+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SMS and phone calls only proof of communication

bacidash

Star Member
Jul 23, 2012
Most of the communication between me and my wife is via text messages and phone calls, no skype or msn or emails and other stuff.

Is this sufficient as evidence?

But also the texts are around 2000+ does this mean I send everything? I found a way to turn them all into text on the computer, but still ends up being like A LOT OF WASTED PAPER!!

Since I dont have other forms of communication, should i compensate for the others by sending all the texts?

Faraholayyan

Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman, jordan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/19/2011
AOR Received.
09/29/2011
File Transfer...
03/16/2012
Med's Done....
05/16/2011
For my application i had printed all the phone logs and highlighted all the calls between us. And from there i only sent a few texts and a few emails... And just stated that we communicate by text other means. They dont want every text u guys ve sent each other jus enough for proof u keep in contact. So i would pick a many from differnt dates and send those to them

bacidash

Star Member
Jul 23, 2012
Faraholayyan said:
For my application i had printed all the phone logs and highlighted all the calls between us. And from there i only sent a few texts and a few emails... And just stated that we communicate by text other means. They dont want every text u guys ve sent each other jus enough for proof u keep in contact. So i would pick a many from differnt dates and send those to them
How did you do it? did you print screen on your phone? or did you transfer the texts to computer and then print them out?

Faraholayyan

Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman, jordan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/19/2011
AOR Received.
09/29/2011
File Transfer...
03/16/2012
Med's Done....
05/16/2011
I did just print screen it ( ive an iphone... So i just took a picture saved the pictures of the screen uploaded it on the computer and had 4 pictures of the texts on each page that i printed. Every picture of different dates. And what i also did ( u should have this availablr for u online for the phone activity) shows text log ( very similar to the phone log) basicly has proof of messeges recieved and sent and from what number. U can print that out and highlight the text sent from u and her.

bacidash

Star Member
Jul 23, 2012
Faraholayyan said:
I did just print screen it ( ive an iphone... So i just took a picture saved the pictures of the screen uploaded it on the computer and had 4 pictures of the texts on each page that i printed. Every picture of different dates. And what i also did ( u should have this availablr for u online for the phone activity) shows text log ( very similar to the phone log) basicly has proof of messeges recieved and sent and from what number. U can print that out and highlight the text sent from u and her.
Yeah thats a good idea, just sending a few print screen texts, but as for the text logs thats more difficult. Me and my wife mainly communicate with an application called viber (free calls and texting vith data or wifi), therefore sending and receiving texts does not have an actual log, unless I transfer it to computer via .CSV file and delete the actual messages and keep only the date, time, phone numbers, and sent/received section, i guess in a way this would take up a LOT less space than putting ALL of our messages there. But even for the log, did you send them every message and phone call that you made?
Even some texts that me and her sent via GSM (carrier) when I checked my phone bill the numbers didnt show up, I called my provider (bell) and they said we cant show them to you, i said theyre my messages and i have a right to see who i sent and received texts from, they refused, they just told me that i should give their number to CIC and they can call and ask which number i sent texts to and received them from. :S

lunas

Champion Member
Apr 10, 2012
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/07/2012
AOR Received.
11/07/2012
Med's Done....
8/15/2012
Passport Req..
03/14/2013
LANDED..........
04/19/2013
bacidash said:
Yeah thats a good idea, just sending a few print screen texts, but as for the text logs thats more difficult. Me and my wife mainly communicate with an application called viber (free calls and texting vith data or wifi), therefore sending and receiving texts does not have an actual log, unless I transfer it to computer via .CSV file and delete the actual messages and keep only the date, time, phone numbers, and sent/received section, i guess in a way this would take up a LOT less space than putting ALL of our messages there. But even for the log, did you send them every message and phone call that you made?
Even some texts that me and her sent via GSM (carrier) when I checked my phone bill the numbers didnt show up, I called my provider (bell) and they said we cant show them to you, i said theyre my messages and i have a right to see who i sent and received texts from, they refused, they just told me that i should give their number to CIC and they can call and ask which number i sent texts to and received them from. :S
hey do you have a friend who works at a phone company or anybody who works at those places where they sell cellphone plans? They usually transfer your contacts and other things using a device called Cellebrite. If you can get a hold of that tool (it's very small) then they can extract those text messages and give it to as html or csv (excel).
I have a friend who used that to extract a cell phone content with thta device for another reason (court) and that was a lifesaver.

bacidash

Star Member
Jul 23, 2012
lunas said:
hey do you have a friend who works at a phone company or anybody who works at those places where they sell cellphone plans? They usually transfer your contacts and other things using a device called Cellebrite. If you can get a hold of that tool (it's very small) then they can extract those text messages and give it to as html or csv (excel).
I have a friend who used that to extract a cell phone content with thta device for another reason (court) and that was a lifesaver.
Sadly, I don't know anyone at bell, lol. But what you're saying I can do with an application called sms to text, on my android. But that's the issue, should I print out all the texts and stuff or should I remove the messages and use only the logs, date, time, direction(sent/received), phone number, and name, then just delete the messages so I can use it just as a log, and take up less space?

