+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Social Workers 4152, Applied already/going to apply!

astopal

Feb 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi dear All

I am very tense nowadays, as i applied in March 2011, PER in April 2011, and till then RBVO nothing more what should i do how i contact the embassy to knw about my case????? when should i expect medical??????Plz need some advice

darwaish

Jan 10, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
astopal said:
Hi dear All

I am very tense nowadays, as i applied in March 2011, PER in April 2011, and till then RBVO nothing more what should i do how i contact the embassy to knw about my case????? when should i expect medical??????Plz need some advice
First write a case specific mail to re-london-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca and wait for a week. IF they dont reply THEN go for CAIPS.
If you don't have complicated BG checks (like having a long intl. travel history and many places of stay for more than six months) then, I think, you should go for CAIPS notes at this stage. (http://www.caipsnotes.com)
In my view, a year without any news is a bit too much for MI2 applicants
But plz don't worry and hold strongly to your faith and patience. All of us here are facing more or less the same situation.
Lets hope for the best for our progress and success
Cheers

poonambot2005ju

Feb 17, 2012
Dear All,

Please Reply to my post if possible. I am Skilled worker applicant in Social worker category. Even I applied during the current list but I was quite unfortunate to get my file back from CIO just for a minor error that I committed in application form as I entered India as immigration office requested for processing of application instead of New Delhi. Otherwise I would hv entered in the processing category of my application as everything was fine.
AS of now its clear that social worker is again going to be there in the list but there is problem if new rules for credential assessment comes into force.
My point is that am I eligible to apply as I have done post graduation in life Sciences but I am working as Supervisor/Coordinator of Social Welfare Services with Govt. of India since 2002. Everything is ok with experience as from time to time I am instrumental in handling most of the social Welfare schemes launched by Govt of India like ICDS, NOAP, Old AGE HOmes, Financial Schemes, and various schemes for needy,
Because of this almost all my job duties matched as given in NOC list.
BEsides this I have done various training's and refresher courses from time to time. I also got award from state govt for outstanding public service.
As for as other criterion for 67 point is concerned, my total points comes around 72 if they consider my regular qualification of 17 years and 10 years job experience with 7 in each band in IELTS with overall 8.
BY taking above points into mind I request you all to suggest me Should I start preparing my file again for coming log or not ?
Regards
poonam

bijili

Star Member
Oct 20, 2011
india
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
sent with application
Nomination.....
na
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
poonambot2005ju said:
Dear All,

Please Reply to my post if possible. I am Skilled worker applicant in Social worker category. Even I applied during the current list but I was quite unfortunate to get my file back from CIO just for a minor error that I committed in application form as I entered India as immigration office requested for processing of application instead of New Delhi. Otherwise I would hv entered in the processing category of my application as everything was fine.
AS of now its clear that social worker is again going to be there in the list but there is problem if new rules for credential assessment comes into force.
My point is that am I eligible to apply as I have done post graduation in life Sciences but I am working as Supervisor/Coordinator of Social Welfare Services with Govt. of India since 2002. Everything is ok with experience as from time to time I am instrumental in handling most of the social Welfare schemes launched by Govt of India like ICDS, NOAP, Old AGE HOmes, Financial Schemes, and various schemes for needy,
BEsides this I have done various training's and refresher courses from time to time. I also got award from state govt for outstanding public service.
As for as other criterion for 67 point is concerned, my total points comes around 72 if they consider my regular qualification of 17 years and 10 years job experience with 7 in each band in IELTS with overall 8.
BY taking above points into mind I request you all to suggest me Should I start preparing my file again for coming log or not ?
Regards
poonam
so far no official announcement has come that education should back the NOC you are applying. its just an assessment of the educational position we have in canada with the degrees or pgs that we have in other parts of the world. earlier it was not mandatory. and now they are planning to make it.

pray it never comes otherwise as you stated :)

darwaish

Jan 10, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
poonambot2005ju said:
Dear All,

Regards
poonam
Out of my experience as a social worker and after careful considerations, I do not foresee CIC restricting SW cat. to graduates of SW only.
No! its not gonna happen by any logic.
Considering nature and spread of social worker's JD (given in NOC 4152), for me, it is not possible to attain such skill sets only from social work qualifications. Similarly, look at the canadian job market for SWrs, its extremely diverse and thinly spread over enormous specializations which require far far more than just having a qualification in SW.
Occupations related to social and behavioral sciences have inseparable overlaps and inevitable dependencies for each other which don't allow such qualification restrictions while inviting applicants from all over the World.
Now coming back to your case, once 4152 is in the new list, you have bright chances and should apply. So start preparing things ASAP.
Good luck

3D

Apr 7, 2012
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-JUNE-2011
AOR Received.
1-SEPTEMBER-2011
Med's Request
30-DECEMBER-2011
Med's Done....
2-JANUARY-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
SEND WITH MEDICAL
VISA ISSUED...
DECISION MADE - 24/04/2012
LANDED..........
PLANNING
harsh001 said:
Me also waiting for DM :(
lets see what happens next harsh001, i hope everyone gets pp back soon with stamp.

