+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Small mistake in the reference letter

Generosuboy

Star Member
Mar 5, 2020
Hi all! I am CEC INLAND

After submitting all documents for PR, i noticed that previous company’s HR did a small mistake in my reference letter.

My last date of employment was April 19, 2019, however, he mentioned April 29, 2019.

I also have a second reference letter from my current employer stating that I’ve started working on April 22,2019

Just curious if that gonna cause any issues?

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
Hi all! I am CEC INLAND

After submitting all documents for PR, i noticed that previous company’s HR did a small mistake in my reference letter.

My last date of employment was April 19, 2019, however, he mentioned April 29, 2019.

I also have a second reference letter from my current employer stating that I’ve started working on April 22,2019

Just curious if that gonna cause any issues?
Re-submit the correct version of your reference letter by raising IRCC web form request. Also, explain this situation as an explanation.

Reactions: Godisguru

mvneema10

Oct 21, 2019
Hi @13nitinsharma
I have question on reference letter..
My previous employer provided athe reference letter with a small grammar error
"She had been a full time permanent employee having her total 40 hours of work per week."
in the above statement, you can "her" is wrongly inserted. Will this cause issue or confusion?

srvp

Star Member
Sep 10, 2020
United States of America
Category........
FSW
Hi @13nitinsharma
"She had been a full time permanent employee having her total 40 hours of work per week."
in the above statement, you can "her" is wrongly inserted. Will this cause issue or confusion?
hello, there is a chance that this can be considered as 'human error' and neglected. However, if there is an option to get it corrected, what is stopping you?. Why would you keep a document with a known error, Right?

mvneema10

Oct 21, 2019
hello, there is a chance that this can be considered as 'human error' and neglected. However, if there is an option to get it corrected, what is stopping you?. Why would you keep a document with a known error, Right?
Hi. Thanks for the response. I could try contacting them but it was of great effort I was able to get this version. What is they refuse to send me an updated version? What else can I do?

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
Hi @13nitinsharma
That's normal. You should not be worried at all.

Reactions: mvneema10

srvp

Star Member
Sep 10, 2020
United States of America
Category........
FSW
Hi. Thanks for the response. I could try contacting them but it was of great effort I was able to get this version. What is they refuse to send me an updated version? What else can I do?
you can use the version you have without any worries.. My point is if this could be corrected without much hazel and can be submitted within time frame, get it done else go ahead with the current one. Cheers!

mvneema10

Oct 21, 2019
you can use the version you have without any worries.. My point is if this could be corrected without much hazel and can be submitted within time frame, get it done else go ahead with the current one. Cheers!
Thanks @13nitinsharma and @srvp for the response. I will try to ask them for correct but if they refuse, can I attach the letter I have and should I mention in loe??

This question is out of the topic:
Do we have to mention part time job worked during the period of studying? I have worked for part time job as security officer at residential offices from Aug 2013 to Dec 2013 while studying Masters. However, I don't remember if I worked beyond that. Should I really add the job experience in personal history? I don't want to add something which I am not sure of but at the same doesn't want to withheld information (fearing misinterpretation). Please advise

Last edited:
Reactions: srvp

srvp

Star Member
Sep 10, 2020
United States of America
Category........
FSW
Thanks @13nitinsharma and @srvp for the response. I will try to ask them for correct but if they refuse, can I attach the letter I have and should I mention in loe??

This question is out of the topic:
Do we have to mention part time job worked during the period of studying? I have worked for part time job as security officer at residential offices from Aug 2013 to Dec 2013 while studying Masters. However, I don't remember if I worked beyond that. Should I really add the job experience in personal history? I don't want to add something which I am not sure of but at the same doesn't want to withheld information (fearing misinterpretation). Please advise

you may just forget about it, go ahead with the letter you have, explanation in LOE is absolutely not required. But leaving it to your wish.

No, you don't have to mention that under work history. if I recall correctly, any work we did more than 6 months only to be included. Could you please read through the notes under work history in profile to confirm?.

Yes! all have included internships and training details under personal history. From my knowledge that's how we should be doing.
FYI, for any details you enter under work history, you have to submit reference letter's and other documents. Whereas its not required for those under personal history. And we aren't withholding any information that way(Personal history).

cycy_304

Star Member
Jun 30, 2020
Hi @13nitinsharma
Don't stress urself it's just a small mistake as long as it doesn't change the meaning or the content of the letter it shouldn't be a problem. My letter of reference has many small grammar mistakes because my boss doesn't speak English but I passed eligibility without issue.

mvneema10

Oct 21, 2019
Don't stress urself it's just a small mistake as long as it doesn't change the meaning or the content of the letter it shouldn't be a problem. My letter of reference has many small grammar mistakes because my boss doesn't speak English but I passed eligibility without issue.
Cool Thanks!!