+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Size issue while uploading documents after ITA, portal only allow 4 MB

prishah

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Those who received ITA and uploading documents or already submitted docs , please give suggestions.

Hello guys,

I want to know , is there somebody here having trouble to upload large file like more than 4 MB size.
They have restriction to only upload about 4 MB file size. How you guys deal with this situation ? Plz let's have figure out together.

cheers!

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry FSW Outlander
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
prishah said:
Those who received ITA and uploading documents or already submitted docs , please give suggestions.

Hello guys,

I want to know , is there somebody here having trouble to upload large file like more than 4 MB size.
They have restriction to only upload about 4 MB file size. How you guys deal with this situation ? Plz let's have figure out together.

cheers!
Compress the PDFs...There are many websites that do that for free...just google.

OR

In PDF Acrobat Pro go to file 'Save as other' and 'Reduced file size' that will compress your pdf (by reducing dpi)

haznac

Jan 29, 2015
Izmir, Turkey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What if I ended up with a 50-page PDF file for proving my work experience (self-employed with tens of reference letters+tax certificate+bank statements etc.) and downsizing is not enough to shrink the file below 4MB?

mdotk

Star Member
Sep 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
do you have a scanned page/pages with a very large size ?

If yes, try to reduce the size of this individual image first, then combine all pages together again then compress.

Hope this could help.

Kumarp

Star Member
Dec 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2015
AOR Received.
28-11-2015
Med's Done....
16-12-2015 Passed
haznac said:
What if I ended up with a 50-page PDF file for proving my work experience (self-employed with tens of reference letters+tax certificate+bank statements etc.) and downsizing is not enough to shrink the file below 4MB?
Well it depends on what you have in the pdfs. If it's plain text, then you can have more than 500 pages under 4MB, but if it contains a lot of pics or graphics, then best bet is to resize the pics, convert them to pdfs and then compress the pdf.

I am not sure how many years worth of tax and bank statements you have, but as long as I know you shouldn't need much. Check with senior members if you really need that many years worth of statements.

haznac

Jan 29, 2015
Izmir, Turkey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kumarp said:
Well it depends on what you have in the pdfs. If it's plain text, then you can have more than 500 pages under 4MB, but if it contains a lot of pics or graphics, then best bet is to resize the pics, convert them to pdfs and then compress the pdf.

I am not sure how many years worth of tax and bank statements you have, but as long as I know you shouldn't need much. Check with senior members if you really need that many years worth of statements.
Thanks! :)

th1nk1n

Jan 29, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mumbai
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2015
LANDED..........
01-06-2016
haznac said:
Buddy, It is obvious the pdfs have the documents in scanned form, which is why they are exceeding 4 mb.

What you want to do is to save the each page as a pic in Jpeg format. then turn them back into pdfs thru word or any other such process.
This should help in reducing size without compromising on the quality of the images in the pdfs.

haznac

Jan 29, 2015
Izmir, Turkey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
th1nk1n said:
Buddy, It is obvious the pdfs have the documents in scanned form, which is why they are exceeding 4 mb.

What you want to do is to save the each page as a pic in Jpeg format. then turn them back into pdfs thru word or any other such process.
This should help in reducing size without compromising on the quality of the images in the pdfs.
th1nk1n, I came here to say that it didn't work; my documents were still above 10MBs let alone 4MB, despite I compressed them like hell with Acrobat Pro. And I came across your suggestion. Trying it right away!

haznac

Jan 29, 2015
Izmir, Turkey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nope, it doesn't work... I reduced image size and resolution to a point that the wording is barely legible, but it is still 190KB per page... Don't know what to do. Why would you set a limit as low as 4MB?! Incredible!

vivekforbes

Feb 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
haznac said:
Nope, it doesn't work... I reduced image size and resolution to a point that the wording is barely legible, but it is still 190KB per page... Don't know what to do. Why would you set a limit as low as 4MB?! Incredible!
Try smallpdf.

rahul0920

Star Member
Feb 5, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2015
Doc's Request.
12-03-2016; 16-03-2016
Nomination.....
27-01-2016
AOR Received.
10-03-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
30-03-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
16-03-2016
Interview........
Not needed at this time
Passport Req..
07-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-09-2016
You may also try to print the scanned documents (using adobe acrobat pro) by selecting the lowest dpi (72 or 144). However, lower the dpi = lower quality of the scanned images/documents..! If you also try and change the color option to grayscale (B/W).. will let you save MBs (not sure if grayscale is acceptable).

haznac

Jan 29, 2015
Izmir, Turkey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rahul0920 said:
You may also try to print the scanned documents (using adobe acrobat pro) by selecting the lowest dpi (72 or 144). However, lower the dpi = lower quality of the scanned images/documents..! If you also try and change the color option to grayscale (B/W).. will let you save MBs (not sure if grayscale is acceptable).
I may try this, but I am not sure it will work... I have already tried the following:

1- Reduce size with Acrobat Pro
2- Reduce size with online tools
3- Open with Photoshop, reduce image size and resolution.

Not cutting it for me... Maybe I should write to CIC and ask their opinion? Does anybody know the email to contact them?

haznac

Jan 29, 2015
Izmir, Turkey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do you think it would be fine if I uploaded large size PDFs on GoogleDocs and provide links in the PDF that I upload to e-Application?