Astopal, am sorry, couldnt understand ur post, will u please explain???

sham.rash

Star Member
May 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-May-2011
AOR Received.
26-Jul-2011
File Transfer...
RBVO -19-Aug-2011, In Process - 23-Nov-2011
Med's Request
24-Nov-2011
Med's Done....
07-Dec-2011, E-cas update 24-Dec-2011
Passport Req..
24-Nov-2011, RPRF/PP sent on 10-Nov-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-Jan-2012, DM on E-cas -14-Jan-2012
Dear Nashe & Mandie,

You people are god sent, truly managed to make me smile non stop, thanks to both of you.

True, now that I have decided to file the application, no point in worrying about my educational background. I have my application package ready since last week (always checking the website for any changes in the forms), just waiting for the property valuation paper from the local authority, which I should have in my hands by tomorrow noon ( keeping my fingers crossed). Once I get the valuation report the application should be in the courier.

Nashe, Congrats on your IELTS Score, if we manage to send the courier tomorrow, we both will somewhat share the same timeline, though different VO.

I had an arrear paper for MSW, which I appeared yesterday, by October my results will be out and hopefully by that time I should get a green signal from the CIO.

Wish you guys luck with your application, inshallah........everything will work out positive for you.

BTW, should i enclose a covering letter stating myself not being Social Work graduate, and the degree not being mandatory in my country for practicing social work, or can i simply send the application package with the necessary documents.

Shami.

nashe_31

Champion Member
Dec 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London (ISB)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2014
AOR Received.
02-04-2014
File Transfer...
10-04-2014
Med's Request
17-08-2012
Med's Done....
08-12-2013 Re-Med 19-02-2015
Passport Req..
Got an email for bio page of PPs
VISA ISSUED...
DM 06 May, 2015. InShaAllah Soon!
LANDED..........
InShaAllah Soon!
sham.rash said:
Dear Nashe & Mandie,

You people are god sent, truly managed to make me smile non stop, thanks to both of you.

True, now that I have decided to file the application, no point in worrying about my educational background. I have my application package ready since last week (always checking the website for any changes in the forms), just waiting for the property valuation paper from the local authority, which I should have in my hands by tomorrow noon ( keeping my fingers crossed). Once I get the valuation report the application should be in the courier.

Nashe, Congrats on your IELTS Score, if we manage to send the courier tomorrow, we both will somewhat share the same timeline, though different VO.

I had an arrear paper for MSW, which I appeared yesterday, by October my results will be out and hopefully by that time I should get a green signal from the CIO.

Wish you guys luck with your application, inshallah........everything will work out positive for you.

BTW, should i enclose a covering letter stating myself not being Social Work graduate, and the degree not being mandatory in my country for practicing social work, or can i simply send the application package with the necessary documents.

Shami.
Thanks Shami for everything u said, and yes u should enclose this information with ur app, in my opinion.
I am also waiting for the Ielts result sheet, and most probably, I will get it tomorrow Inshallah.
Cheers...
Nashe

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
sham.rash said:
Dear Nashe & Mandie,

BTW, should i enclose a covering letter stating myself not being Social Work graduate, and the degree not being mandatory in my country for practicing social work, or can i simply send the application package with the necessary documents
Shami.
Do add the cover letter for CIO to be more informed about your situation..I wish you allthe best with your application..tell your daughter to keep smiling ;D
Mandie

zeenat imran

Apr 11, 2011
helo everyone. do u have any number in London visa office where i can call and request them for my file to be return. i called on the number given in website. she said that immigration office cannot take any call ..only emails. .i m such unfortunate for applying n submitting each n everything to visa office. i may be in the lucky list of April 2011. now i will have to wait for june 2011.reply

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
For people in this NOC

4152 Social Workers

Social workers help individuals, couples, families, groups, communities and organizations develop the skills and resources they need to enhance social functioning and provide counselling, therapy and referral to other supportive social services. Social workers also respond to other social needs and issues such as unemployment, racism and poverty. They are employed by hospitals, school boards, social service agencies, child welfare organizations, correctional facilities, community agencies, employee assistance programs and Aboriginal band councils, or they may work in private practice.

Example Titles
co-ordinator of social work
medical social worker
psychiatric social worker
social work supervisor
social worker

Main duties
Social workers perform some or all of the following duties:
•Interview clients individually, in families, or in groups, to assess their situation and problems and determine the types of services required
•Provide counsel and therapy to assist clients in developing skills to deal with and resolve their social and personal problems
•Plan programs of assistance for clients including referral to agencies that provide financial assistance, legal aid, housing, medical treatment and other services
•Investigate cases of child abuse or neglect and take authorized protective action when necessary
•Serve as members on interdisciplinary teams of professionals working with client groups
•Act as advocates for client groups in the community, lobby for solutions to problems directly affecting client groups and develop prevention and intervention programs to meet community needs
•Develop or advise on social policy legislation, conduct social research and assist in community development
•Provide mediation services and psychosocial assessments
•Evaluate the effectiveness of counselling and social programs
•May provide public education and consultation to professionals or groups regarding counselling services, issues and methods
•May supervise other social workers.
•Social workers may specialize in fields of practice such as child welfare, family services, corrections, gerontology or addictio

