+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sister's visitor visa rejected twice

khushboo26

Mar 15, 2023
She has been a beautician in India since 10 years now and has saved enough money to manage her expenses in Canada.She has her parents living in India,plus her employment,plus her doctors and her medicines in India.Aren't all these strong ties? Appreciate your reply

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
She has been a beautician in India since 10 years now and has saved enough money to manage her expenses in Canada.She has her parents living in India,plus her employment,plus her doctors and her medicines in India.Aren't all these strong ties? Appreciate your reply
if her parents are her, along with her sibling, she no longer has strong ties to her home country.

khushboo26

Mar 15, 2023
But what if we say that her parents will be in India along with her sibling and she is travelling alone to visit me here for 3 weeks and will be goin back to her family in India? Also we are planning for her to get married in India this year and we can add her wedding card in her application,will that increase her chances of getting approved?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
But what if we say that her parents will be in India along with her sibling and she is travelling alone to visit me here for 3 weeks and will be goin back to her family in India? Also we are planning for her to get married in India this year and we can add her wedding card in her application,will that increase her chances of getting approved?
Siblings and parents are not a tie if she is over 22. If not married, she has no family ties. You can include wedding card but given she is single/no family ties then may not increase her chances. How is she dependant on parents due to medical issues but now has a job and getting married.

Last edited:
Reactions: Buletruck

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I'm not sure it makes sense to say that she is completely dependent on your parents on the one hand and then on the other hand to say she is getting married. I would make sure the application makes sense from that perspective and doesn't mix messages.

khushboo26

Mar 15, 2023
Siblings and parents are not a tie if she is over 22. If not married, she has no family ties. You can include wedding card but given she is single/no family ties then may not increase her chances. How is she dependant on parents due to medical issues but now has a job and getting married.
Since she has a history of epilepsy we are concerned and cannot let her fly alone.Although her epilepsy is under control,there is always one person checking on her all the time.In this way she is dependent on her parents.

khushboo26

Mar 15, 2023
Since she has a history of epilepsy we are concerned and cannot let her fly alone.Although her epilepsy is under control,there is always one person checking on her all the time.In this way she is dependent on her parents.
Is there any way that her visa gets approved? What else can I add to make her application stronger? Please help

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
May be after she worked longer and got married. Then she will have family tie in India (her husband).

khushboo26

Mar 15, 2023
We had applied for my father in law's visitor visa in 2020.We got a reply in Feb 2023 saying that it has been rejected and the reason being that he has no strong ties which is weird as his wife and his elder son live in India and he has no intention of settling here.He just wants to visit us and go back.He has no property in his name.We are not showing any funds in his name as he is retired and it is completely sponsored by my husband and we are showing 25000$ in my husband's account.My mother in law already has a visitor visa and she wishes to travel with my father in law.Please suggest what else needs to be done to increase his chances of getting accepted 2nd time.Thank you:)

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
We had applied for my father in law's visitor visa in 2020.We got a reply in Feb 2023 saying that it has been rejected and the reason being that he has no strong ties which is weird as his wife and his elder son live in India and he has no intention of settling here.He just wants to visit us and go back.He has no property in his name.We are not showing any funds in his name as he is retired and it is completely sponsored by my husband and we are showing 25000$ in my husband's account.My mother in law already has a visitor visa and she wishes to travel with my father in law.Please suggest what else needs to be done to increase his chances of getting accepted 2nd time.Thank you:)
So he doesn’t have ties if the mother in law has a visitor visa or am I reading that incorrectly. A son is not a tie unless son is under 22 or a minor. Since he has no funds to show and you meet LICO then consider a supervisa.

Reactions: khushboo26

khushboo26

Mar 15, 2023
If we show funds in his name does that increase his chances of getting the visa approved? Please and Thank you

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
If we show funds in his name does that increase his chances of getting the visa approved? Please and Thank you
So he has funds? If you are transferring funds into his account then it must be documented where the money came from. It can raise red flags with IRCC if he didn’t earn the funds.