AOR Received.
17-04-2014
Med's Done....
23-02-2014
Passport Req..
14-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
27-10-2014
Apologies since I have posted this in the Abu Dhabi thread too, but need some reassurance from more people.

Bit scared about something since I think I've made a mistake. Wondering if anyone could help me out here.

In the application that I sent out, for some stupid reason I assumed that they wanted the ORIGINAL birth certificate of my wife. I'm referring IMM 3911, Middle East and Central Asia.
Now that I read it, it says they'd want a photocopy, and that the only originals they'd want would be the forms and police certificate.

Now I'm just worried about 2 things.

1) Would the fact that I sent an original birth certificate of hers instead of a photocopy be an issue in regards to the application?
2) More importantly, would they send back the originals?! I've heard they don't always send back the documents and proof, but this is an original birth certificate, and it is really important and almost impossible to make another one.

I don't even know if I can contact the Abu Dhabi Visa Office this early since I just got my sponsorship approval yesterday.
I just hope they don't lose the original birth certificate and that we get it back otherwise my wife will kill me!!

M

mikeymyke

It shouldn't be an issue at all. The originals always trump the photocopies in any situation. It would be bad if they request an original, but you sent a photocopy. They just say they want a photocopy because they don't want everyone to send in originals of stuff they don't really need an original for.

March2014apply

Star Member
Mar 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2014
AOR Received.
17-04-2014
Med's Done....
23-02-2014
Passport Req..
14-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
27-10-2014
mikeymyke said:
It shouldn't be an issue at all. The originals always trump the photocopies in any situation. It would be bad if they request an original, but you sent a photocopy. They just say they want a photocopy because they don't want everyone to send in originals of stuff they don't really need an original for.
Fair enough and makes sense.
However I'm just worried if they'll send it back or not at the end of the whole process...

zmahe

Feb 27, 2014
I'm far from an expert on this situation but I wouldn't worry. Not meeting the required documentation would be a problem, but in this case you went over and above. I highly doubt it will have any negative impact on your application. I don't think they return evidence sent in. In Canada it's not too big of a deal to get a replacement birth certificate but I guess the seriousness of that issue depends on what country it was issued in.

March2014apply

Star Member
Mar 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2014
AOR Received.
17-04-2014
Med's Done....
23-02-2014
Passport Req..
14-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
27-10-2014
zmahe said:
I'm far from an expert on this situation but I wouldn't worry. Not meeting the required documentation would be a problem, but in this case you went over and above. I highly doubt it will have any negative impact on your application. I don't think they return evidence sent in. In Canada it's not too big of a deal to get a replacement birth certificate but I guess the seriousness of that issue depends on what country it was issued in.

Pakistan unfortunately.. :(

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
March2014apply said:
Fair enough and makes sense.
However I'm just worried if they'll send it back or not at the end of the whole process...
Sending the original is fine.

Unfortunately there is no guarantee you will get it back through at the end of the process. Some people get originals back, and some people don't. Best to send them a case specific inquiry near the end of your processing to confirm they mail it back to you.

truesmile

Champion Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-05-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
02-02-2013
Agree that from an application point of view, it won't be a problem. As far as getting it back goes however I'd focus on replies you get from your VO specific thread. From our VO (Manila) we received back NO original documentation sent in, only proofs of genuine relationship like photos and what not.

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i think you may be in a mess here, not from application POV but your birth certificate. usually it is darn hard to get a second copy of birth certificate and chances are that you won't get it back. i would contact CIC and the local VO as soon as possible. send the photocopy right away and ask for the original back immediately.

if you dont get the birth certificate back, it could be an issue later on.

MofC2014

Star Member
Jan 17, 2014
March2014apply said:
Pakistan unfortunately.. :(
Correct me if Im wrong, but it would seem that your spouse is a national of Pakistan living in UAE, so I dont think you should be using the specific guide for IMM 3911, Middle East and Central Asia but should be using the one for Pakistani nationals even if your spouse now lives in UAE or else where in the Middle East . Maybe i am wrong in my logic, others who have more experience can comment.

Pakistani national MUST submit original birth certificates.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3907e.pdf

Mrs_Canuck

Jan 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/04/2013
AOR Received.
16/04/2013
Med's Done....
08/03/2013
LANDED..........
12/03/2014
MofC2014 said:
Correct me if Im wrong, but it would seem that your spouse is a national of Pakistan living in UAE, so I dont think you should be using the specific guide for IMM 3911, Middle East and Central Asia but should be using the one for Pakistani nationals even if your spouse now lives in UAE or else where in the Middle East . Maybe i am wrong in my logic, others who have more experience can comment.

