+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sister's visitor visa rejected twice

khushboo26

Mar 15, 2023
Hi,My sister's visitor visa got rejected twice reason being she does not have strong ties with her home country.She has a medical history(epilepsy)due to which she is completely dependent on my parents.My parents have a visitor visa but they cannot visit me without my sister.Is medical reason not enough for my sister to get her visitor visa? She has a doctor in India whom she is been visiting since childhood.She will visit Canada with my parents and go back to India with them.Why will she live here if her parents and her doctors are in India?Can anyone please help

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,My sister's visitor visa got rejected twice reason being she does not have strong ties with her home country.She has a medical history(epilepsy)due to which she is completely dependent on my parents.My parents have a visitor visa but they cannot visit me without my sister.Is medical reason not enough for my sister to get her visitor visa? She has a doctor in India whom she is been visiting since childhood.She will visit Canada with my parents and go back to India with them.Why will she live here if her parents and her doctors are in India?Can anyone please help
The medical reason is not enough.

She does need to demonstrate ties of some kind. What did she show in the two refused applications for ties?

Reactions: khushboo26

khushboo26

Mar 15, 2023

She does need to demonstrate ties of some kind. What did she show in the two refused applications for ties?

Thank you for your reply.She does not have any property in her name and is financially dependent on my parents.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you for your reply.She does not have any property in her name and is financially dependent on my parents.
Right, but did you show any ties at all? Like medical appointments? Or does she attend any special classes? What does she do in all of her spare time?

khushboo26

Mar 15, 2023
Right, but did you show any ties at all? Like medical appointments? Or does she attend any special classes? What does she do in all of her spare time?
She has her doctor in India who she has been seeing since childhood.Also she has started a new job since last 3 months and is also a part time beautician.

khushboo26

Mar 15, 2023
The person who is helping us with the visa applications has suggested us to apply for US visa now.But is it possible for her to get the US visa considering her 2 Canada visa rejections?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
She has her doctor in India who she has been seeing since childhood.Also she has started a new job since last 3 months and is also a part time beautician.
If you can, I would wait another three months until she has worked in six months and maybe has some of her own savings and then reapply.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You are saying that she needs tot travel with your parents for medical reasons but it does seem like your sister is able to work and n
It dependent on your parents 24/7. Do you have family members who she can stay with overnight or she can stay with if there is concerns overnight? How well is her epilepsy controlled? If it isn’t controlled that creates another issue. There will be concern that she will need medical care while in Canada. Proof from her physician that her epilepsy is well controlled and that she has been seizure free for a long period of time would be something to include in her application. Has your sister travelled to other locations?

khushboo26

Mar 15, 2023
Hi,Thank you for your reply.Her seizures are well controlled since 3 years now but we don't want her to travel without my parents or my parents travelling without her.There is nobody in the family other than me or my parents that will look after her and no she has not travelled anywhere outside of India.

khushboo26

Mar 15, 2023
Is a letter from her doctor saying that she has been seizure free since 3 years now and a letter from her employer saying that she has to return to work in 3 weeks enough for her visitor visa application?Also she has her doctor in India who is well aware of her medical history and all the medicines that she has been eating for her seizures are all available only in India so she has to go back.Isn't this be considered as enough ties for her to go back to her home country.I'll appreciate your reply

Jets13

Dec 12, 2016
Is a letter from her doctor saying that she has been seizure free since 3 years now and a letter from her employer saying that she has to return to work in 3 weeks enough for her visitor visa application?Also she has her doctor in India who is well aware of her medical history and all the medicines that she has been eating for her seizures are all available only in India so she has to go back.Isn't this be considered as enough ties for her to go back to her home country.I'll appreciate your reply
not sure they will believe that her medicine is only available in India and there is no treatment in Canada.

Reactions: canuck78

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
If she has a letter from her doctor saying that she has been seizure free since 3 years now and a letter from her employer saying that she has to return to work in 3 weeks enough for her visitor visa application?Also she has her doctor in India who is well aware of her medical history and all the medicines that she has been eating for her seizures are all available only in India so she has to go back.Isn't this be considered as enough ties for her to go back to her home country.I'll appreciate your reply
If her seizures are well controlled there is no actual reason why she needs to travel with your parents it is a preference. A letter from her doctor stating she has been seizure free for 3 years will reinforce that she is not a risk to the healthcare system. The fact that her seizures are well controlled also means that your sister doesn’t need to be with your parents or supervised by others 24/7. She can try to create stronger ties and save more money but she may not get approved for a TRV right now it could take time. Whether your parents chose to travel with or without your sister also comes down to personal choice.