Faraholayyan

Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman, jordan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/19/2011
AOR Received.
09/29/2011
File Transfer...
03/16/2012
Med's Done....
05/16/2011
Like i said for mine i did the log. The point is u have to proof u keep in contact they dont need everyword said between the two of u and just placing as a log saves a lot of paper! If u can get it in cvs format thats great But make sure to include in there what type of application your using to keep in touch because that would explain why u sont have a legit phone bill

bacidash

Star Member
Jul 23, 2012
Faraholayyan said:
Like i said for mine i did the log. The point is u have to proof u keep in contact they dont need everyword said between the two of u and just placing as a log saves a lot of paper! If u can get it in cvs format thats great But make sure to include in there what type of application your using to keep in touch because that would explain why u sont have a legit phone bill
Thanks for the info and the advice, that's a huge weight lifted off of me. Just seemed like such a waste to put all of our texts on paper, plus kind of private.

On another thread people were saying "put everything, better safe than sorry." Also for photos, some discussions I saw was alla bout sending a LOT of photos, but one guy said his friend is in CIC and usually they just look at likr 10-20 photos and try to see if they are real and not photoshopped, and see if they can tell whether this is a genuine relatio.ship or not. I guess they don't want all your albums and messages, they don't want to invade privacy, just to see if your relationship is for real.

Really quite relieved about this info though. The more I read and discuss here, j seem to feel lighter. Lol.

Faraholayyan

Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman, jordan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/19/2011
AOR Received.
09/29/2011
File Transfer...
03/16/2012
Med's Done....
05/16/2011
Glad i can help! And good luck! I sent in like 40 pictures... All of different times and around 15 of them were with family member too so make sure to include some of those!!

steph816

Star Member
Dec 21, 2009
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2011
AOR Received.
01-06-2011
File Transfer...
13-06-2011 VO began processing 06-10-2011
Med's Request
10-01-2012
Med's Done....
22-01-2011, 27-02-2012
Interview........
23-05-2012
Passport Req..
19-06-2012
VISA ISSUED...
06-07-2012
LANDED..........
20-07-2012
All we were advised to do by a lawyer was to print off some texts, not the ones where it's just chit chat, but ones where there is substance to the conversation - stuff like when you talk about your lives together, moving, starting a family, etc... anything that proves you are in a real relationship - including private stuff - things that are personal and sacred - because that shows your relationship is bona fide and not just superficial. Don't worry about someone reading about your personal private conversations - you will never see them and they don't care about you anyway! If the phone numbers (your spouse's) happen to be listed on your texts, get them to write a stat delcaration stating that the number is indeed theirs, cause for all the CIC know, you could be randomly talking to anyone else (also advised by a lawyer). Better to have all your bases covered. As for pictures - you MUST include photos of the two of you with OTHER people as this holds more weight than just pictures of you two on your own. Also, identify every person in each photo. =)

bacidash

Star Member
Jul 23, 2012
steph816 said:
If the phone numbers (your spouse's) happen to be listed on your texts, get them to write a stat delcaration stating that the number is indeed theirs, cause for all the CIC know, you could be randomly talking to anyone else (also advised by a lawyer). Better to have all your bases covered.
How does one get a statutory declaration for a phone number?? I know I had to get one for being single, so they would perform my marriage at city hall. But where would one go about getting one for as you said for a phone number? Just basically take an oath in some kind of court or something stating that "this number listed is my phone number?"

bacidash

Star Member
Jul 23, 2012
Faraholayyan said:
Glad i can help! And good luck! I sent in like 40 pictures... All of different times and around 15 of them were with family member too so make sure to include some of those!!
Again, thanks for all your help!! Much appreciated. Hopefully everything works out for you, as well as myself!! :D

steph816

Star Member
Dec 21, 2009
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2011
AOR Received.
01-06-2011
File Transfer...
13-06-2011 VO began processing 06-10-2011
Med's Request
10-01-2012
Med's Done....
22-01-2011, 27-02-2012
Interview........
23-05-2012
Passport Req..
19-06-2012
VISA ISSUED...
06-07-2012
LANDED..........
20-07-2012
Just type something up stating the numbers are yours or his.....sign them and ya, basically get a commissioner of oaths to witness it. (we didn't get a commissioner to witness anything...we just signed and sent with our package and didn't have any problems. But I know other people who got a commissioner to sign theirs....)

bacidash

Star Member
Jul 23, 2012
steph816 said:
Just type something up stating the numbers are yours or his.....sign them and ya, basically get a commissioner of oaths to witness it. (we didn't get a commissioner to witness anything...we just signed and sent with our package and didn't have any problems. But I know other people who got a commissioner to sign theirs....)
So I can be the only one to sign this paper and state both my number and my wife's number. I don't have to send this to my wife back home to sign and mail to me?