+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Skill transferability factors confusion with Masters Degree

kanu

Feb 26, 2015
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
So guys, just need a little confirmation. I will be giving IELTS again and try to get CBL 9 for all.

Now the question is that I have done my masters and WES have accredited as equivalent to Masters in Canada. I also have a Bachelors degree which I tried to get the transcripts from my university but till that time WES had come out with the results for my Masters only. Now when calculating points should I see my masters degree as "Post-secondary program credential of one year or longer" or "Two or more post-secondary program credentials AND at least one of these credentials was issued on completion of a post-secondary program of three years or longer".

My Bachelors degree was not accredited by WES but my Masters degree was. So do I need WES assesment for my bachelors degree separately or Masters Degree WES assesment is enough to claim "Two or more post-secondary program credentials AND at least one of these credentials was issued on completion of a post-secondary program of three years or longer."

As per : (https://www.canadavisa.com/crs-evaluate.html) it seems to automatically give me 50 points each in the Skill transferability factors, I am not sure here if it takes Bachelors is WEC assessed automatically or not.

Please suggest guys.

Bobbieleigh

Dec 11, 2015
So guys, just need a little confirmation. I will be giving IELTS again and try to get CBL 9 for all.

Now the question is that I have done my masters and WES have accredited as equivalent to Masters in Canada. I also have a Bachelors degree which I tried to get the transcripts from my university but till that time WES had come out with the results for my Masters only. Now when calculating points should I see my masters degree as "Post-secondary program credential of one year or longer" or "Two or more post-secondary program credentials AND at least one of these credentials was issued on completion of a post-secondary program of three years or longer".

My Bachelors degree was not accredited by WES but my Masters degree was. So do I need WES assesment for my bachelors degree separately or Masters Degree WES assesment is enough to claim "Two or more post-secondary program credentials AND at least one of these credentials was issued on completion of a post-secondary program of three years or longer."

As per : (https://www.canadavisa.com/crs-evaluate.html) it seems to automatically give me 50 points each in the Skill transferability factors, I am not sure here if it takes Bachelors is WEC assessed automatically or not.

Please suggest guys.
Your Masters was assessed as equal to Masters in Canada so you can't claim points for "two or more...", you claim points for master's degree only.
It doesn't matter how many degrees you have in your home country, you always go with what it says on your ECA report.

kanu

Feb 26, 2015
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
So to claim "two or more..." for maximum points should I get my bachelors degree also assessed by WES?
What needs to be done to to claim "two or more...", my Bachelors degree is a 3 year correspondence course, for which I have received sealed transcripts from my university.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hi,

The Masters degree is higher that the "two or more..." so just having your Masters degree is enough to get maximum points. Just select Masters degree.

"Points for Skill Transferability Factors
Combination of level of education and official language proficiency
(1) The points that may be assigned for a combination of the level of education of a foreign national and their proficiency in their first official language, according to their benchmark level as assessed in that language under the Canadian Language Benchmarks or the Niveaux de compétence linguistique canadiens, are the following:

• (a) 0 points, if the foreign national has a secondary school credential, regardless of their proficiency in their first official language;
  • (b) 13 points, if the foreign national has a post-secondary program credential of one or more years and their proficiency in their first official language is assessed at level 7 or higher in all language skill areas, with one or more areas assessed at less than level 9;
  • (c) 25 points, if the foreign national has a post-secondary program credential of one or more years and their proficiency in their first official language is assessed at level 9 or higher in all language skill areas;
  • (d) 25 points, if the foreign national’s proficiency in their first official language is assessed at level 7 or higher in all language skill areas, with one or more areas assessed at less than level 9 and they have
    • (i) two or more post-secondary program credentials, one of which was issued on completion of a post-secondary program of three years or more,
    • (ii) a university-level credential at the master’s level or at the level of an entry-to-practice professional degree for an occupation listed in the National Occupational Classification matrix at Skill Level A for which licensing by a provincial regulatory body is required, or
    • (iii) a university-level credential at the doctoral level; and
  • (e) 50 points, if the foreign national’s proficiency in their first official language is assessed at level 9 or higher in all language skill areas and they have
    • (i) two or more post-secondary program credentials, one of which was issued on completion of a post-secondary program of three years or more,
    • (ii) a university-level credential at the master’s level or at the level of an entry-to-practice professional degree for an occupation listed in the National Occupational Classification matrix at Skill Level A for which licensing by a provincial regulatory body is required, or
    • (iii) a university-level credential at the doctoral level."
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/mi/express-entry.asp

