+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SINP: Professional Status ? What is it ?

lemongrass1

Jul 6, 2022
I am filling up EoI and under the "Education and Training" section there is a question as below with 3 options (yes/no/NA)

"Do you have proof of Professional Status or Licensure in Saskatchewan if required for your occupation?"

What are they asking here ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am filling up EoI and under the "Education and Training" section there is a question as below with 3 options (yes/no/NA)

"Do you have proof of Professional Status or Licensure in Saskatchewan if required for your occupation?"

What are they asking here ?
You need a license for specific NOCs. Licensing requirements for specific NOCs are on the SINP website.

lemongrass1

Jul 6, 2022
You need a license for specific NOCs. Licensing requirements for specific NOCs are on the SINP website.
Based on my education and job my NOC is 2174, which based on Cicic.ca website says its a non regulated one.

1) Is that correct ? If someone can confirm ?

Last edited:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Based on my education and job my NOC is 2174, which based on Cicic.ca website says its a non regulated one.

1) Is that correct ? If someone can confirm ?
Nothing to do with that website. SINP has a list of NOCs that require a license based on provincial not federal or industry requirements. You will read that 2174 requires a license. You can read what license you require on the SINP site. You can also read the last time your NOC was selected and its score.

lemongrass1

Jul 6, 2022
Nothing to do with that website. SINP has a list of NOCs that require a license based on provincial not federal or industry requirements. You will read that 2174 requires a license. You can read what license you require on the SINP site. You can also read the last time your NOC was selected and its score.
So does it mean I need to give some exam to get certificate to work as a software developer ?

Can you please share video link or article link since there are 3 license mentioned and do I have to give exam for all 3 ?

Is there an province email where I can ask this ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
So does it mean I need to give some exam to get certificate to work as a software developer ?

Can you please share video link or article link since there are 3 license mentioned and do I have to give exam for all 3 ?

Is there an province email where I can ask this ?
I don’t read it as needing 3 certifications through CIPS. It is one of the 3 and all have an ethics exam. Look on the SINP for contact us.

lemongrass1

Jul 6, 2022
Do I need to have this certificate before I submit my SINP application OR can I give exam later (read in a blog that I get 1 year to procure the license) refer to point 6 to topic Requirement of specific documents for Saskatchewan Express Entry Stream Blog

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Do I need to have this certificate before I submit my SINP application OR can I give exam later (read in a blog that I get 1 year to procure the license) refer to point 6 to topic Requirement of specific documents for Saskatchewan Express Entry Stream Blog
You can apply and then start certification. I do not read on the SINP site that you have a year. SINP site says the application must be complete when submitting the applicaiton after invitation. I do not trust blogs.

lemongrass1

Jul 6, 2022
You can apply and then start certification. I do not read on the SINP site that you have a year. SINP site says the application must be complete when submitting the applicaiton after invitation. I do not trust blogs.
based on the steps listed on CISP site CISP (ISP) how to showcase/explain the below
1) 1000 hours of IT experience. The site ISP 1000 hrs says to download templates but I cannot see any such link, so how do I provide this information ?

2) referral letters from employers of last 2 years. Will this contain/cover my roles and responsibilities of my current designation and which is aligned to the Categorization I had to select when becoming CISP member ?

2.1) what is BOK and is there something required to extra to submit BOK ?

Thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
based on the steps listed on CISP site CISP (ISP) how to showcase/explain the below
1) 1000 hours of IT experience. The site ISP 1000 hrs says to download templates but I cannot see any such link, so how do I provide this information ?

2) referral letters from employers of last 2 years. Will this contain/cover my roles and responsibilities of my current designation and which is aligned to the Categorization I had to select when becoming CISP member ?

2.1) what is BOK and is there something required to extra to submit BOK ?

Thanks
I have never personally done the CIPS process so can’t comment.

smrmeo

Sep 18, 2022
@lemongrass1 so have you applied the CISP certificate? I also received SINP ITA with NOC code 2174, now I'm starting to apply the ISP certificate.
Could you describe what steps did you do for applying the cert? Do you roughly how long is the process?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
@lemongrass1 so have you applied the CISP certificate? I also received SINP ITA with NOC code 2174, now I'm starting to apply the ISP certificate.
Could you describe what steps did you do for applying the cert? Do you roughly how long is the process?
As per the CIPS website depending on number of applicaitons, process is 3-9 months.

drew_kun

Nov 13, 2017
Can anyone update if this is still required with SINP?
If CISP is even the right service, that is accepted by SINP for the IT professionals certifications?
And if the answer to both questions above is "Yes", then would it make sense to start this before getting ITA (considering 3-9 month processing time)?

I would extremely appreciate your help!

PS: My NOC under the new Tier classification is 21231 - Software Engineers and Designers (I am a DevOps Engineer).

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Can anyone update if this is still required with SINP?
If CISP is even the right service, that is accepted by SINP for the IT professionals certifications?
And if the answer to both questions above is "Yes", then would it make sense to start this before getting ITA (considering 3-9 month processing time)?

I would extremely appreciate your help!

PS: My NOC under the new Tier classification is 21231 - Software Engineers and Designers (I am a DevOps Engineer).
Yes licensing is still required. You can start processing now. What is your SINP score?