+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sister visa rejected

Sam Sh

Star Member
Apr 30, 2019
Category........
FSW
Guys this is the second time my sister's visitor visa gets rejected. The first time was in 2019. She owns a house, has a full time job, bank statements + job letter provided but still got rejected.
Reasons:
Family ties
purpose of travel
--
She provided what required for purpose of travel (ticket).
How is someone supposed to meet his/her siblings if they're not already in Canada? People get invitation from their Canadian family members and all we wanted was to meet our sister! Some people can invite friends, neighbours and other family members, but we can't even invite our sister!
How can I solve this particular problem? Family Ties !

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Guys this is the second time my sister's visitor visa gets rejected. The first time was in 2019. She owns a house, has a full time job, bank statements + job letter provided but still got rejected.
Reasons:
Family ties
purpose of travel
--
She provided what required for purpose of travel (ticket).
How is someone supposed to meet his/her siblings if they're not already in Canada? People get invitation from their Canadian family members and all we wanted was to meet our sister! Some people can invite friends, neighbours and other family members, but we can't even invite our sister!
How can I solve this particular problem? Family Ties !
Sorry for the refusal. Does she live in her home country? Is she single? Do your parents or any siblings live near her? How long have you been PR? How long of a visit did she request with amount of funds? Does she have travel history to the UK, US, AUS or NZ.

Last edited:

Sam Sh

Star Member
Apr 30, 2019
Category........
FSW
Sorry for the refusal. Does she live in her home country? Is she single? How long of a visit did she request with amount of funds? Does she have travel history to the UK, US, AUS or NZ.
She lives in her home country.
single
we applied 2 weeks ago.
No travel to these country.

The thing is we are all immigrants. legal citizens with decent jobs. If we were citizens of these great countries why would we immigrate?
She wanted to be here for six months (maximum allowed for a visitor) because it's not worth it to stay here for less than this period! she has 20k CAD and wanted to stay with us at our place. Should someone just get married in order to visit her siblings? They didn't even mention travel history is the problem (although they did in her pervious application).
Few years ago, she wanted to study here and got rejected even with an offer letter! Now, she can't even visit us! This is terrible! Someone wants to visit her family and gets rejected. We all know that there are many illegal immigrants here and I have no problem with them, but why do they reject someone who's family are here legally. I don't even want to invite someone else, I just want to see my sister.
Please let me know what I can do.

Reactions: inder13

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
She lives in her home country.
single
we applied 2 weeks ago.
No travel to these country.

The thing is we are all immigrants. legal citizens with decent jobs. If we were citizens of these great countries why would we immigrate?
She wanted to be here for six months (maximum allowed for a visitor) because it's not worth it to stay here for less than this period! she has 20k CAD and wanted to stay with us at our place. Should someone just get married in order to visit her siblings? They didn't even mention travel history is the problem (although they did in her pervious application).
Few years ago, she wanted to study here and got rejected even with an offer letter! Now, she can't even visit us! This is terrible! Someone wants to visit her family and gets rejected. We all know that there are many illegal immigrants here and I have no problem with them, but why do they reject someone who's family are here legally. I don't even want to invite someone else, I just want to see my sister.
Please let me know what I can do.
Purpose of visit can mean many things (funds, travel, ties) so order GCMS notes. A 6 month visit with only $20k is too low, and if that is all her liquid savings then she is spending it all to come to Canada. She should have requested a 3-4 week visit. So is all her family in Canada because you seem to state that? Again does she live near your parents or siblings. She may not want to apply for some time now given she has two visitor visa refusals as well study permit refusal.