Pakistani national MUST submit original birth certificates.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3907e.pdf
I'm not sure that this is right - senior members, feel free to correct me here. If that were the case, even if people from other countries were applying inland, that would mean that they would have to use the criteria from the country of origin... which we know is NOT the case. If that were the case, my Turkish husband would have had to use the form you mentioned above when filing for inland PR.

The CIC website had this to say above where you would find the specific region guides:

Part 3: Information guides

Sponsored relatives must follow specific instructions depending on where they live. To find their region, use the list below.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp

Obronibini

Jul 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2014 (Received as per tracking 21-03-2013)
AOR Received.
29-04-2014
File Transfer...
30-04-2014
Passport Req..
04-08-2014
March2014apply said:
Apologies since I have posted this in the Abu Dhabi thread too, but need some reassurance from more people.

Bit scared about something since I think I've made a mistake. Wondering if anyone could help me out here.

In the application that I sent out, for some stupid reason I assumed that they wanted the ORIGINAL birth certificate of my wife. I'm referring IMM 3911, Middle East and Central Asia.
Now that I read it, it says they'd want a photocopy, and that the only originals they'd want would be the forms and police certificate.

1) Would the fact that I sent an original birth certificate of hers instead of a photocopy be an issue in regards to the application?
2) More importantly, would they send back the originals?! I've heard they don't always send back the documents and proof, but this is an original birth certificate, and it is really important and almost impossible to make another one.

I don't even know if I can contact the Abu Dhabi Visa Office this early since I just got my sponsorship approval yesterday.
I just hope they don't lose the original birth certificate and that we get it back otherwise my wife will kill me!!
to add to what others have aid , maybe you should send photocopy and a letter , then add a self stamped envelope ( pay for the return of original) that way they have nothing to loose sending it back to you , I hope that's possible

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
MofC2014 said:
That's wrong. An applicant must use the checklist specific to their VO, so OP used the correct checklist.

fandv

Aug 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Jan 2013
AOR Received.
CPC-M: None. Singapore: 25 Apr 2013
File Transfer...
17 Apr 2013
Med's Request
2nd request: 5 Feb 2014
Med's Done....
1st: 12 Dec 2012. 2nd: 11 Feb 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14 Feb 2014 and also e-CAS changed to "In Process" on that day. Passport got to Singapore: 12 Mar '14
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made on eCAS: 12 April 2014. Visa n COPR issued 8 April 2014, received 16 May 2014.
LANDED..........
20 May 2014. PR card arrived on 29 July 2014.
March2014apply said:

- Is your wife still a citizen of Pakistan? (I'm not familiar with its dual nationality regulation.)

- How long did she live in Pakistan?

- Is she a citizen of the UAE?

If she's NOT a citizen of the UAE:

- How long has she been living in the UAE?

- How long did she get admitted for in the UAE? (i.e.: her current stay permit in the UAE, lets her stay there for how long?)

March2014apply

Star Member
Mar 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2014
AOR Received.
17-04-2014
Med's Done....
23-02-2014
Passport Req..
14-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
27-10-2014
fandv said:
- Is your wife still a citizen of Pakistan? (I'm not familiar with its dual nationality regulation.)

- How long did she live in Pakistan?

- Is she a citizen of the UAE?

If she's NOT a citizen of the UAE:

- How long has she been living in the UAE?

- How long did she get admitted for in the UAE? (i.e.: her current stay permit in the UAE, lets her stay there for how long?)
Yes she is a citizen of Pakistan. That's the only country she is a citizen of, though Pakistan DOES permit dual nationality.
She's not really lived much in Pakistan except for maybe a year or 2 when she was a kid.

She is NOT a citizen of UAE.
She has been living in UAE for most of her entire adult life.
She could stay in UAE is for another 2-3 years. She has a residence visa. She is on her father's visa as is often the case with females in that part of the world.

agarand8

Aug 21, 2013
Regina, Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2014
Doc's Request.
10-06-2014
AOR Received.
21-05-2014...#2 - 10-06-2014
File Transfer...
22-05-2014
Med's Request
Additional tests requested on 05-06-2014
Med's Done....
Feb. 2014 & August 5th 2014
Interview........
24-FEB-2015
Passport Req..
24-MAR-2015...received at VO 6-APR-2015
I think it's interesting that people are advising you to send CIC a photocopy because if they have the original how are you supposed to photocopy it? Lol

I would say as soon as you receive your first communications from your visa office respond to the email and let them know your mistake and that you need that document returned to you at the end of the process. Then when you get PPR I would put a written letter requesting that they return the birth certificate with the passport.