+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Skilled worker application - Working in Canada, applied to Buffalo.

shig

Apr 6, 2007
Hi all,
I'm still not so sure of how this application thing works, so if anybody can help me out, that's much appreciated.

I was just curious of how long did it take for those of whom applied to Buffalo, working in Canada, to get their PR status.

I'm from Japan, studied in Canada for 2 yrs, now working for a year.

I know it's a simple damn question, but I'd rather know by yall first than waiting for 24 months ;-)

Thanks to all!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

shig said:
Hi all,
I'm still not so sure of how this application thing works, so if anybody can help me out, that's much appreciated.

I was just curious of how long did it take for those of whom applied to Buffalo, working in Canada, to get their PR status.

I'm from Japan, studied in Canada for 2 yrs, now working for a year.

I know it's a simple damn question, but I'd rather know by yall first than waiting for 24 months ;-)

Thanks to all!

You will probably be waiting at least that long, for applications already processed at Buffalo, the average processing time was 18-31 months for 80% of the applications. see: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/times-int/02a-skilled-fed.html#west

PMM

maplecard

Apr 10, 2007
I've heard about a paradox about Canada. They say that it's harder to find IT job compared to US but then again Canada is one of the G8 countries (implies strong economy) & one of the best places to live. How is this possible?

Thanks

lrow

Star Member
Mar 16, 2010
Hi maplecard ,

I think its more to do with the fact that there are more middleman here in Canada which can slow the process most of the times.
Which in turn can make it hard to find an IT job.