+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sister Visitor Visa rejected

indian5911

Star Member
Nov 4, 2014
I was inviting my sister for visitor visa with her 2 years old daughter. but it was rejected due to reason purpose of visit and travel history.we were inviting her on occasion of birth of our first child due in november.

1. she is government employee in india and also have very good financial support.

what should I do. should I hire lawyer.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
How long a trip did she request? What proof of ties to her home country did she show? Does she have any previous travel to countries requiring visas such as the UK or US?

indian5911

Star Member
Nov 4, 2014
How long a trip did she request? What proof of ties to her home country did she show? Does she have any previous travel to countries requiring visas such as the UK or US?
50 days for my wife's pregnancy. she has government job,property and husband in India. she never been to any country in her whole life time.

in purpose of travel i mentioned following.
1. letter to help my wife during her pregnancy.
2. mother's death certificate.
3. doctor's letter confirming pregnancy and need someone during pregnancy.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
50 days for my wife's pregnancy. she has government job,property and husband in India. she never been to any country in her whole life time.

in purpose of travel i mentioned following.
1. letter to help my wife during her pregnancy.
2. mother's death certificate.
3. doctor's letter confirming pregnancy and need someone during pregnancy.
50 days is far too long. That certainly contributed to the application being refused. If she has never traveled, she should have requested a 2-3 week trip at most. A 50 day trip demonstrates she has weak ties to her home country.

I'm not sure why you included your mother's death certificate. This wasn't of any value.

The letter to help your wife during her pregnancy and the doctor's letter likely harmed the application. IRCC often classifies this as working without authorization and it would have made them even more concerned that she had plans to remain in Canada long term.

Exactly what documents did she include to show ties to her home country? These are the most important documents to provide.

She doesn't need a lawyer. She needs to put together a better / stronger application and shorten her trip significantly.

Reactions: bellaluna

indian5911

Star Member
Nov 4, 2014
50 days is far too long. That certainly contributed to the application being refused. If she has never traveled, she should have requested a 2-3 week trip at most. A 50 day trip demonstrates she has weak ties to her home country.

I'm not sure why you included your mother's death certificate. This wasn't of any value.

The letter to help your wife during her pregnancy and the doctor's letter likely harmed the application. IRCC often classifies this as working without authorization and it would have made them even more concerned that she had plans to remain in Canada long term.

Exactly what documents did she include to show ties to her home country? These are the most important documents to provide.

She doesn't need a lawyer. She needs to put together a better / stronger application and shorten her trip significantly.
Hi Scylla,
what should I do now.

1. apply again with 2 weeks sightseeing.
2.can she take her daughter with her.
3. what should do this time time with purpose of travel.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi Scylla,
what should I do now.

Once again, you need to explain what specific documents you included in the application the first time to show proof of ties. What evidence did you include to show she is employed? Payslips? A letter from her employer confirming her leave period? How much did she show in funds available for the trip? What evidence of property or other ties she show?

To answer your questions, she can say that she is coming for the birth of the child. However she should limit the trip to 2-3 weeks and not say that she is coming to help. Leaving her daughter behind will strengthen her ties to her home country and increase the chances of approval. However if she wants to, she can certainly try applying with her daughter again.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
To add to the advice that scylla has given....

This will immediately raise a red flag as the purpose of visit is different by 180 degrees. Her first application has already done the damage. You wouldn't want to add to that damage.

She must not apply for her daughter.

IMO:
1. Do not reapply so soon.

2. Reapply around October, but factor in any India holidays around that time for TRV processing.

3. A government job is not a compelling reason to return to India as someone can happily extend their leave ad infinitum/ go on unauthorized leave and it won't make much of a difference to that department.

4. Or, you could consider applying for another female relative without making the same mistakes of stating your wife's pregnancy or a doctor's letter + a short visit of 2-3 weeks max