+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

So Frustrated

helena21

Sep 12, 2014
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear,

There are many of us here with similar stories and also very frustrated... :)

I have submitted my first application in September 2014, under the old system. As I work for a huge international company and speak both French and English, I was sure that things will run smoothly. I've even received AOR and they have charged my credit card. I was on a 99% road to get my PER. Well, as the old saying says "If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans"... On December 31st, I got my full application back because someone has decided finally that I do not have a proof of minimum 1 year work experience, which is btw a totally wrong conclusion. However, it was too late, EE was already onboard and appealing was a long and complicated process.

So, after an initial shock and denial, together with the "I will never ever go to Canada again, not even as a tourist", I ended up creating the EE profile. I've landed with 345 points and again got frustrated. Then I set down again and checked my options - retake IELTS, take TEF (which I initially didn't do as I had more than enough points under the old system)... Again, I ended up with only 361 points.

In June, the light at the end of the tunel appeared (or so I thought), Ontario released the EE French-Speaking Stream and in no time I got the PT and applied. I thought again, being an ultimate optimist, that everything will be ready by the end of the year and that by June 2016 I will be in Toronto with my family. By end of October, things still looked well, as I got my AOR, so all I had to do is wait for a month or two for my nomination.

To cut the long story short, after more than 5 months, I still don't have my Ontario nomination. All I can do is wait and hope that one of these days things will go my way.

I am sorry for such a long post, but I wanted you to understand that you are not alone here and that you should not give up. Try to improve your points, explore all the PNPs and other options, stay as much informed as you can, if you really believe that Canada is the right place for you.

And keep the optimism...

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
helena21 said:
In June, the light at the end of the tunel appeared (or so I thought), Ontario released the EE French-Speaking Stream and in no time I got the PT and applied. I thought again, being an ultimate optimist, that everything will be ready by the end of the year and that by June 2016 I will be in Toronto with my family. By end of October, things still looked well, as I got my AOR, so all I had to do is wait for a month or two for my nomination.

To cut the long story short, after more than 5 months, I still don't have my Ontario nomination. All I can do is wait and hope that one of these days things will go my way.
I really hope I do get an ITA and never have to go down the PNP path but if I do, I would like to find out if your story about the OINP the exception rather than the rule? I ask because it says that it takes 90 days to process the OINP. Are you trying to tell the people who applied after 24 November 2015 and received a letter of Interest from Ontario because their CRS points was over 400 that in five months time they could still not have their nomination?

I have seen some people on this forum who say they have received the Ontario nomination. If this is the case their story is in contrast to yours.

helena21

Sep 12, 2014
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JoacRy said:
I really hope I do get an ITA and never have to go down the PNP path but if I do, I would like to find out if your story about the OINP the exception rather than the rule? I ask because it says that it takes 90 days to process the OINP. Are you trying to tell the people who applied after 24 November 2015 and received a letter of Interest from Ontario because their CRS points was over 400 that in five months time they could still not have their nomination?

I have seen some people on this forum who say they have received the Ontario nomination. If this is the case their story is in contrast to yours.
There are different cases and we still didn't figure out why. Some people get it within 90 days and others don't. If you want more details, check out our spreadsheet - http://tinyurl.com/OINPspreadsheet.

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
helena21 said:
There are different cases and we still didn't figure out why. Some people get it within 90 days and others don't. If you want more details, check out our spreadsheet - http://tinyurl.com/OINPspreadsheet.
This is really scary. I hope you get it soon. It's also weird how you scored highly when you first submitted the documents, but after your Express Entry profile was file your score dropped. It's a good thing you got the OINP Letter of Interest when you did.

helena21

Sep 12, 2014
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JoacRy said:
This is really scary. I hope you get it soon. It's also weird how you scored highly when you first submitted the documents, but after your Express Entry profile was file your score dropped. It's a good thing you got the OINP Letter of Interest when you did.
Thanks! :)

I scored high under the old simplified system, before EE. Under EE, I never managed to go above 400. Ontario PNP is my only chance as even with better IELTS I can't go above 450. I exhausted all my resources for more points. :( We are a family of 3, but I can claim only few points for my husband, which doesn't help almost at all.

The irony of this situation is that I genuinely planned and want to go to Toronto. All our friends are there and distant relatives (for which I can't claim any points). But it seems that Ontario officers either forgot my application or do not think I deserve it... The time will tell...

hopesndreams

Oct 9, 2015
Sorry for the late reply..but thank you all for your kind words..

Praying for all who are undergoing problems in this PR process :)

God Bless..

thadichikutty

Star Member
Oct 31, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
14-Apr-2016
AOR Received.
06-Apr-2016
T365 said:
If your CRS wont score above 400, you still have SINP and Quebec. If you manage to claim 400+ points, OINP's definitely for you. PM me if you get 400+ points I'll share you techniques for OINP. Or you can just search this forum.
Hi,

Can PM the techniques for OINP as I already loosing my patience after I become ineligible for SINP. I only hav OINP now..kindly request your help.

May God bless you.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
thadichikutty said:
Hi,

Can PM the techniques for OINP as I already loosing my patience after I become ineligible for SINP. I only hav OINP now..kindly request your help.

