+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SINP Licensure for NOC 2173 Occupation

sergvhp

Jul 31, 2018
Hi friends,

I received ITA from SINP on the 21st of Aug. My NOC is 2173. I am yet to get the license done.
I got my bachelor's degree - Bachelor of Science in Engineering - Field of speialization is electronic and telecommunication engineering (2002)

I have worked as a software Engineer ever since (16 yrs) and did my masters (Master of computer science ) in 2012.

I have two questions

1) Should I get my license done from apegs or CIPS
2) Would they give me one year to submit the license ? If so where is this stated ? Please clarify

Thanks
Hi,

I am in the same situation. Received ITA for SINP and now gathering all the required documentation. I have the same question whether we need a license or not. I don't see NOC 2173 in their OID, according to the URL

Does this mean we don't need to provide any Certification for my intended NOC 2173 and submit my application without this certification/license?

Request the experts/experienced opinions/advise here.

Thanks in advance.

ruka

Apr 7, 2008
Visa Office......
Colombo, Sri Lanka
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10/02/2010 (old)
Doc's Request.
16/04/2010 (old)
AOR Received.
11/08/2010 (old)
File Transfer...
20/04/2010 (old)
Hi,

I am in the same situation. Received ITA for SINP and now gathering all the required documentation. I have the same question whether we need a license or not. I don't see NOC 2173 in their OID, according to the URL

Does this mean we don't need to provide any Certification for my intended NOC 2173 and submit my application without this certification/license?

Thanks in advance.
When did u get the ITA ?
U need the license for 2173

PriyankaF

Jul 13, 2018
When did u get the ITA ?
U need the license for 2173
Hi Ruka,

Even i received ITA on 21st August. and i submitted the application without license. Today i got email to submit the license. Can you please guide me how you obtained the license? As listed on the website i visited CIPS Saskatchewan , but didn't find much information. If you can provide information about the same or share your email id it would be great help. Thanks.

ruka

Apr 7, 2008
Visa Office......
Colombo, Sri Lanka
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10/02/2010 (old)
Doc's Request.
16/04/2010 (old)
AOR Received.
11/08/2010 (old)
File Transfer...
20/04/2010 (old)
Hi Ruka,

Even i received ITA on 21st August. and i submitted the application without license. Today i got email to submit the license. Can you please guide me how you obtained the license? As listed on the website i visited CIPS Saskatchewan , but didn't find much information. If you can provide information about the same or share your email id it would be great help. Thanks.
If your bachelor's degree is in engineering you need to get the license from APEGS.
You may send an email to sinp with detIks of your bachelors degree and inquire.

Avacado17

Mar 21, 2017
Hi,

Thanks in advance.
When did u submit the application for SINP? Means the intake month..

h1b2pr

Mar 22, 2017
Does anyone know, how long SINP takes to process application after they receive the CIPS license/certificate from applicant?

A835839920

Oct 2, 2017
Hi All, I have a specific queries on SINP licensure requirements for NOC 2173 which are as follows, request you to respond.

1. After submitting a CIPS certificate to the SINP in a given time frame of one year, if they deem rather a license from APEGS was required, would they explicitly ask for it again?

2. If they would explicitly ask for the APEGS licensure, will they provide with one year time frame again to submit it or within the original period one need to submit?

All inputs are welcomed.

Suren
Hi Suren, did you get APEGS certificate ? If yes how much time they have taken for evaluation?

nobita

Star Member
Nov 13, 2018
Hi,

I am also a NOC 2173 applicant to SINP. Submitted on 5th July 2018. Now in the first ADR they also mentioned licensure for NOC2173 in the "other requested information" section, as below:

You have indicated in your application that your intended Occupation In-Demand is NOC 2173.
This NOC currently requires professional status and/or licensure in Saskatchewan. Please provide documentation from the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Saskatchewan (APEGS) showing your Engineer-in-Training membership; or a letter from APEGS indicating that you have been assigned Confirmatory Exams. http://www.apegs.ca/Portal/Pages/International-Engineering-Graduates.

Please note that your university degree and work experience are not acceptable substitutes for the above licensure. This is a requirement to be able to work in this field in Saskatchewan.​

Questions:
1. Do I need this APEGS EIT membership to get SINP ITA? Or I can get an ITA without this licensure and can submit it later on arrival (to get a job for example)?
2. If it is a MUST, why no pre-check in the very first place to indicate a NO-GO situation so that the applicant can be aware of to prepare before applying?

Medayola

Sep 17, 2020
Hi friends,

I received ITA from SINP on the 21st of Aug. My NOC is 2173. I am yet to get the license done.
I got my bachelor's degree - Bachelor of Science in Engineering - Field of speialization is electronic and telecommunication engineering (2002)

I have worked as a software Engineer ever since (16 yrs) and did my masters (Master of computer science ) in 2012.

I have two questions

1) Should I get my license done from apegs or CIPS
2) Would they give me one year to submit the license ? If so where is this stated ? Please clarify

Thanks
Hi Ruka,

please have you gotten the licensure now, please what is the process to get one

youthfaz

Oct 6, 2020
Hello,
I have completed my B.Tech( Information Technology, 4 years), and M.Tech(Software Systems, 2 years) with 10+ years of experience as a Software Professional.
To add to this, My NOC is 2173. Kindly let me know which type of license certification(CIPS or APEGS) should I opt for?