Visa Office......
Rome
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1/11/11
Hello,

We are trying to gather all the necessary documents to submit our application in order to immigrate to Canada. There are some things that greatly confuse us and in order to be on the safe side, we would like your help!

1) Is it ok if we send our FBI police clearance some months after our application? This is because the clearance needs at least 4 months! We cannot afford waiting for it before we submit our papers!

2) I know that passports are international documents but do you think that since they include our native language (non English or french) inside, we should translate them too?

3) Are the work reference letters obligatory for all applicants? I read in the guide and checklist that they are needed only for the principal applicant but some friends of ours that immigrated already, told us that they gathered them for each applicant.

4) Is there any way that they might contact our current employers here in Greece?

5) Is there anyone in here that is also applying these days (after the changes of July 1st, 2011) to immigrate to Canada so we can talk extensively etc?

Thank you all for your time and I hope you can help us with our questions!

PS: We have read (and read daily) the checklist and guide but we are trying to make sure we are on the safe side. Thank you

nashe_31

Champion Member
Dec 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London (ISB)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2014
AOR Received.
02-04-2014
File Transfer...
10-04-2014
Med's Request
17-08-2012
Med's Done....
08-12-2013 Re-Med 19-02-2015
Passport Req..
Got an email for bio page of PPs
VISA ISSUED...
DM 06 May, 2015. InShaAllah Soon!
LANDED..........
InShaAllah Soon!
Vangelis21 said:
Hello,

We are trying to gather all the necessary documents to submit our application in order to immigrate to Canada. There are some things that greatly confuse us and in order to be on the safe side, we would like your help!

1) Is it ok if we send our FBI police clearance some months after our application? This is because the clearance needs at least 4 months! We cannot afford waiting for it before we submit our papers! Yes you can send it later, but u should apply for it after sending the application to be able to send it, when demanded by Visa office.

2) I know that passports are international documents but do you think that since they include our native language (non English or french) inside, we should translate them too? If any information is not in English or French, u will have to get that info translated by a certified translator and send it.

3) Are the work reference letters obligatory for all applicants? I read in the guide and checklist that they are needed only for the principal applicant but some friends of ours that immigrated already, told us that they gathered them for each applicant. Only the principal applicant has to submit these letters.

4) Is there any way that they might contact our current employers here in Greece? Yes, your Visa office is supposed to contact ur employers during background verification and the percentage of applicants who have faced verification calls is quite low. It depends on the quality of ur submitted documents.

5) Is there anyone in here that is also applying these days (after the changes of July 1st, 2011) to immigrate to Canada so we can talk extensively etc? Please join the thread for July 2011 applicants and u will have a know how of the current situation.

Thank you all for your time and I hope you can help us with our questions!

PS: We have read (and read daily) the checklist and guide but we are trying to make sure we are on the safe side. Thank you
Regards,
Nashe

Vangelis21

Sep 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1/11/11
1) what? seriously? we should apply for the police clearance only when the Visa office demands it? This may delay our application for months! Why can't I apply for the police clearance now, send my application to CIO in a month from now and then when they request it to just send them the police clearance that I will have received from the FBI?

2) I know that, but passports are tricky. They have all the information in both our native language and in English. What happens in this situation?

3) Is this something you personally know or have done or it is what you read in the checklist? I am just concerned because the others send these too and got accepted...

4) So it may or may not happen.... got it.

Thanks again, I will also join the thread you recommend

Vangelis21

Sep 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1/11/11
I would REALLY like an answer to the police clearance question I asked because we are ready to mail the application to the FBI on Monday and I would like to know if we should or we should do it ONLY after the office requests it

nashe_31

Champion Member
Dec 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London (ISB)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2014
AOR Received.
02-04-2014
File Transfer...
10-04-2014
Med's Request
17-08-2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
InShaAllah Soon!
Vangelis21 said:
1) what? seriously? we should apply for the police clearance only when the Visa office demands it? This may delay our application for months! Why can't I apply for the police clearance now, send my application to CIO in a month from now and then when they request it to just send them the police clearance that I will have received from the FBI? Sorry buddy, i couldn't make it clear, i mean make sure to apply for the PCC ASAP so that u can submit it later on ur VO's demand.

2) I know that, but passports are tricky. They have all the information in both our native language and in English. What happens in this situation? Its Okay then, why to translate the already translated information?.... In that case u need not to have ur passport translated.