May God bless you.
Take a look at this post --->

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/oinp-ee-human-capital-priorities-stream-comprehensive-guide-t396543.0.html;msg4952833#msg4952833

Good luck and all the very best!

taral80

Jan 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
NSNP Nov 2015
AOR Received.
19th Dec 2015
Passport Req..
22nd April 2016
Isn't this forum amazing... So many help and motivate each other. So many lessons to be learnt. I think we all are learning so many things about our own self through this immigration process, whether its anxiety, patience, hope, faith and so many other emotions that in normal scenario would have been rare to encounter.
Love u all there... :) and wish all of us a state of peace and calmness in our successes or failures...

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
Don't give up! Immigration is always going to be a difficult prospect- but the benefits are worth the troubles! You cannot lose sight of your goal! Look, this is difficult on you- but it's still not over!
Here are some tips and suggestions on what you can do:

* Retake IELTS. Yes, I know, you don't want to- but this is the easiest way to increase your score, short of learning French or getting a second degree. My advice is to buy Barron's and Cambridge's IELTS study guides, as well as the College Board SAT study guide- all three will give you an extremely strong base in English to work with
* Consider switching yourself and your spouse as the primary applicants- this can often lead to a raise in scores.
* Consider Ontario's PNP- it's easy and liberal, and you'll get an almost guaranteed 600 points. Ontario also has the biggest economy in Canada, so your job prospects would, generally speaking, be best there.

Please PM me if you want to talk more, or vent, or if you need advice. If you want to exchange notes, just message me! This is a long, exhausting process- and it can be hard on all of us! Talking to others can be the most helpful thing when you are doing something like this, even when you don't need any specific help from them. The moral support alone is amazing :)

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
taral80 said:
Isn't this forum amazing... So many help and motivate each other. So many lessons to be learnt. I think we all are learning so many things about our own self through this immigration process, whether its anxiety, patience, hope, faith and so many other emotions that in normal scenario would have been rare to encounter.
Love u all there... :) and wish all of us a state of peace and calmness in our successes or failures...
Thank you for your message. Every day I check my account twice a day (morning and night) with my heart in my mouth at times.

Yesterday, got an email yesterday and rushed home only to find it was an email for an update which occurred 24 hrs earlier. These are nervous times and I am trying to hold my nerve.

Best wishes to all on this forum. @taral80, Congratulations on your progress. Please keep us updated.

ellia

Nov 12, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
02-10-2015
AOR Received.
22-11-2015
Med's Done....
23-11-2015
Passport Req..
16-05-2016
LANDED..........
04-07-2016
helena21 said:
<...>

<...>
Hi, helena21!
I have just read your story, and I just wanted to say - it was great to see that you've finally gotten your Ontario nomination, and are even well on the way to the PPR, in your signature.
Congratulations! :)

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry FSW Outlander
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
helena21 said:
Dear,

There are many of us here with similar stories and also very frustrated... :)

I have submitted my first application in September 2014, under the old system. As I work for a huge international company and speak both French and English, I was sure that things will run smoothly. I've even received AOR and they have charged my credit card. I was on a 99% road to get my PER. Well, as the old saying says "If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans"... On December 31st, I got my full application back because someone has decided finally that I do not have a proof of minimum 1 year work experience, which is btw a totally wrong conclusion. However, it was too late, EE was already onboard and appealing was a long and complicated process.

So, after an initial shock and denial, together with the "I will never ever go to Canada again, not even as a tourist", I ended up creating the EE profile. I've landed with 345 points and again got frustrated. Then I set down again and checked my options - retake IELTS, take TEF (which I initially didn't do as I had more than enough points under the old system)... Again, I ended up with only 361 points.

I am sorry for such a long post, but I wanted you to understand that you are not alone here and that you should not give up. Try to improve your points, explore all the PNPs and other options, stay as much informed as you can, if you really believe that Canada is the right place for you.

And keep the optimism...
CONGRATULATIONS!!! on your nominations and all the very best for your PR...

Such a brilliant post...+1

Pascal.H

May 26, 2015
Laval
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-12-2016
Nomination.....
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
29-12-2016
Med's Request
19-01-2017
Passport Req..
05-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2017
LANDED..........
21-08-2017
hopesndreams said:
Don't know from where to start. E.E has taken the wind out of my sails..It's been a frustrating 1.5 yrs since i thought of immigrating to canada.

In 2014 I got late in submitting my docs as they rejected my WES 1st time and thereby lost considerable time. Score pretty ok in ielts : S:7,R:9,L:8,W:6.5.. Like most ppl out here W killed me with that loss of .5.

Tried again IELTS but scored even less.. My biggest mistake I used an agent(on the advise of family friends who had immigrtaed to can/aus with their help)..had to shell out Rs.1.5lac as agent fees..Agent-*****..

Got EE score of 383 after using up all options..My NOC is 1123..doesnt seem to come up in any PNP nominations either...On top of it agent asks for another 75k if they want my profile papers to be filled for any PNP nominations..I am thinking of telling them to cancel my candidature and refund my money and make my own EE profile again.

I have never been felt so cheated and discouraged..Don't know whom to blame..the agent/CIC ambiguity/my luck.

I am sure same time next year you will be sitting somewhere in Canada laughing at this post!