+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

social insurance number

Emy79

Jul 20, 2018
I was out of Canada for 4 years, my PR is expired ,but i am here in Canada now and i have to stay for 2 years to be able to renew my PR.
I found out that my social insurance number is deactivated and in order to activate it i have to apply for it and it takes a month. I am so scared it might be risky to apply for activation that i might get a report for being outside of Canada for 4 years.
Any similar situation?Any information about it? Any advice?
Thanks

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
How do you found out that it is deactivated?
It usually is if it's not been used for a while. Not sure how long a "while" is. If you go to Service Canada, they will tell you if it's dormant. I think that's also the case when an employer tries to verify it as well.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I was out of Canada for 4 years, my PR is expired ,but i am here in Canada now and i have to stay for 2 years to be able to renew my PR.
I found out that my social insurance number is deactivated and in order to activate it i have to apply for it and it takes a month. I am so scared it might be risky to apply for activation that i might get a report for being outside of Canada for 4 years.
Any similar situation?Any information about it? Any advice?
Thanks
Nothing will happen. Reactivate your SIN.