+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

So confused! Please suggest me what should I do?

jyotisoumensaha

Jul 28, 2017
Recently I applied for a study permit for doing BFA in photography with an offer letter from Concordia University. Although I have just finished my BSc. in EEE, I have been working as a freelance photographer since 2012 hence decided to get a degree in photography as I have decided to change my career to Photography.
In my previous refusal letter, the VO has ticked 'You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada after .....' point.
He has ticked almost each sub point except the 2nd and the last one. I have already filled GCMS.

Today I went to a local consultancy firm and the lady there said me that I should stop thinking about Canada since I have got ticked at that point. I asked her what if I proceed with masters? She said won't be fruitful since I already have history there, the VO will think that as I have got refusal with Bachelor course I have chosen Masters. The decision will be negative once again.

So I am too much confused and hopeless about getting/applying for the study permit in Canada.

Someone, please suggest me what should I do. Can someone tell if she is correct or not?

UBC 2017

Apr 8, 2017
So I am too much confused and hopeless about getting/applying for the study permit in Canada.

Someone, please suggest me what should I do. Can someone tell if she is correct or not?
She is not correct !
You have a chance if you address the refusal reasons properly. Having most of the boxes ticked, it's difficult but not impossible , the best thing you can do is to wait for the CAIPS to see the detailed reasons and then prepare a strong profile.

Reactions: jyotisoumensaha

jyotisoumensaha

Jul 28, 2017
She is not correct !
You have a chance if you address the refusal reasons properly. Having most of the boxes ticked, it's difficult but not impossible , the best thing you can do is to wait for the CAIPS to see the detailed reasons and then prepare a strong profile.
Thank you so much for making it clear! But have a bit more confusion. Will it matter if I change my previous subject and apply with a masters course related to my graduation course after resolving all those matters mentioned GCMS?

Last edited:

UBC 2017

Apr 8, 2017
Will it matter if I change my previous subject and apply with a masters course related to my graduation course
It may raise suspicions that your aim is immigration, however, in all cases you need to provide a strong SOP (statement of purpose) to support either option.

jyotisoumensaha

Jul 28, 2017
It may raise suspicions that your aim is immigration, however, in all cases you need to provide a strong SOP (statement of purpose) to support either option.
I see. Things are pretty difficult in both ways. Won't get the permit if I apply for photography once again as the VO doesn't see career progression and also won't get a permit for masters since that might raise suspicions about my intention. :(

UBC 2017

Apr 8, 2017
I see. Things are pretty difficult in both ways. Won't get the permit if I apply for photography once again as the VO doesn't see career progression and also won't get a permit for masters since that might raise suspicions about my intention. :(
Not necessarily , it depends on how convincing is your case , don't loose hope, I've seen cases approved after changing the field of study.
Just wait for the CGMS and then a lot of members will help you build a strong profile.
Good Luck.

gaba

Star Member
Feb 1, 2017
Recently I applied for a study permit for doing BFA in photography with an offer letter from Concordia University. Although I have just finished my BSc. in EEE, I have been working as a freelance photographer since 2012 hence decided to get a degree in photography as I have decided to change my career to Photography.
In my previous refusal letter, the VO has ticked 'You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada after .....' point.
He has ticked almost each sub point except the 2nd and the last one. I have already filled GCMS.

Today I went to a local consultancy firm and the lady there said me that I should stop thinking about Canada since I have got ticked at that point. I asked her what if I proceed with masters? She said won't be fruitful since I already have history there, the VO will think that as I have got refusal with Bachelor course I have chosen Masters. The decision will be negative once again.

If you can successfully adress your refusal reasons and strong points to raise against the refusal points, you would definitely get visa. I have seen many people who got their visa in even 3rd/4th attempt.
Never loose hope.
Make a very strong sop and never think of changing the course. It would have negative impact on your profile.

jyotisoumensaha

Jul 28, 2017
If you can successfully adress your refusal reasons and strong points to raise against the refusal points, you would definitely get visa. I have seen many people who got their visa in even 3rd/4th attempt.
Never loose hope.
Make a very strong sop and never think of changing the course. It would have negative impact on your profile.
The VO was like wish I could add few more points. He has ticked every single point except three.

"You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay. In reaching this decision, I considered several factors, including:

✓ travel history
❑ immigration status in country of residence
✓family ties in Canada and in country of residence
❑ length of proposed stay in Canada
✓ purpose of visit
✓ employment prospects in country of residence
✓ current employment situation
✓personal assets and financial status.
❑ your history of having contravened the conditions of admission on a previous stay in Canada "

I really don't know how would I convince the VO about 'employment prospects in country of residence' with another SOP and how could I make it stronger. It's almost impossible to convince someone if someone thinks that there is no progression of the selected career in the respected country. If it turns out that this is the sole reason for the refusal, I don't think I will be able to convince the VO, no matter how strong my SOP is and how many times I apply. So there I don't see any other option except doing masters on my previous bachelor subject and sticking to that profession.

Last edited:

gaba

Star Member
Feb 1, 2017
The VO was like wish I could add few more points. He has ticked every single point except three.

"You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay. In reaching this decision, I considered several factors, including:

✓ travel history
❑ immigration status in country of residence
✓family ties in Canada and in country of residence
❑ length of proposed stay in Canada
✓ purpose of visit
✓ employment prospects in country of residence
✓ current employment situation
✓personal assets and financial status.
❑ your history of having contravened the conditions of admission on a previous stay in Canada "

I really don't know how would I convince the VO about 'employment prospects in country of residence' with another SOP and how could I make it stronger. It's almost impossible to convince someone if someone thinks that there is no progression of the selected career in the respected country. If it turns out that this is the sole reason for the refusal, I don't think I will be able to convince the VO, no matter how strong my SOP is and how many times I apply. So there I don't see any other option except doing masters on my previous bachelor subject and sticking to that profession.

You can show employment prospects by writing that 'after completion of the course, i would get job in this this particular areas'. And remember, now the visa officer would not be the same, so there are still chances that you can get visa. Different visa officers have different way of seeing things.

jyotisoumensaha

Jul 28, 2017
You can show employment prospects by writing that 'after completion of the course, i would get job in this this particular areas'. And remember, now the visa officer would not be the same, so there are still chances that you can get visa. Different visa officers have different way of seeing things.
I already did that in my previous SOP but failed to convince the VO. Feeling so directionless. Can't decide which way should I proceed.

gaba

Star Member
Feb 1, 2017
I already did that in my previous SOP but failed to convince the VO. Feeling so directionless. Can't decide which way should I proceed.
Take time as you have enough time for next intake. Be calm, think thoroughly. Actually, it would be all clear from caips. Only after that you would be able to decide the right path for you.
Until that, see some consultants in your locality.
Good luck.