regards

Reactions: kanu

kanu

Feb 26, 2015
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Your Masters was assessed as equal to Masters in Canada so you can't claim points for "two or more...", you claim points for master's degree only.
It doesn't matter how many degrees you have in your home country, you always go with what it says on your ECA report.
I guess @TanakaM made it clear, I will get 50 points as Masters is higher than "Two or more post-secondary program credentials AND at least one of these credentials was issued on completion of a post-secondary program of three years or longer."

Hi,

The Masters degree is higher that the "two or more..." so just having your Masters degree is enough to get maximum points. Just select Masters degree.

"Points for Skill Transferability Factors
Combination of level of education and official language proficiency
(1) The points that may be assigned for a combination of the level of education of a foreign national and their proficiency in their first official language, according to their benchmark level as assessed in that language under the Canadian Language Benchmarks or the Niveaux de compétence linguistique canadiens, are the following:

• (e) 50 points, if the foreign national’s proficiency in their first official language is assessed at level 9 or higher in all language skill areas and they have
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/mi/express-entry.asp

regards
I guess the above underlined point is what will give me the full 50 points if I get CBL 9+ IELTS. Great man, thanks for clearing the confusion.

Respect

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
I guess @TanakaM made it clear, I will get 50 points as Masters is higher than "Two or more post-secondary program credentials AND at least one of these credentials was issued on completion of a post-secondary program of three years or longer."

I guess the above underlined point is what will give me the full 50 points if I get CBL 9+ IELTS. Great man, thanks for clearing the confusion.

Respect
Cool. All the best

Reactions: jabbar929 and kanu

jabbar929

Nov 27, 2017
@kanu @TanakaM @Rakeshjogi
Please clarify the doubt:-
I have finished my B.SC (MATHEMATICS) 2009

I am creating an account with WES for ECA. Entering the details-> My Application->Your Education-> Name of Diploma/ Certificate

From the drop down list, which option should be selected (Bachelor in Animation & Multimedia Technology,Bachelor In Media Science, Bachelor of Laws etc........) these types are not related to my BSC MATHEMATICS. Only 10 Bachelor Degree are displaying. Degree in BSC Mathematics is not displaying.

Please advise which option to choose & why.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Abdul Jabbar

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
@kanu @TanakaM @Rakeshjogi
Please clarify the doubt:-
I have finished my B.SC (MATHEMATICS) 2009

I am creating an account with WES for ECA. Entering the details-> My Application->Your Education-> Name of Diploma/ Certificate

From the drop down list, which option should be selected (Bachelor in Animation & Multimedia Technology,Bachelor In Media Science, Bachelor of Laws etc........) these types are not related to my BSC MATHEMATICS. Only 10 Bachelor Degree are displaying. Degree in BSC Mathematics is not displaying.

Please advise which option to choose & why.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Abdul Jabbar
Hi,

I'm sure there is an option that says "other". Check and confirm.

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
No @TanakaM there is no "other" option. only 10 Bachelors are listed & what about Bachelors in Commerce (B.COM) is also not listed.

Please can you recheck WES page and kindly advice.

Thank you
BsC means bachelor of science, is that an option?

kanu

Feb 26, 2015
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AFAIK atleast B.COM was there when I had submitted the request. But I have done that in 2014 so I may not remember correctly. Seniors can help here.

saurabh2004

Star Member
Aug 29, 2017
Hi Friends, I am having a masters degree with 5 years foreign experience. Can i claim points under 'Skill Transferability Factors". kindly advise...