+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[SINP] Professional Status or Licensure for 2174

Nov 18, 2019
Dear,

I see the following message on https://www.saskatchewan.ca/residents/moving-to-saskatchewan/immigrating-to-saskatchewan/saskatchewan-immigrant-nominee-program/applicants-international-skilled-workers/international-skilled-worker-occupations-in-demand

"You may be required to provide proof of Professional Status or proof of eligibility for Licensure (for regulated occupations or those with professional certification standards in Canada and/or Saskatchewan) for your occupation."

I have 9 years of IT experience & I have the following queries:

Is 2174 (Computer Programmers & interactive media developers) a regulated occupation?

Do we require a Professional Status or Licensure, if I am applying for NOC 2174 under Occupations In-Demand Category?

Reactions: parthpandya008

NzKhn

May 1, 2018
New Brunswick
LANDED..........
17-06-2019
Dear,

I see the following message on https://www.saskatchewan.ca/residents/moving-to-saskatchewan/immigrating-to-saskatchewan/saskatchewan-immigrant-nominee-program/applicants-international-skilled-workers/international-skilled-worker-occupations-in-demand

"You may be required to provide proof of Professional Status or proof of eligibility for Licensure (for regulated occupations or those with professional certification standards in Canada and/or Saskatchewan) for your occupation."

Is 2174 (Computer Programmers & interactive media developers) a regulated occupation?

Do we require a Professional Status or Licensure, if I am applying for NOC 2174 under Occupations In-Demand Category?

1. No

2. No

Reactions: SAP Consultant

Simmidas

Mar 19, 2019
Dear,

2174 require license

parthpandya008

Jul 19, 2019
Dear,

I have the same doubt. What you did for this query?

sangeetaKalra

Aug 4, 2020
Hi,
I created my EOI in Nov 2019, not received any email yet. But in my EOI points [oasis] form its mentioned in Red color:
Please Note: An Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) is a mandatory document for post-secondary education completed outside of Canada that is included in your SINP application. You must include assessment of the education related to the occupation you have chosen in your Expression of Interest (EOI). Your ECA must also include assessment of the education claimed for the Point Assessment Grid.

NOC: 2173

So do i have to apply for Professional Status or Licensure? Or i need to wait for email.

Can anyone please guide me..

ourcanadavisa

Nov 24, 2016
Hi,
I created my EOI in Nov 2019, not received any email yet. But in my EOI points [oasis] form its mentioned in Red color:
Please Note: An Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) is a mandatory document for post-secondary education completed outside of Canada that is included in your SINP application. You must include assessment of the education related to the occupation you have chosen in your Expression of Interest (EOI). Your ECA must also include assessment of the education claimed for the Point Assessment Grid.

NOC: 2173

So do i have to apply for Professional Status or Licensure? Or i need to wait for email.

Can anyone please guide me..
For submitting the EOI you don't require the Professional Status or Licensure. But once you are selected from the EOI pool and after your application is submitted you need Professional Status or Licensure for the nomination. But you need the ECA if your education is outside Canada for submitting the EOI.

You will get the CIPS license details here : http://www.cips.ca/certification

Last edited:

sangeetaKalra

Aug 4, 2020
Thank you for clarity!
ECA was completed in 2019 itself..

NOC 2173: So is it hard to get ITA with 68 points as it's been in the pool since Nov 2019 and there is no email from SINP?

akanksha0106

Apr 29, 2021
Dear,

Were you able to apply for SINP successfully?