Sam Sh

Star Member
Apr 30, 2019
Category........
FSW
Purpose of visit can mean many things (funds, travel, ties) so order GCMS notes. A 6 month visit with only $20k is too low, and if that is all her liquid savings then she is spending it all to come to Canada. She should have requested a 3-4 week visit. So is all her family in Canada because you seem to state that? Again does she live near your parents or siblings. She may not want to apply for some time now given she has two visitor visa refusals as well study permit refusal.
She waited since 2019!
My parents are here but visitors. They have visited before and left. Since my sister is pregnant we wanted someone to be with here once my parent leave.
I wish i have mentiones that she would stay for a month rather than being honest!
Please tell me what can I do? This visitor thing has become a lottery in Canada!
When can I reapply and what situation should I improve to increase her chance. I just wanted to see all my family together at least for a month before my parents leave.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
She waited since 2019!
My parents are here but visitors. They have visited before and left. Since my sister is pregnant we wanted someone to be with here once my parent leave.
I wish i have mentiones that she would stay for a month rather than being honest!
Please tell me what can I do? This visitor thing has become a lottery in Canada!
When can I reapply and what situation should I improve to increase her chance. I just wanted to see all my family together at least for a month before my parents leave.
So all her family is in Canada now? Your parents are in Canada as visitors and her siblings live in Canada? Did you mention your sister’s pregnancy…hope not. Also how can her employer have given her 6 months off? That would look strange to VOs.

She needs to request a visit fo 3-4 weeks (CBSA determines how long she can stay when entering). She needs to show bank accounts, job letter with 3-4 week vacation, houses, investments. Her biggest issue is that she has no reason to return home if all her family is in Canada. She may want to wait until your parents come back and then apply and show ties that way.

Reactions: Sam Sh

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
She waited since 2019!
Are the parents in the process of securing PR? 6 months is a very long visit and essentially counteracts any ties she has shown to her home country? Most employers don’t allow you to take 6 months off. If she is renting she may also leave her home and put her stuff in storage. What is her citizenship? Based on your posts it seems as though she may be the only close family member remaining in the home country. Both the fact that she applied for a study permit indicates that she wanted to remain in Canada for a longer period.

Reactions: Sam Sh

Sam Sh

Star Member
Apr 30, 2019
Category........
FSW
So all her family is in Canada now? Your parents are in Canada as visitors and her siblings live in Canada? Did you mention your sister’s pregnancy…hope not. Also how can her employer have given her 6 months off? That would look strange to VOs.

She needs to request a visit fo 3-4 weeks (CBSA determines how long she can stay when entering). She needs to show bank accounts, job letter with 3-4 week vacation, houses, investments. Her biggest issue is that she has no reason to return home if all her family is in Canada. She may want to wait until your parents come back and then apply and show ties that way.
Thanks buddy. I'll try my best. Hopefully, she get to visit us one day!

Sam Sh

Star Member
Apr 30, 2019
Category........
FSW
Are the parents in the process of securing PR? 6 months is a very long visit and essentially counteracts any ties she has shown to her home country? Most employers don’t allow you to take 6 months off. If she is renting she may also leave her home and put her stuff in storage. What is her citizenship? Based on your posts it seems as though she may be the only close family member remaining in the home country. Both the fact that she applied for a study permit indicates that she wanted to remain in Canada for a longer period.
She wanted to study years ago. That should be a problem. Student visa is a legal process. I guess this is sort of double standard when it comes to middle eastern countries. She is Iranian. My mother had visited us 3 years ago and left Canada. She is now here again to help my sister with her newborn. They should really check applicants background. Why would my sister stay here forever when she has a property back home? They rejected her study permit (age 25, Master's degree) and accepted thousands of 30+ people who had diploma offers!
Every day people creat applications to study in Canada, Australia, US and...
My sister wanted to study here to have some close people around her. What's the big deal? She has chance in Canada because of US?
Now, after almost 3 years, accepting her fate,she still cannot visit us as a simple tourist! A Canadian citizen cannot see her sister....

