+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sister denied student visa, can apply as tourist right away? Please help.

ms. filcan

Feb 17, 2011
Hi There - my sister was denied a student visa for the reason that she didn't not establish ties in the Philippines. Can she apply for a tourist visa right away? Is it worth mentioning that she is included as a dependent in my sponsorship with my mom as immigrants?
Please help.
Thanks.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

ms. filcan said:
Hi There - my sister was denied a student visa for the reason that she didn't not establish ties in the Philippines. Can she apply for a tourist visa right away? Is it worth mentioning that she is included as a dependent in my sponsorship with my mom as immigrants?
Please help.
Thanks.
She can, but if she was denied as a student, there is less chance that she will receive a visitor visa.

macthepak

Feb 13, 2011
To put it briefly and kindly, you really messed up!

Your sisters chances of getting a tourist visa now or anytime in the near future is next to zero because she has immigration intent written all over it.

Sorry about the negative, but I shoot from the hip.

ms. filcan

Feb 17, 2011
There were documents that she didn't show proof of ties when she applied for the student visa. With the tourist application, we will make sure that she would submit all the documents such as bank account, letter from employer that she is permanent and land title. She can also mention that she is the only single in the family that takes care of our mom and she can't leave her. She will just come here for my wedding. With her being in the permanent resident application, she will mention that she is aware of the rules that visiting is just for visit.
My concern is if they would refer to her denised student visa application and somewhat base the new decision from there.

Thanks again for your replies and appreciate it.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
It would be really hard to convince the authorities that your sister would return as she is the primary caregiver for her mother given the application to come to Canada to study. Who would have done the caregiving had she been granted a student visa? If she does choose to reapply, she will have to declare her previously denied student visa.

macthepak

Feb 13, 2011
Pippin said:
It would be really hard to convince the authorities that your sister would return as she is the primary caregiver for her mother given the application to come to Canada to study. Who would have done the caregiving had she been granted a student visa? If she does choose to reapply, she will have to declare her previously denied student visa.
This is what i said in my earlier post i.e. "do not re-apply"

sauc

Apr 14, 2011
Hi,

I have been in a very similar situation.

As I understand, your sister applied for a student visa? For what kind of study? Are we taking about a student visa to take just a simple course (english, IT,...) for just some months?

Some possible options:

-If she applies for a student visa for undergraduate or graduate study in a Canadian university, then she will have better options to get a visa (I believe so). Did you explore that already?

-Another alternative will be to withdraw her from your mom's application as dependent and try again for a student visa. Did you try that?

I don't advise her to apply for a tourist visa now. I believe it will be probably denied. Sorry :(

I went through almost same situation. If you want we could communicate in a direct way (I am not an attorney or anything like that). Let me know if you are interested to send you my email address.

Good luck...

Shoaib Akhtar

Mar 12, 2011
ms. filcan said:
Please help.
Thanks.
It may be better for her to apply direct for the other immigrations, as the visa officer is just finding for her true intent so make it clear.

Shoaib Akhtar

Mar 12, 2011
macthepak said:
To put it briefly and kindly, you really messed up!

Your sisters chances of getting a tourist visa now or anytime in the near future is next to zero because she has immigration intent written all over it.

Sorry about the negative, but I shoot from the hip.
Who holds tha trigger then, I think the Nigerians certainly not me would like it. Welcome back where you been, you know you bring a desperation here which is good for this forum.

ryzvil

Jan 12, 2016
sauc said:
Hi,

I have been in a very similar situation.

As I understand, your sister applied for a student visa? For what kind of study? Are we taking about a student visa to take just a simple course (english, IT,...) for just some months?

Some possible options:

-If she applies for a student visa for undergraduate or graduate study in a Canadian university, then she will have better options to get a visa (I believe so). Did you explore that already?

-Another alternative will be to withdraw her from your mom's application as dependent and try again for a student visa. Did you try that?

I don't advise her to apply for a tourist visa now. I believe it will be probably denied. Sorry :(

I went through almost same situation. If you want we could communicate in a direct way (I am not an attorney or anything like that). Let me know if you are interested to send you my email address.

Good luck...
Hi, can you e-mail me please? Same situation! - jairbyz@yahoo.com / raissavillota@gmail.com