+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Skilled Immigration timeframe at Buffalo

sajjad81

Apr 14, 2007
Hello, would anyone like to share their skilled immigration application timeline at Buffalo, NY for people in the U.S.. I have applied in December, 2006 at Buffalo and got AOR January 2007. CIC app status shows "in Process". I have seen in CIC that 30% app finalized within 18 months in Buffalo, but curious about anyone's personal experience. How long does it typically take for an interview/medical call? if anyone has some info, would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks for your help.

- Saj
Applied - Buffalo, December, 2006
AOR - January, 2007
Waiting.............

thaiguy

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2007
Vancouver
Saj - it's so frustrating not to hear anything, isn't it?

My AOR was March 2006 and I just received the request for medicals. So that's 14.5 months. I think it'll take another 2 months to finish everything - so about 16 months total.

alf

Mar 16, 2007
My application was also sent to Buffalo. My AOR date is 7/11/06, but I haven't received any further instructions.

shig

Apr 6, 2007
I'd like to know situation of people who applied to buffalo,

something like,,,
- graduated from college in canada
- post-graduate work permit, as one of the position listed as a skilled worker
- have been working for more than a year
- from Japan

well, that's mine tho, but nice to know the others' and those things affect the speed of process or not.

Cheers,

thaiguy

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2007
Vancouver
graduated from Uni in the US
7 yrs in positions listed as skilled worker
born in US

I don't think my background sped anything up. But I made sure that all of my support documents were well organized.

Libby9

Aug 17, 2007
My husband applied for PR in May 2006. We JUST received a letter requesting employment references and confirmation of funds....I'm wondering the same thing...how much longer??

mc_dub

Aug 18, 2007
AOR end of November 2006, interview waiver, proof of funds, medicals and police clearance request end of July 2007

graduated from college 1999 in Scotland, graduated from university 2003 in Scotland, 18 months work experience in UK as a tech analyst, 2 years lived in Canada, 18 months Canadian work experience

mrenecm

Aug 16, 2007
AOR received: April 2006
Initial response received: April 2007, interview waived
Medicals completed: May 2007
Requested documents (except FBI clearance) submitted: June 2007

- submission included clarification that my partner's biological son who is still in another country with his mother would accompany us to Canada

Medical forms for son received: June 2007
Medicals for child sent to Ottawa: July 5, 2007
FBI clearances submitted: August 2, 2007

We submitted a certified translated power of attorney from the child's biological mother consenting to him accompanying us to Canada.

Any thoughts whether Buffalo will delay due to the child issue? I'm hoping for turnaround in 1-2 months.

Libra

Jun 8, 2007
mrenecm said:

- submission included clarification that my partner's biological son who is still in another country with his mother would accompany us to Canada

We submitted a certified translated power of attorney from the child's biological mother consenting to him accompanying us to Canada.

Any thoughts whether Buffalo will delay due to the child issue? I'm hoping for turnaround in 1-2 months.
Buffalo has a heavy back log. If there are any "delays," it is not just because of adding the child per se.

Bear in mind that some applicants have submitted their FBI clearances to Buffalo since June 2007 and some since May 2007, but have not heard from them up till now.

atos

Aug 1, 2007
Applied at buffalo Nov 11,2006
AOR Dec 8,2006
interview waiver
Language test Waive
Police and FBI clear
Proof of fund and employment letter sent
recieved letter for Medical exam July 2007
Medical Exam done
Waiting for PR

Situation :
USA citizen
Master degrees from CA , USA
No education from Canada
Full time employemt at Toronto, Canada since 2005
Work contract expired 2010

When PR? Dont know.

mrenecm

Aug 16, 2007
mrenecm said:

Hi, everyone. Just wanted to let you know that e-CAS was modified Monday for us to reflect "Medical results have been received." I hear that this is good news but am walking on eggshells!