+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

skilled worker SK - can I move to another province?

toms911

Sep 9, 2010
Hi,

I am a skilled worker and have a work permit for SK. I am in the process of filling out all my required forms for Permanent Residency.

I have had a very lucrative job offer in Alberta (Calgary). I assume that I cannot go anywhere until I am a permanent resident. However it won't hurt to throw that question out there for anyone that reads this and might know more than I do.

If there's anyone that has some information about this subject please respond.

Thanks!!!

Usman799

Star Member
Mar 4, 2009
Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
toms911 said:
Hi,

I am a skilled worker and have a work permit for SK. I am in the process of filling out all my required forms for Permanent Residency.

I have had a very lucrative job offer in Alberta (Calgary). I assume that I cannot go anywhere until I am a permanent resident. However it won't hurt to throw that question out there for anyone that reads this and might know more than I do.

Thanks!!!
when you got Immigration, you can go anywhere in Canada. There is No limitation on you. Being a Permanent Resident you can not cast vote or participate in the election. except these you can do anything what a Canadian can do.

JGK

Star Member
Jul 16, 2010
Vegreville, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo (File Moved to Detroit July 2011)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-09-2010
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
31-05-2010
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
01-03-2011
Med's Done....
22-03-2011
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
13-09-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2011
LANDED..........
12-10-2011
toms911 said:
Hi,

Thanks!!!
I am assuming you have an employer specific work permit which identifies your SK based employer. If you want to take up the offer from Alberta your new employer will have to get an LMO done for you and if it's +ve you can use that to get another TWP which names them as the employer. You will also have to advise immigration Canada in order to update your PR application information.

The only restriction I can see to your switching provinces is if you have provincial nomination (SINP) in Saskatchewan as part of the paperwork to get that is a declaration of your intent to reside their. This would have formed part of your PR application.

toms911

Sep 9, 2010
Thanks. Second answer was helpful.

Yes I am working now on a SK immigrant nominee program as a skilled worker. I was just curious if anyone had maybe gone through a similar experience. I guess I can try it but I am a hesitant since I don't want to jeopardize my current position.
I am in the process of filling out my PR paperwork, so that has not been submitted yet.

auhassan

Feb 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
please update here if someone got decision or approval from CIC Visa Office London under the SINP Nominee thanks for your comments and your time.