harsh001

Star Member
Oct 18, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-04-2012
LANDED..........
May 2012
3D said:
lets see what happens next harsh001, i hope everyone gets pp back soon with stamp.

inshallah

3D

Apr 7, 2012
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-JUNE-2011
AOR Received.
1-SEPTEMBER-2011
Med's Request
30-DECEMBER-2011
Med's Done....
2-JANUARY-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
SEND WITH MEDICAL
VISA ISSUED...
DECISION MADE - 24/04/2012
LANDED..........
PLANNING

marly

Apr 28, 2012
Hi

Please share your advice.I am planning to apply under noc 4152. But I do not know if I am still qualified, and if ever I still meet the requirements required, I do not know where to start my application.Here is my case.
I have finished Bachelor of Science in Social Work and Master in Public Administration.I have years of experience as a social worker working in non government organization.My last work was as chief social worker in our municipality last 2003. At the moment and for five years already I am the secretary of our community and part of my responsibilities was social services. I would like to know if I am still qualified for FSW under NOC 4152, If yes then how do i start my application. Would it help also if I get a job offer from an employer in canada?
Thanks much.Please share your advice.

unni

Nov 13, 2011
Qatar
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
SEND TRU APPL
File Transfer...
Med's Request
10.08.2012 new born med req on 21.03.2013
Med's Done....
30.08.2012- new born med on 31.03.2013
Interview........
GOD'S HAND
Passport Req..
24.04.2013 & pp recived by LVO on 07.05.2013 DECESION MADE ON 28.05.2013, ADDRESS CHANGED ON 30.05.2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
with the grace of god on 18.07.2013
yes you are still qualifyied to apply under 4152 .j just waite for july 2012. in the mean time yous should arrange the documentation as well as IELTS

cheers

all the best
unni

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
Marly,
You can start by familiarizing yourself with the current requirement. Note that this is likely to change after July 2012 when a new ministerial instruction sets in.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who.asp
My advise is to get your IELTS and also get your credential assessed as it has been hinted it could become a new requirement.
*Mandie*

darwaish

Jan 10, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
Anybody who got her/his visa from london VO under this category (4152)?
I haven't seen any such example over the last one year or so?
Please share

Deshi bhai

Jun 7, 2011
Dear All, Please see the below mail from SGVO.

Dear Ms XXXXX,

Thank you for your enquiry to the Immigration Section of the High Commission of Canada in Singapore.

We are pleased to advise you that your application has been assessed, and that you have been determined to meet the eligibility requirements of the Federal Skilled Worker category.

As you may already be aware, changes to immigration law in 2008 allow Citizenship & Immigration Canada (CIC) to set, through Ministerial Instructions, the number and type of applications considered for processing each year, and the order in which these applications will be processed. You may wish to consult this page for more information on the Ministerial Instructions: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/mi/index.asp

Your application was determined to be eligible under the first set of Ministerial Instructions, as it was received between February 28, 2008 and June 25, 2010. A second set of Ministerial Instructions applies to applications received between June 26, 2010 and June 30, 2011. Processing priority is now being given to Skilled Worker applications that meet the eligibility criteria in a third set of Ministerial Instructions, for applications received from July 1, 2011.

The number of Federal Skilled Worker applications approved by the Singapore visa office has exceeded the visa target we have been allocated for this category under Canada's annual Immigration Levels Plan. We are carefully managing the finalization of applications to ensure that the applicants with skills and work experience that meet current labour market needs - i.e. those who applied under the most recent set of Ministerial Instructions - are issued visas on a priority basis. For applications received under earlier sets of Ministerial Instructions, we will proceed with the final steps of processing (e.g. medical examination, statutory checks) only when we have sufficient target space to be able to issue visas in the coming year.

Applications received under the first set of Ministerial instructions will be processed to finalization on the basis of when they were received. Applicants who applied earlier (from February 27, 2008 onward) will be contacted before those who applied later (up to June 25, 2010). When we are ready to continue processing your application, we will contact you with instructions. Until then, the only information you are required to provide to our office is:

- Change of address or contact information, including email address

- Marriage, birth, or death in the applicant's immediate family

- Request to withdraw the application and refund the application fees

- Submission of an Arranged Employment Opinion approved by Human Resources and Social Development Canada

- Change to the applicant's representation (to engage, change, or revoke a paid representative, the form IMM 5476 Use of a Representative must be completed and signed by the applicant, then sent to our office)

In all correspondence with our office, remember to quote the applicant's file number, full name and date of birth.

We hope this information will be of assistance.

Sincerely,

Immigration Section | Section d'immigration
High Commission of Canada | Haut Commissariat du Canada
Singapore | Singapour

Facsimile | Télécopieur : (65) 6854-5874
E-mail Address | Adresse courriel : Singapore-im-enquiry @ international.gc.ca
Website | Site Web : www.cic.gc.ca | www.singapore.gc.ca
Street Address | Adresse de rue: One George Street, #11-01, Singapore 049145
Mailing Address | Adresse d'expédition : P.O. Box 845, Robinson Road, Singapore 901645

Apr 7, 2012
Ferozepur
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-06-2011
Med's Request
26-12-2012
Med's Done....
01-01-2013
Passport Req..
22-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
hi all.

astopal said:
Hi dear All