+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sister's visit visa

sachin dabra

Mar 27, 2019
Do be careful not to make such typos when you prepare their applications. It can give the wrong impression for their visa apps :)

Nonetheless, the property value is low even if it is INR 4 million. Anyways.

Do they have a mortgage? Or is it an inherited property?

IMO, your sister does not have a strong visa application profile as she is a student of the second year of B.Com.

You may want to consider applying only for your parents by showing your sister as the family tie to return to. Your parents would need to prove they have strong ties + a good financial situation (any pension, FDs, shares/stocks, LIC?) + 2-3 compelling reasons to return to India after their visit. Also, their visit must be for 3-4 weeks max
My dad is the power of Attorney for the property ( Co owner ) with my Aunt for the property, they do have LIC, and i have two sister , I was thinking 1 sister can be in India to prove the ties to come back but at the same time, I don't want to affect the file of my parents for younger sister to join with them, however I am financially capable to afford the visit of all three, So you think I should only go for my parents visa at this point and the sister's visa we can file later ?

What if I take a chance and apply for all 3 online, will the visa officer refuses the sister's visa and approve the parents, is this a possibility ?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
My dad is the power of Attorney for the property ( Co owner ) with my Aunt for the property, they do have LIC, and i have two sister , I was thinking 1 sister can be in India to prove the ties to come back but at the same time, I don't want to affect the file of my parents for younger sister to join with them, however I am financially capable to afford the visit of all three, So you think I should only go for my parents visa at this point and the sister's visa we can file later ?

What if I take a chance and apply for all 3 online, will the visa officer refuses the sister's visa and approve the parents, is this a possibility ?
Quite honestly again, your parents do NOT have strong visa applications.... whether or not your sister applies with them.

1. Does your aunt also live in India? Your dad is not the owner of the property. This means the property is not a reason for him to return to India.

2. LIC is a locked-in fund. It can be included for their overall financial situation but not for their funds available for their visit.

3. Your financial situation is not relevant.

4. Leave aside finances, your parents don't have any ties to India: They are not employed, no income nor savings, no property or land, they are financially dependent on you, no travel history (I assume), etc.

IMO, your parents must defer their visit plans until they can establish stronger ties and finances to India. It's your decision of course to apply

dh_shah

Sep 17, 2019
@Bryanna

I have just completed my MBA in Montreal. And my convocation ceremony is on November 18th, 2019. I want to invite my sister and her husband to my convocation. My sister started working in 2016 and my brother-in-law started working in 2013. They will sponsor themselves for their visit. What are the chances for the visa? If you need any additional information, please let me know.

She filled the questionnaire for my her visa application. She has the following doubts:

1. What document should she submit as the proof of relationship with me as I am inviting her?

Thanks in advance.

A1495

Star Member
Nov 18, 2019
I would like to apply for my sister visior visa. Me and My husband, we both are PR in Canada. My husband has good settled job. I am currently working part time.

Information about sister;
1. She is currenly pursuing her MBBS in Tbilisi, Georgia, Europe.
2. She is 23 years old.

Any one suggest, Is it ok file application?