3) Is this something you personally know or have done or it is what you read in the checklist? I am just concerned because the others send these too and got accepted... I did the same thing, actually u get the points on the basis of ur work experience (i assume u as a principal applicant) and not for the Work Experience of ur dependents....

4) So it may or may not happen.... got it. Great

Vangelis21

Sep 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1/11/11
nashe_31 said:
1) what? seriously? we should apply for the police clearance only when the Visa office demands it? This may delay our application for months! Why can't I apply for the police clearance now, send my application to CIO in a month from now and then when they request it to just send them the police clearance that I will have received from the FBI? Sorry buddy, i couldn't make it clear, i mean make sure to apply for the PCC ASAP so that u can submit it later on ur VO's demand.

2) I know that, but passports are tricky. They have all the information in both our native language and in English. What happens in this situation? Its Okay then, why to translate the already translated information?.... In that case u need not to have ur passport translated.

3) Is this something you personally know or have done or it is what you read in the checklist? I am just concerned because the others send these too and got accepted... I did the same thing, actually u get the points on the basis of ur work experience (i assume u as a principal applicant) and not for the Work Experience of ur dependents....

4) So it may or may not happen.... got it. Great

1) I think we were lost somewhere in translation :) Let's take it from the beginning.
so...
If we send RIGHT NOW the application to the FBI headquarters in order to get the police clearance from the USA they will send it to us in about 4 months. Of course we cannot afford to wait that much and we will send our application to the visa office in a month from now (we are waiting for IELTS). SO my question is: When should I send the FBI clearance to the visa office?
a) as soon as I receive it from the FBI?
b) when and if they requested from the visa office and only then?

In both cases we take for granted that I apply to FBI for the clearance on Monday.

2) That was also my opinion but I remember reading that any information containing any other language than English or French should be translated.

3) My wife is the principal applicant and I am a dependant. She will certainly send the reference letters, should I do the same? WIll it help in anyway? (by the way, her boss denies to include the work hours per week in this reference letter. Will this be a problem?)

nashe_31

Champion Member
Dec 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London (ISB)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2014
AOR Received.
02-04-2014
File Transfer...
10-04-2014
Med's Request
17-08-2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
InShaAllah Soon!
Vangelis21 said:
1) I think we were lost somewhere in translation :) Let's take it from the beginning.
so...
If we send RIGHT NOW the application to the FBI headquarters in order to get the police clearance from the USA they will send it to us in about 4 months. Of course we cannot afford to wait that much and we will send our application to the visa office in a month from now (we are waiting for IELTS). SO my question is: When should I send the FBI clearance to the visa office?
a) as soon as I receive it from the FBI?
b) when and if they requested from the visa office and only then?

In both cases we take for granted that I apply to FBI for the clearance on Monday.

2) That was also my opinion but I remember reading that any information containing any other language than English or French should be translated.

3) My wife is the principal applicant and I am a dependant. She will certainly send the reference letters, should I do the same? WIll it help in anyway? (by the way, her boss denies to include the work hours per week in this reference letter. Will this be a problem?)
Dear Sir, your point was quite clear from ur very first msg, that's y i opined that u should send application to FBI ASAP, and when ur application reaches ur VO (after getting PER by CIO, am thinking positively :)) U might be able to submit it to ur VO.

Same case is with me, I couldnt send my PCC from Egypt, with my initial application, now my application is gonna be RBVO and i have got my PCC so am planning to send it even before the VO asks for it. (Jst waiting for my status to be RBVO ;))

I hope everything is crystal clear now, if not ......

We are here buddy!

Cheers,
Nashe

Vangelis21

Sep 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1/11/11
thank you for the reply,

So you say I should apply to FBI asap but send my clearance to the visa office ONLY when they request it?

Please answer to my other questions as well and please please do me the favour and "open" the abbreviations you used because I am not familiar yet with them and I would like to learn them! :)

nashe_31

Champion Member
Dec 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London (ISB)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2014
AOR Received.
02-04-2014
File Transfer...
10-04-2014
Med's Request
17-08-2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
InShaAllah Soon!
Vangelis21 said:
thank you for the reply,

So you say I should apply to FBI asap but send my clearance to the visa office ONLY when they request it?

