+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

So confused anyone please help me!

ambitiousgirl

Feb 9, 2012
Dear all! My sister went to Canada as a live-in caregiver 2 years ago, she is currently in canada. Now she is applying for PR and OWP. However, she also wants to study at a university to get a bachelor degree and she has the intention of applying for the study permit. She is wondering if she can apply for PR, OPW and study permit at the same time or only one at a time (for fear of the embassy will process the application one by one)? As far as I am concerned, PR will take about 3 years and at that time if my sister is given the study permit, she will have graduated from university. That's great! However, we still need some information to confirm about this since we have searched many places but can't find the information we need! We are looking for your reply! Many thanks!

plussy

Jan 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
NOC Code......
LIC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Ambitiousgirl,

I understand that one cannot have both Work and Study Permits at the same time.

Her OWP will have the condition that the holder "must not attend any educational institution or take any academic, professional, or vocational training course."

She still have to wait for her PR to pursue her degree.

Good luck. :)

ambitiousgirl

Feb 9, 2012
Hello Plussy! Thank you very much for your reply! I know it's very hard for my sister now. However, is it possible to apply for PR and Study Permit ( without applying for OWP)? Is that option feasible?

jade

Star Member
Apr 6, 2009
No. However, she can attend school as long as it is less than 6 months. Taking a course that is ess than 6 months does not require a study permit.

plussy

Jan 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
NOC Code......
LIC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Ambitiousgirl,

Yes. She can apply PR and a Study Permit instead of OWP.

Good luck :D