Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
For us Ontario voters, our choices this election are horrible. If you can't vote, you are not missing much.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
For us Ontario voters, our choices this election are horrible. If you can't vote, you are not missing much.
While the choices are not that good, it comes down to two choices. Continuing piling on more debt or try to get our debt under control.

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
While the choices are not that good, it comes down to two choices. Continuing piling on more debt or try to get our debt under control.
If you are suggesting the Ford PCs will so much as make an attempt, any real attempt, to better budget government expenditures, let alone actually accomplish it, time to wake out of the dream. Or remove head from dark place. Or stop lying.

Almost every election comes down to some horrible choices. But like some recent American experiences in this regard, in this Ontario election there is a really, really horrible choice versus allowing for some compromises.

It can be difficult to guess, for any particular Ford advocate, whether it is a nefarious motive or some delusion or merely low-information at play, but the Ford GANG are playing all three groups for whatever they can get. Appears that more than a third of voters in Ontario are indeed deluded, low-information, or have at least selfish if not nefarious motives.

This much is sure: there is NO way, NONE at all, that anyone can claim to be informed, honest, and assert that the Ford PCs are offering any semblance of a reasonable plan for the province's finances . . . since they have offered none other than "trust me." Don't!

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
If you are suggesting the Ford PCs will so much as make an attempt, any real attempt, to better budget government expenditures, let alone actually accomplish it, time to wake out of the dream. Or remove head from dark place. Or stop lying.

Almost every election comes down to some horrible choices. But like some recent American experiences in this regard, in this Ontario election there is a really, really horrible choice versus allowing for some compromises.

It can be difficult to guess, for any particular Ford advocate, whether it is a nefarious motive or some delusion or merely low-information at play, but the Ford GANG are playing all three groups for whatever they can get. Appears that more than a third of voters in Ontario are indeed deluded, low-information, or have at least selfish if not nefarious motives.

This much is sure: there is NO way, NONE at all, that anyone can claim to be informed, honest, and assert that the Ford PCs are offering any semblance of a reasonable plan for the province's finances . . . since they have offered none other than "trust me." Don't!
None of the party platforms are fully costed at all. But at least the PC Party have acknowledged the reality of the problem of continuing to pile on debt. And besides, none of the parties except the liberals can fully cost the platform until PC or NDP take a look at how much mess the liberals have left them. We all know the NDP doesn't care about debt, they would be happy to double the debt to 600B if they wanted to.

I rather trust the PC party to at least make an effort to get the debt under control. I would never trust the NDP to tackle the debt problem. Debt is not a part of their vocabulary.

Last edited:

Kenny232

Star Member
Oct 19, 2017
I believe there's a lot of people who're waiting for test invites. Looks like there's a lot of applications made recently.
People from Dec/Jan are still waiting for test/interview dates. It's a slow go this year. Not sure if IRCC can maintain 12-month timeline.
People like me from October 2017 are still waiting for test invite ....

lilzz

Star Member
Apr 15, 2015
Montreal
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-08-2014
AOR Received.
21-10-2014
Med's Done....
05-06-2015 (Upfront)
Passport Req..
none - Visa Exempt Country
VISA ISSUED...
16-07-2015
LANDED..........
25-07-2015
I'm at 140 days since IP, do I win a prize? :D

ChippyBoy

Dec 5, 2016
I'm at 140 days since IP, do I win a prize? :D
No, I don't think so, hehe. I think I saw one person somewhere on here who's over 200 days of IP and still testless/interviewless, like us.

I'd thought that the NHS (UK) was pretty bad for bureaucracy and slowness, then I came across the DMV (US) which eclipsed it, but now the Canadian IRCC easily takes the prize.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012

Well, the Ford win didn’t mean people like PC better , but people were too fed up with Wynne government’s lies, scandals and broken promises, not to mention horrible policies, yet too scared of NDP’s extremism

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Well, the Ford win didn’t mean people like PC better , but people were too fed up with Wynne government’s lies, scandals and broken promises, not to mention horrible policies, yet too scared of NDP’s extremism
Yes, just like the Trudeau 2015 win doesn't mean they like Liberals better, but people were tired of 9 years of Harper.

Last edited:

mumbai1985

Feb 25, 2014
No, I don't think so, hehe. I think I saw one person somewhere on here who's over 200 days of IP and still testless/interviewless, like us.

I'd thought that the NHS (UK) was pretty bad for bureaucracy and slowness, then I came across the DMV (US) which eclipsed it, but now the Canadian IRCC easily takes the prize.
I'm one of those guys. Come Sunday, I will complete 200 days in process.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
I live in Brampton. As per ircc, my office will be Mississauga once transit is complete. Lol. In transit for 200 days.
That implies that it's still in Sydney NS waiting on checks... Are from or have you visited some "unstable" part of the world?