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
She wanted to study years ago. That should be a problem. Student visa is a legal process. I guess this is sort of double standard when it comes to middle eastern countries. She is Iranian. My mother had visited us 3 years ago and left Canada. She is now here again to help my sister with her newborn. They should really check applicants background. Why would my sister stay here forever when she has a property back home? They rejected her study permit (age 25, Master's degree) and accepted thousands of 30+ people who had diploma offers!
Every day people creat applications to study in Canada, Australia, US and...
My sister wanted to study here to have some close people around her. What's the big deal? She has chance in Canada because of US?
Now, after almost 3 years, accepting her fate,she still cannot visit us as a simple tourist! A Canadian citizen cannot see her sister....
There are a few issues. Your mother is in Canada already. Where is your father? Do you have any other siblings? How many in Canada and where are others living? Having a property is only one tie. Have her parents applied for PGP? Her profile as a whole will be considered. Applying for a study permit indicate that she wanted to remain in Canada for more than just a visit. Most visitors who are of working age are not able to remain abroad for 6 months. Staying for 6 months indicates that her ties to her home country are not very strong. The fact that she is from Iran also increases the risk that she will want to remain in Canada. There are many young people from Iran immigrating to Canada via various means including applying for asylum. Cultural issues will also be considered. Young unmarried women are unlikely to remain away from their family and she may have already indicated in her study permit that her desire is to be surrounded by her siblings and parents. Would suggest ordering her GCMS notes for more details on the refusal.

Sam Sh

Star Member
Apr 30, 2019
Category........
FSW
There are a few issues. Your mother is in Canada already. Where is your father? Do you have any other siblings? How many in Canada and where are others living? Having a property is only one tie. Have her parents applied for PGP? Her profile as a whole will be considered. Applying for a study permit indicate that she wanted to remain in Canada for more than just a visit. Most visitors who are of working age are not able to remain abroad for 6 months. Staying for 6 months indicates that her ties to her home country are not very strong. The fact that she is from Iran also increases the risk that she will want to remain in Canada. There are many young people from Iran immigrating to Canada via various means including applying for asylum. Cultural issues will also be considered. Young unmarried women are unlikely to remain away from their family and she may have already indicated in her study permit that her desire is to be surrounded by her siblings and parents. Would suggest ordering her GCMS notes for more details on the refusal.
I guess that 6 months was a terrible mistake. I thought since the limit is 6 months we should mention it like that.
I think we should consider it this way. Why should we suffer from other's mistake. They should see cases individually. Did my parents seek asylum or stayed illegal? No! We applied now because the process usually takes months. So we wanted to have someone with us once my parents leave since my sister is pregnant. My parents will leave around xmas and I was expecting to receive the final decision around Feb 2022. Many people have stayed illegal and my sister is Iranian with Canadian siblings. So she has no right to visit us. This is not fair.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I guess that 6 months was a terrible mistake. I thought since the limit is 6 months we should mention it like that.
I think we should consider it this way. Why should we suffer from other's mistake. They should see cases individually. Did my parents seek asylum or stayed illegal? No! We applied now because the process usually takes months. So we wanted to have someone with us once my parents leave since my sister is pregnant. My parents will leave around xmas and I was expecting to receive the final decision around Feb 2022. Many people have stayed illegal and my sister is Iranian with Canadian siblings. So she has no right to visit us. This is not fair.
Are your parents applying for PR via PGP? How many siblings are in Canada? Has your sister been employed in Iran for a long period of time in a decent paying job? Is your father in Iran? Is he still working?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
6 months was too long since she stated she had a job. What employer allows a 6 month vacation. Did you state in a letter your sister was pregnant. Does she have any siblings in Iran? She should wait for your parents to return and reapply when they are not in Canada.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
6 months was too long since she stated she had a job. What employer allows a 6 month vacation. Did you state in a letter your sister was pregnant. Does she have any siblings in Iran? She should wait for your parents to return and reapply when they are not in Canada.
I think it's a different sister that's expecting. Not the one that's trying to apply for TRV.

I agree that 6 months travel is not normal for someone whose working full time. The next TRV application needs to show more ties in home country and have a more reasonable travel plan. She also needs more funds to show that she could affort this trip (no income for 6 months is a big deal if she needs to pay for anything back home during her visit even if she can stay for free in Canada).

Order GCMS note for her refusals and address issues in previous applications. She needs to proof that she is a genuine visitor. Also DO NOT show that she will come and "work" to take care of a new born.

Arramezani

Star Member
May 23, 2022
Did you finally apply again?
If yes what was there result?