+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SINP with Landing papers POE and other issues! HELP needed

nsabbath

Jan 5, 2016
Hello,
I have received my landing papers in October 2015 under the SINP Family sponsor category. I am planning to move to Canada by April 2016. I have some queries and would really appreciate if someone can give me some guidelines and help me out.

I am planning to settle in Saskatchewan but I think (correct me if I am wrong ) the province doesn't have a POE ( when flying in ) so my first choice is Pearson Airport in Toronto. I will be flying in from Pakistan its a long flight so I am planning to stay a short amount of time (about a week) in Toronto with some friends and relatives before going to my destination in Saskatchewan. I would like to know:

1. If its possible and will there be any problems at the immigration. ( I want to avoid any problem and can opt for a immediate next flight to my destination)

2. Will this effect my health insurance ( As Saskatchewan issues immediate insurance to new landing immigrants ). Does my staying in Toronto for a week will effect that?

3. What is the Immigration process at the POE and what documents will I need?

4. I am single and plan to move my household item later on (which may include furniture and jewelry etc.) how should I go about it

Thank you

arsal385

Oct 13, 2012
nsabbath said:
Hello,
I have received my landing papers in October 2015 under the SINP Family sponsor category. I am planning to move to Canada by April 2016. I have some queries and would really appreciate if someone can give me some guidelines and help me out.

I am planning to settle in Saskatchewan but I think (correct me if I am wrong ) the province doesn't have a POE ( when flying in ) so my first choice is Pearson Airport in Toronto. I will be flying in from Pakistan its a long flight so I am planning to stay a short amount of time (about a week) in Toronto with some friends and relatives before going to my destination in Saskatchewan. I would like to know:

1. If its possible and will there be any problems at the immigration. ( I want to avoid any problem and can opt for a immediate next flight to my destination)

2. Will this effect my health insurance ( As Saskatchewan issues immediate insurance to new landing immigrants ). Does my staying in Toronto for a week will effect that?

3. What is the Immigration process at the POE and what documents will I need?

4. I am single and plan to move my household item later on (which may include furniture and jewelry etc.) how should I go about it

Thank you
As you are single then I would strongly recommend you to get your destination province first to avoid any immigration issue. Once you landed your destination province then sort out your Health Card, SIN card bank account etc and then go to Toronto and stay with your relatives/friends for short period of time.

nsabbath

Jan 5, 2016
arsal385 said:
As you are single then I would strongly recommend you to get your destination province first to avoid any immigration issue. Once you landed your destination province then sort out your Health Card, SIN card bank account etc and then go to Toronto and stay with your relatives/friends for short period of time.
Thanx arsal385
I think i will opt for this
and can you also give me some recommendation on query no 4
and what id the best way to carry cash from Pakistan

arsal385

Oct 13, 2012
nsabbath said:
Thanx arsal385
I think i will opt for this
and can you also give me some recommendation on query no 4
and what id the best way to carry cash from Pakistan
This link may help you in relation to your queries above.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/sinp-applicants-landed-will-land-soon-or-prepared-for-it-t347810.0.html