Please answer to my other questions as well and please please do me the favour and "open" the abbreviations you used because I am not familiar yet with them and I would like to learn them! :)
PER Positive Eligibility Review
CIO Central Intake Office
VO Visa Office
RBVO Received by visa office

I will advice to u to go through this forum extensively before launching ur Application, that will be of great help to U. :D

Cheers,

Nashe

Vangelis21

Sep 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1/11/11
thanks! still need answers to questions though !

Vangelis21

Sep 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1/11/11

siddharth_pharma84

Jun 25, 2011
WINNIPEG
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
11-07-2016
Doc's Request.
none
Nomination.....
22-04-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
IELTS Request
upfront
File Transfer...
3-11-2016 to New Delhi
Med's Request
16-12-2016
Med's Done....
5-01-2017, MED submit online 10-01-2017. MED passed 12-01-2017
Interview........
Not required at this time. DECISION MADE: 27-06-2017
Passport Req..
04-07-2017, Passport to Ottawa : 04-07-2017, Passport received by Ottawa : 06-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-07-2017, Passport Dispatched by CIC: 28-07-2017, Passport frm CIC: 31-07-2017
LANDED..........
31-07-2017
Vangelis21 said:
Hello,

1) Is it ok if we send our FBI police clearance some months after our application? This is because the clearance needs at least 4 months! We cannot afford waiting for it before we submit our papers!
plz submit police clearance along with other document . As far i know its necessary{as per new checklist is concerned} to send all documents intact.

2) I know that passports are international documents but do you think that since they include our native language (non English or french) inside, we should translate them too?
yes, you need to translate your passport , notarized and from a legalized translator with affidavit.

3) Are the work reference letters obligatory for all applicants? I read in the guide and checklist that they are needed only for the principal applicant but some friends of ours that immigrated already, told us that they gathered them for each applicant.
work exp must for principal applicant . if possible add yours too { to be safe but not necessary}.

4) Is there any way that they might contact our current employers here in Greece?
They may contact by mail , phone or any medium .

5) Is there anyone in here that is also applying these days (after the changes of July 1st, 2011) to immigrate to Canada so we can talk extensively etc?
plz search forum you would some august or sept applicant

Vangelis21

Sep 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1/11/11
1) It would be better, if you have no personal experience on this or if you do not know something for sure, NOT to answer something that might (will) confuse many people trying to apply. What you said is totally wrong.

2) Where did you find this information?

3) "to be safe but not necessary" is not acceptable by the visa office. They clearly state to "NOT include any unnecessary documents"

4) you didn't understand what I asked

5) I had done that. in here, means in here (where I am posting)

PS: Thank you for trying to answer, but believe me, when an issue is as serious as this it is better not to answer when you do not have the knowledge.

Please, is any one else that surely knows the answers to my questions? (not the ones that were already answerer by nashe_31)

siddharth_pharma84

Jun 25, 2011
WINNIPEG
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
11-07-2016
Doc's Request.
none
Nomination.....
22-04-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
IELTS Request
upfront
File Transfer...
3-11-2016 to New Delhi
Med's Request
16-12-2016
Med's Done....
5-01-2017, MED submit online 10-01-2017. MED passed 12-01-2017
Interview........
Not required at this time. DECISION MADE: 27-06-2017
Passport Req..
04-07-2017, Passport to Ottawa : 04-07-2017, Passport received by Ottawa : 06-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-07-2017, Passport Dispatched by CIC: 28-07-2017, Passport frm CIC: 31-07-2017
LANDED..........
31-07-2017
Vangelis21 said:
1) It would be better, if you have no personal experience on this or if you do not know something for sure, NOT to answer something that might (will) confuse many people trying to apply. What you said is totally wrong.
PLEASE GO THROUGH FORUM BEFORE JUDGING ANY ONE

2) Where did you find this information?

3) "to be safe but not necessary" is not acceptable by the visa office. They clearly state to "NOT include any unnecessary documents"

4) you didn't understand what I asked

5) I had done that. in here, means in here (where I am posting)

PS: Thank you for trying to answer, but believe me, when an issue is as serious as this it is better not to answer when you do not have the knowledge.

Please, is any one else that surely knows the answers to my questions? (not the ones that were already answerer by nashe_31)
PLEASE DO AS U WISH . PCC SHOULD BE SEND EARLIER TO FAST TRACK YOUR PROCESS . SORRY FOR HELPING YOU OUT. EVEN IAM ARRANGING MY DOCUMENTS . GOD BLESS YOU.