+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Skilled Worker - Simplified Application Process.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
For those of you who are applying as skilled workers, there will be a new process in place as of 01/09/06 at all offices except for Buffalo.

You should read closely the instructions at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/applications/skilled-simple.html

The main points are that you will not submit supporting documentation nor police certificates, educational certificates or any changes to family composition until requested.

It is all outlined at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/applications/process-skilled.html

PMM

JJJCAN

Jun 6, 2006
Dear PMM,

Have been through the web site. Interesting. Can you let us know what would be the effects of the change. Will it speed up the present timeline and reduce the backlog across continents? What will happen to new cases after 01/09/06, reduce timeline?

Thanks in anticipation..

RameshKumar

Feb 1, 2006
DEAR PMM,

I AM STAYING IN LIBYA AND SUBMITTED MY APPLICATION FOR PR TO PARIS VISA OFFICE AND RECEIVE AOR IN APRIL 2004. NOW ALMOST TWO YEARS THREE MONTHS PASSED AND NO RESPONSE FROM THEM.

SIMPLIFIED APPLICATION PROCESS DOES IN ANY WAY HELP TO REDUCE THE PROCESSING TIME OF ALREADY SUBMITTED APPLICATION.

IF SO DOES IT MEAN THAT WE HAVE TO SUBMIT THE APPLICATION ONCE AGAIN.

I WOULD APPRECIATE YOUR DETAILED REPLY.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

RameshKumar said:
DEAR PMM,

I AM STAYING IN LIBYA AND SUBMITTED MY APPLICATION FOR PR TO PARIS VISA OFFICE AND RECEIVE AOR IN APRIL 2004. NOW ALMOST TWO YEARS THREE MONTHS PASSED AND NO RESPONSE FROM THEM.

SIMPLIFIED APPLICATION PROCESS DOES IN ANY WAY HELP TO REDUCE THE PROCESSING TIME OF ALREADY SUBMITTED APPLICATION.

IF SO DOES IT MEAN THAT WE HAVE TO SUBMIT THE APPLICATION ONCE AGAIN.

I WOULD APPRECIATE YOUR DETAILED REPLY.
1. The SAP will not speed up the process in the waiting times, it means that there will be fewer requests for updated documents when your application reaches it's time slot.
2. If you have already applied, you don't have to do anything now, in the case where you applied in 2004, eventually the office where you applied will request updated documents, PCCs, work reference, when they are ready to do the initial assessment.
3. According to the processing times at Paris, you have another 2 years to wait for assessment. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/times-int/02a-skilled-fed.html#europe

PMM

mjd

Jul 26, 2005
Hi PMM

I applied in 2001 and was asked to submit my IELTS and updated application form in June 2006. I submitted all these things in June and now I am waiting for the interview call. I am going to get married next week. I will submit my wife's documents.

1 Should I use this simplified process or submit all the documents like police certificate, marriage certificate and her educational documents.
2 My wife did her matriculation from one place and inter from another place, while her home is at some other place. She used to live in hostels while studying. All these three places are in the same district and a same police SSP is there but police stations are different. Now please tell me whether she needs three police certificates or only one is enough?
3 How long it will delay my process?

Thanks

mjd

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

mjd said:
Hi PMM

I applied in 2001 and was asked to submit my IELTS and updated application form in June 2006. I submitted all these things in June and now I am waiting for the interview call. I am going to get married next week. I will submit my wife's documents.

1 Should I use this simplified process or submit all the documents like police certificate, marriage certificate and her educational documents.
2 My wife did her matriculation from one place and inter from another place, while her home is at some other place. She used to live in hostels while studying. All these three places are in the same district and a same police SSP is there but police stations are different. Now please tell me whether she needs three police certificates or only one is enough?

Thanks

mjd
No, you can't use the SAP to add your spouse at the stage of your application. She will have to send a complete application, with 1 Police Certificate for the country, It will add a few months onto your application.

PMM

juan bentot

Jun 20, 2006
mjd said:
Hi PMM

Thanks

mjd
MJD..... Hi, upon learning your story regarding your visa application since 2001 , but your status has gone that far makes me think twice of applying one. I'm just curious, in what canadian embassy you filed your application?

thanks

S

samiss

Recently, I passed IELTS exam and planning to apply under skilled worker category for Canada in October 2006, because, my fourth years of experience will be completed in October 2006.

I just want to know that as per new rules of “Simplified Application Process” all supporting documents will have to submit on request including IELTS result. As you know that, IELTS result valid up till two years. So if embassy request for supporting documents (including IELTS result) after two years, so IELTS result will be expired, then will I have to give IELTS paper again?

Samiss nickole