+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Social Insurance Number - which service center?

kaegon

Star Member
Apr 27, 2017
Thanks.I will need to find out if there is a service canada desk present at Calgary airport.

Yes, permanent residents can get social insurance number on the same day of landing.

As I said before, once your landing is completed at Port of entry. Go to nearest 'service Canada' office. Show your COPR and passport. Sign a form and get SIN number in 15 mins.

If you are landing in Toronto airport, there is a service Canada office in the airport itself.

I am not sure if service Canada office is there in other Canadian airports. It might be inside the city.
Yes, permanent residents can get social insurance number on the same day of landing.

As I said before, once your landing is completed at Port of entry. Go to nearest 'service Canada' office. Show your COPR and passport. Sign a form and get SIN number in 15 mins.

If you are landing in Toronto airport, there is a service Canada office in the airport itself.

I am not sure if service Canada office is there in other Canadian airports. It might be inside the city.

Reactions: kuldip25

Baahubali

May 18, 2017
For PR card they use the photos submitted during PPR request.
Can we submit another set of photos for PR card? The photo on my CoPR is kind of spoilt a bit because of ink marks (the ink from the stuff written on back side of the other photo submitted during PPR).

agvalen1810

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-05-2017
Hi please are you trying to say that immigrants get social insurance number as soon as they land and fill the registration form at the airport? Or it takes weeks for processing? kindly clarify.
You get the SIN number the same day you apply for it at a Service Canada

Reactions: kaegon

jmatharu

Aug 6, 2018
The service Canada center nearest to your hotel. No restrictions. There is one even in Toronto airport. You can get your SIN from there too. Hardly takes 15 minutes.
Hello,
Do you know the timings of this service center at the airport ? We live in the US and would like to book the flight accordingly .

unnipbvr

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018
Hello,
Do you know the timings of this service center at the airport ? We live in the US and would like to book the flight accordingly .
I believe the one at the airport has been closed.

http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/tbsc-fsco/sc-srchadrs.jsp?lang=eng

Edit:
I probably was wrong, See this thread https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/landing-experience-toronto-airport-yyz.658448/

Looks like the one in Airport is still operational

Last edited: