Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 4th 2016
IELTS Request
Band - 7
LANDED..........
Hopefully 2017
I want to apply for this NOC and I have Bachelors in Business Administration. Will it go though SINP.. As per the info in " bold letters" in this page I am qualified and I have reference letters for the job..

Do any of you know anyone who have applied under this NOC and have been successful.. I know couple who were denied last year and we want to succeed...

2171 - Information systems analysts and consultants

Information systems analysts and consultants analyze systems requirements, develop and implement information systems development plans, policies and procedures, and provide advice on a wide range of information systems issues. They are employed in information technology consulting firms and in information technology units throughout the private and public sectors, or they may be self-employed.

Illustrative example(s)
computer systems analyst
informatics consultant
informatics security analyst
information systems business analyst
information systems quality assurance analyst
IT (information technology) consultant
management information systems (MIS) analyst
systems auditor
systems consultant
systems security analyst

Main duties
The following is a summary of the main duties for some occupations in this unit group:

Information systems business analysts and consultants confer with clients to identify and document requirements, conduct business and technical studies, design, develop, integrate and implement information systems business solutions, and provide advice on information systems strategy, policy, management, security and service delivery.
Systems security analysts confer with clients to identify and document requirements, assess physical and technical security risks to data, software and hardware, and develop policies, procedures and contingency plans to minimize the effects of security breaches.
Information systems quality assurance analysts develop and implement policies and procedures throughout the software development life cycle to maximize the efficiency, effectiveness and overall quality of software products and information systems.
Systems auditors conduct independent third-party reviews to assess quality assurance practices, software products and information systems.

Employment requirements
A bachelor's degree in computer science, computer systems engineering, software engineering, business administration or a related discipline
or
Completion of a college program in computer science is usually required.
Experience as a computer programmer is usually required.
Certification or training provided by software vendors may be required by some employers.

This is from another page

Education and Training

For entry to this occupation, employers usually require an undergraduate degree in computer science or in another field with a concentration in programming, such as mathematics, commerce or business management as well as experience as a programmer. A diploma of collegial studies (DEC) in computer science along with a great deal of programming experience may also allow entry to this occupation.

Co-op programs with internships in business are a significant advantage.

Continuing on-the-job education is essential.

andy108

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017
I have the same NOC. I have not yet - applied, but will do soon. I see not obstacles to apply, as we satisfy the requirements.

SMani said:
I want to apply for this NOC and I have Bachelors in Business Administration. Will it go though SINP.. As per the info in " bold letters" in this page I am qualified and I have reference letters for the job..

Do any of you know anyone who have applied under this NOC and have been successful.. I know couple who were denied last year and we want to succeed...

Information systems analysts and consultants analyze systems requirements, develop and implement information systems development plans, policies and procedures, and provide advice on a wide range of information systems issues. They are employed in information technology consulting firms and in information technology units throughout the private and public sectors, or they may be self-employed.

Illustrative example(s)
computer systems analyst
informatics consultant
systems auditor
systems consultant
systems security analyst

Main duties
The following is a summary of the main duties for some occupations in this unit group:

Information systems business analysts and consultants confer with clients to identify and document requirements, conduct business and technical studies, design, develop, integrate and implement information systems business solutions, and provide advice on information systems strategy, policy, management, security and service delivery.
Systems security analysts confer with clients to identify and document requirements, assess physical and technical security risks to data, software and hardware, and develop policies, procedures and contingency plans to minimize the effects of security breaches.
Information systems quality assurance analysts develop and implement policies and procedures throughout the software development life cycle to maximize the efficiency, effectiveness and overall quality of software products and information systems.
Systems auditors conduct independent third-party reviews to assess quality assurance practices, software products and information systems.

Employment requirements
A bachelor's degree in computer science, computer systems engineering, software engineering, business administration or a related discipline
or
Certification or training provided by software vendors may be required by some employers.

Education and Training

For entry to this occupation, employers usually require an undergraduate degree in computer science or in another field with a concentration in programming, such as mathematics, commerce or business management as well as experience as a programmer. A diploma of collegial studies (DEC) in computer science along with a great deal of programming experience may also allow entry to this occupation.

charan_yalala

Nov 2, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-12-2015
Doc's Request.
01-01-2016
SMani said:

Illustrative example(s)
computer systems analyst
informatics consultant
systems auditor
systems consultant
systems security analyst

Main duties

Employment requirements
or

Education and Training

Hello Mani,

Please go ahead and apply for NOC 2171 as it has received maximum nominations in Nov and Dec intake.
SINP tool is accepting application for SINP EE and SINP OID. Go ahead and submit the application.

Please refer to the below forum for any questions:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/sinp-international-skilled-worker-express-entry-subcategory-network-here-t302646.4995.html

SMani

Aug 17, 2014
Chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 4th 2016
IELTS Request
Band - 7
LANDED..........
Hopefully 2017
A forum friend of mine have sent a personal message to me

I do have a bcom, WES report states specialization in Busines Administration, My employnent documents states designation as IT analyst, I have 7 years of workexperience in noc 2171, Have worked in canada for 10 months with a workpermit under noc 2171, but still they rejected, I thinks there is a hidden requirement set for sinp that they need only computer related degrees, dont keep high hopes

Requirements not met:

Educational/Training Credentials
You do not have a minimum of one-year work experience in the past ten years related to your field of
education or training in a skilled position

You do not meet the work experience requirement under the International Skilled Worker Category
Occupations In-Demand category that states an applicant must have a minimum of one year of work
experience related to their post secondary education.

charan_yalala

Nov 2, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-12-2015
Doc's Request.
01-01-2016
SMani said:
A forum friend of mine have sent a personal message to me

I do have a bcom, WES report states specialization in Busines Administration, My employnent documents states designation as IT analyst, I have 7 years of workexperience in noc 2171, Have worked in canada for 10 months with a workpermit under noc 2171, but still they rejected, I thinks there is a hidden requirement set for sinp that they need only computer related degrees, dont keep high hopes
Hello Mani,

For NOC 2171, Bachelor of Engineering OR Masters in Engineering is a MUST and they will not accept BCom degree.
Iam also not sure whether they will accept business administration (BBA),Your friend has a BCOM Degree, hence it was rejected.

As per NOC Guide

Employment requirements
A bachelor's degree in computer science, computer systems engineering, software engineering, business administration (BBA) or a related discipline

We are active members of Whatapp group and people with NOC 2171 and Bachelor of Engineering degree with Computers,Electrical and Electronics have been provided with Nomination.

My Case: I have done Bachelor of Engineering in Instrumentation Engineering and present Application is "In Process" for Dec 15 Intake.
After my application was reviewed by SINP, they have asked me pending documents of Updated Proof of funds and my Sons passport.

Regards
Charan

Reactions: kalani123

SMani

Aug 17, 2014
Chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 4th 2016
IELTS Request
Band - 7
LANDED..........
Hopefully 2017
charan_yalala said:
Hello Mani,

For NOC 2171, Bachelor of Engineering OR Masters in Engineering is a MUST and they will not accept BCom degree.
Iam also not sure whether they will accept business administration (BBA),Your friend has a BCOM Degree, hence it was rejected.

As per NOC Guide

Employment requirements
A bachelor's degree in computer science, computer systems engineering, software engineering, business administration (BBA) or a related discipline

We are active members of Whatapp group and people with NOC 2171 and Bachelor of Engineering degree with Computers,Electrical and Electronics have been provided with Nomination.

My Case: I have done Bachelor of Engineering in Instrumentation Engineering and present Application is "In Process" for Dec 15 Intake.
After my application was reviewed by SINP, they have asked me pending documents of Updated Proof of funds and my Sons passport.

Regards
Charan
Its a technical issue with the visa officer..

According to WES report B.Com gets validated as Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration...

NOC 2171 needs lot of certifications from vendors and years of experience in programming...

I have around 9 years of US experiece and Microsoft certifications

Priyansh

Aug 9, 2016
Hello,

I have similar question. I am bachelors in commerce from Delhi university and msc in international management from uk. I working as SAP consultant and having 4 years of work exp in 2171 but i also got to know that many of 2171 requests with commerce academics who are applying for canada PR are getting rejected.

Is there any success for someone in commerce or management profile in 2171? Please share your ideas , feedback and experiences.

Thanks in advance
Priyansh

Priyansh

Aug 9, 2016
Hello,

I have similar question. I am bachelors in commerce from Delhi university and msc in international management from uk. I working as SAP consultant and having 4 years of work exp in 2171 but i also got to know that many of 2171 requests with commerce academics who are applying for canada PR are getting rejected.

Is there any success for someone in commerce or management profile in 2171? Please share your ideas , feedback and experiences.

Thanks in advance
Priyansh

zpat978

Feb 7, 2016
guys need help in job duties for 2171 please help me and let me know if the below will fit 2171 for sinp

• Guide Level 2 teams to fix complex Software issues.
• Develop and Maintain supported software tools using Microsoft technologies (C#, ASP.NET, Visual Basic), developing software as per quality standards.
• Document requirements, create functional specifications, test plans .
• Planning, developing and maintaining database design, data structures, tables and stored procedures.
• Testing, debugging, and correcting errors and faults for software tools using established processes and standards.
• Develop software to automate manual maintenance tasks.
• Lead Level 4 team focusing on continuous improvements, develop program to reduce/fix recurring issues.
• Ensure that client expectations and requirements are fully understood, recorded and included in the system design documents.
• Work with Solution Architects to ensure design documents are as per statement of work.
• Create and update user manuals, operational procedures and technical configuration procedures documents.
• Identify improvements in existing systems, associated processes, procedures and methods.
• Providing direction to increase efficiency for issues/tickets on supported SQL Server Databases, Web based applications, Standard Operating Environment Delivery and Anti-Virus tool.

zpat978

Feb 7, 2016
charan_yalala said:
Hello Mani,

As per NOC Guide

Employment requirements

Regards
Charan
Can u help me with the below job duties for 2171 i have msc in computing degree with be in electronics.

• Guide Level 2 teams to fix complex Software issues.
• Develop and Maintain supported software tools using Microsoft technologies (C#, ASP.NET, Visual Basic), developing software as per quality standards.
• Document requirements, create functional specifications, test plans .
• Planning, developing and maintaining database design, data structures, tables and stored procedures.
• Testing, debugging, and correcting errors and faults for software tools using established processes and standards.
• Develop software to automate manual maintenance tasks.
• Lead Level 4 team focusing on continuous improvements, develop program to reduce/fix recurring issues.
• Ensure that client expectations and requirements are fully understood, recorded and included in the system design documents.
• Work with Solution Architects to ensure design documents are as per statement of work.
• Create and update user manuals, operational procedures and technical configuration procedures documents.
• Identify improvements in existing systems, associated processes, procedures and methods.
• Providing direction to increase efficiency for issues/tickets on supported SQL Server Databases, Web based applications, Standard Operating Environment Delivery and Anti-Virus tool.

Gurmeet_Kaur23

Jan 1, 2016
Hi Guys,

I also have BA Eng Hons from Delhi Univ and MCA from Maharshi Dayanand University. Will this cause any issue with SINP? Please confirm.

Ali_neo

Jan 28, 2016
KiniXie said:
Accordingly to me should not be a problem as long as you have work exp in NOC 2171.
Hi ...

I suffer from the same question , I have ( BA Electrical Eng ) Will this cause any issue with SINP , Is it considered as arelated field to NOC 2171 ? Please confirm .

I really need to trusted answer please .

myson

Sep 6, 2016
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-10-2016
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
06-10-2016
AOR Received.
06-01-2017
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
26-09-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Awaiting
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
LANDED..........
Awaiting
Hello guys,

I was also nominated by SINP under NOC 2171. You dont have to be a programmer to work under NOC 2171. Its a business analyst or system analyst related job function. Even a project manager can work under this NOC.

I am not a programmer. My job requires carrying out scoping and doing analysis before a project is initiated. Also involves following up with the all the technical team members involved and providing updates to management. So anyone whose job is similar to this is qualified to claim NOC 2171.

Cheerz

Reactions: lamnt0702 and yisab