+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Skilled work experience time

Madhur123

Sep 5, 2017
Hi,

Using the tool advised in this forum:

https://www.canadavisa.com/comprehensive-ranking-score-calculator.html

I encountered the following question:
How many years of full-time (30 hours per week or equivalent part-time) Skilled Work experience have you obtained OUTSIDE OF CANADA within the last 10 years?

This experience must be continuous and in the same company? My job is 40 hours a week (8h/day * 5day/week), does this help?
Hi,

Yes, this is what they are looking for. While getting reference letters from your employers, please ensure the following:

1]- Your jobs duties are detailed and are aligned with your NOC code with as much clarity as possible. (but do not copy and paste the examples in representative job duties from the IRCC website :) )
2]- Please mention the number of hrs that you work explicitly on your reference letter
3] Please include pay checks/tax documents in your additional documents and attach a letter of explanation telling IRCC about the same so that they can verify your job status
4] Please get detailed letters from all your employers for the past ten years
5] Please ensure that the letters are on company letterhead and have the phone number/ email/ fax/ website of your company
6] The letters must be signed by your HR/Manager with his/her contact details

If you get the letters in above format and include all the details you should be fine. Good Luck.

Thanks
Madhur

MaT29

Sep 12, 2021
Hello,

I have doubts about something and if someone could support me to answer this particular question properly in EE/FSWP eligibility questionnaire?
This is the question with regards to skilled work experience stated below:

"In the last 10 years, how many years of skilled work experience do you have? It must have been continuous, paid, full-time (or an equal amount in part-time), and in only one occupation."

If I have experience in one particular NOC as follows:
- May 2020 - August 2021
- Sept 2014 - Dec 2017
Total: 4 years 8 months

1. For this question, can I choose Four to Five years as my experience is within one NOC (as my primary occupation), even though it was interrupted while I was holding different occupation (different NOC) in between?
2. Can I also add this different NOC for CRS points later on and will I be granted additional points for it (other than my primary occupation NOC)?

Thank you in advance, I would very much appreciate your help!