Employment requirements

•A bachelor's degree in social work is required in Newfoundland and Labrador, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Quebec, Ontario, Manitoba, British Columbia, Nunavut and the Northwest Territories.
•In Alberta, a bachelor's degree or diploma in social work is required.
•In Saskatchewan, a bachelor's degree in social work is usually required.
•Supervised practical experience is usually required.
•Successful completion of provincial written and oral examinations may be required.
•Registration with a provincial governing body is mandatory to practise as a social worker in Newfoundland and Labrador, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Ontario and Alberta.
•Use of the titles "Social Worker" and "Registered Social Worker" is regulated in all provinces.
•Membership in a provincial association of social workers is usually required.

Classified elsewhere
•Community and Social Service Workers (4212)
•Educational Counsellors (4143)
•Family, Marriage and Other Related Counsellors (4153)
•Managers in Social, Community and Correctional Services (0314)
http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/noc/english/noc/2006/ProfileDescription.aspx?val=4&val1=4152&val27=social+worker&val28=0&val29=0&val30=2&val31=2&val32=2&val33=2&val34=2&val35=2&val36=2&val37=2&val38=1&val39=0&val40=Section

Fatima 2011

May 17, 2011
Assalam u alaicu, every body on the thread

i am new to the group and want to apply soon , so would need a lot of guidance. i just went through the above comments. i want to ask whether credtional evaluation is essential for applying the canada immigration or is just to secure oneself. if yes what is the procedure of doing it

kindy reply the experienced ones

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
Fatima 2011 said:
Assalam u alaicu, every body on the thread

i am new to the group and want to apply soon , so would need a lot of guidance. i just went through the above comments. i want to ask whether credtional evaluation is essential for applying the canada immigration or is just to secure oneself. if yes what is the procedure of doing it

kindy reply the experienced ones
Fatima,
Credential evaluation is not essential for the FSW application, however it is recommended in the guide. I did it before my application just to boost up my chances of job search while waiting. If you want to have your social work credentials evaluated, please go to the Canadian Association of Social Workers' website: http://www.casw-acts.ca/. Hope this information helps

Fatima 2011

May 17, 2011
thanks for it.Cn u please share your educational qualification. i actually have done master in political science and education and wonder how many marks am i gonna get, whether 22 or 25.

entemaria

May 1, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
4152 Social Worker
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 9, 2010 received in sydney, NS
Doc's Request.
filed with application... document request for spouse in January 2011
IELTS Request
filed with application
File Transfer...
29 Nov 2010
Med's Request
29 June 2011. CANADA POST took 22 days deliver this mail.
Med's Done....
26 July 2011 - Principal Applicant, 02 Sept 2011 - Spouse and baby
Interview........
waived!!!!
Passport Req..
Received
LANDED..........
lives in the capital city of Canada... Ottawa, Ontario for last 4 years
Fatima 2011 said:
thanks for it.Cn u please share your educational qualification. i actually have done master in political science and education and wonder how many marks am i gonna get, whether 22 or 25.
what is your bachelors???
BSW???

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
Fatima 2011 said:
Fatima, if you have done at least 17 years full time education plus your mastters, you will get the max 25 points.
I have MSW.

Fatima 2011

May 17, 2011
i have master from pakistan so i dont know whether it becomes 16 or 17 years of schooling. but from where have u done your MSW and how many marks did u get for your educational qualification?

zeenat imran

Apr 11, 2011
Fatima 2011 said:
i have master from pakistan so i dont know whether it becomes 16 or 17 years of schooling. but from where have u done your MSW and how many marks did u get for your educational qualification?
i have the same question fatima.. i have done MBA and after 4 to 5 years i did another masters in MSC economics. m i eligible for 25 points and under 4152? i have 16+2 years education now..... reply

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
Fatima 2011 said:

Fatima,
If you look at Schedule 1/Background Declaration form, Question 10 asks for the number of years of school you have successfully completed for each of the following levels:
-Elelemtary/Primary School:
-Secondary High School:
-University/College:
-Trade school or other post secodary education:
So if you already have 1 or 2 years masters, the year(s) will fall under other post secondary education. this plus the other stages of the edu levels give you the total years.
Eg. 9 yrs primary, 3 yrs high school, 4 yrs uni and 1 or 2 years masters (17 or 18 yrs) and the fact that you hold masters enables you to get the full 25 points.
CASW assessed my credentials to be equivalent to Canadian MASW.

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
zeenat imran said:
i have the same question fatima.. i have done MBA and after 4 to 5 years i did another masters in MSC economics. m i eligible for 25 points and under 4152? i have 16+2 years education now..... reply

Zeenat,
If you read my comment above, it might answer your question about points for education, which cuts across every NOC.