+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sister's student visa got rejected - Need some advice

saadt

Star Member
Mar 1, 2012
Hello Everyone,

My sister applied for Student visa from Pakistan and it was rejected because the visa officer wasn't satisfied with the purpose of studies and wasn't convinced that she will return after the completion of her studies.

She has done her ACCA and she applied to Sheridan college business administration accounting degree (4 years) program

All her documents were complete. We even paid the whole year college fees.

Doesn't make sense why they would reject it. Any advice? Can we re-apply?

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
saadt said:
Hello Everyone,

My sister applied for Student visa from Pakistan and it was rejected because the visa officer wasn't satisfied with the purpose of studies and wasn't convinced that she will return after the completion of her studies.

She has done her ACCA and she applied to Sheridan college business administration accounting degree (4 years) program

So, does she have a university degree in Accounting prior to ACCA? If she has, going to college is considered a downgrade to her credentials. A university grad is expected to go for higher studies (i.e. Masters) or at least post-grad diploma.

saadt

Star Member
Mar 1, 2012
Would really appreciate if someone could provide more information. Like was it rejected because ACCA is considered equivalent to a degree? So what if we register her in post graduate certificates instead?

trxter41

Star Member
Oct 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2014
AOR Received.
25-02-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
04-03-2015
Med's Done....
12-03-2015
Passport Req..
06-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2015
LANDED..........
30-07-2015
saadt said:
Hello Everyone,

hello. did you entertain the possibility that she night be qualified for the express entry program?
does she have work experience in the accounting field?

saadt

Star Member
Mar 1, 2012
express entry program.....u mean immigration?

She does have experience but i don't think it is enough to fulfill the requirements

We are planning to apply again but this time instead of applying to 4 years degree, we will apply to post graduate certificate program. that might make a difference

kriskris

Star Member
Apr 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2015
AOR Received.
28-04-2015
File Transfer...
15-05-2015, IP Since 08-28-2015
Med's Request
07-01-2016
Med's Done....
Initial 15-01-2015, Re-medical on 11-01-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
19-02-2016
Did she specify about you in her visa application ?

kriskris

Star Member
Apr 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2015
AOR Received.
28-04-2015
File Transfer...
15-05-2015, IP Since 08-28-2015
Med's Request
07-01-2016
Med's Done....
Initial 15-01-2015, Re-medical on 11-01-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
19-02-2016
I think that is the root cause as visa officer was not satisfied that she will return back.

aarzoo

Star Member
Jun 24, 2015
@Sadat, ACCA is equivalent to masters degree in Pakistan, so it was kind of downgrade, second people on this forum are also talking that financing from Canada weaken the application, although, my financier is also in Canada and have no other choice, is there any one on the forum who got study permit on the basis of Canadian financier, please share your experience, thanks.

aarzoo

Star Member
Jun 24, 2015
its shocking, but I came across some cases in which visa officer remarked why you are applying to college after doing bachelor from university in your own country, although, the course applied to is post graduate certificate/diploma and requires bachelor as prerequisite. I have also applied to post grad certificate after bachelor therefore concerned.

saadt

Star Member
Mar 1, 2012
aarzoo said:
@ Sadat, ACCA is equivalent to masters degree in Pakistan, so it was kind of downgrade, second people on this forum are also talking that financing from Canada weaken the application, although, my financier is also in Canada and have no other choice, is there any one on the forum who got study permit on the basis of Canadian financier, please share your experience, thanks.
we had finance from both Canada and Pakistan. In fact 80% financing was through my father in Pakistan. I just sent a letter saying that i will be responsible for her boarding and lodging

We will definitely re-apply again but i am just thinking what should we do differently this time..........i know applying to post graduate certificate instead of 4 years degree is one......what else?

Maybe get her a job letter from a company in Pakistan which says she will work with us after the completion of her studies?

thanks!

HARSH131010190

Star Member
Aug 28, 2015
you should not show your finance from canada...because it indicates her strong tie up to canada .and thats why visa officer is not convinced that she will go back pkistan after finishing her program....

you should show strong tie up to your home country....not in canada...this is very very big nagative point...

aarzoo

Star Member
Jun 24, 2015
has your sister done Bsc from oxford Brookes university, with good gpa then you may try for MBA in a university. (also with good ielts). I have done Bsc but my gpa is not worth university therefore trying for college.

saadt

Star Member
Mar 1, 2012
aarzoo said:
has your sister done Bsc from oxford Brookes university, with good gpa then you may try for MBA in a university. (also with good ielts). I have done Bsc but my gpa is not worth university therefore trying for college.
No she hasn't done Oxford brookes and we cannot afford university fees....that's why we are going for college cause it's cheaper