+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SINP Licensure for NOC 2173 Occupation

suren44

May 12, 2018
Hi All, I have a specific queries on SINP licensure requirements for NOC 2173 which are as follows, request you to respond.

1. After submitting a CIPS certificate to the SINP in a given time frame of one year, if they deem rather a license from APEGS was required, would they explicitly ask for it again?

2. If they would explicitly ask for the APEGS licensure, will they provide with one year time frame again to submit it or within the original period one need to submit?

All inputs are welcomed.

Suren

canadapr1982

Jul 17, 2017
Hi All, I have a specific queries on SINP licensure requirements for NOC 2173 which are as follows, request you to respond.

1. After submitting a CIPS certificate to the SINP in a given time frame of one year, if they deem rather a license from APEGS was required, would they explicitly ask for it again?

2. If they would explicitly ask for the APEGS licensure, will they provide with one year time frame again to submit it or within the original period one need to submit?

All inputs are welcomed.

Suren
I think only 1 year for specific license.....u have to check ur license first whether cips or apegs depends upon ur role....Because in there adr or email, they just mention that ur NOC needs License so submit ur license within 1 year time frame....they don't mention whether cips or apegs...so this is the applicant responsibility to check their license .....if Bachelor is in Engineering and role is software engineer then APEGS and if Bachelor is not in Engineering and role is software designer then CIPS

suren44

May 12, 2018
I think only 1 year for specific license.....u have to check ur license first whether cips or apegs depends upon ur role....Because in there adr or email, they just mention that ur NOC needs License so submit ur license within 1 year time frame....they don't mention whether cips or apegs...so this is the applicant responsibility to check their license .....if Bachelor is in Engineering and role is software engineer then APEGS and if Bachelor is not in Engineering and role is software designer then CIPS
I have already figured out this much from their website, however, it's not yet clear. My both Bachelor and Master's degree is in CSE, and I'm working as a lead in 2173. Now tell me whether I need APEGS or CIPS? Have you noticed I have major in both Engineering and Science? Moreover, as you mentioned, it's applicant's responsibility to decide the type of licensure, isn't completely true. Reason being, the SINP officer finally decided which licensure is required. In some cases I heard that they submitted CIPS with their application, but were deemed for APEGS and were notified through ADR.

canadapr1982

Jul 17, 2017
I think only 1 year for specific license.....u have to check ur license whether cips or apegs depends upon ur role
I have already figured out this much from their website, however, it's not yet clear. My both Bachelor and Master's degree is in CSE, and I'm working as a lead in 2173. Now tell me whether I need APEGS or CIPS? Have you noticed I have major in both Engineering and Science? Moreover, as you mentioned, it's applicant's responsibility to decide the type of licensure, isn't completely true. Reason being, the SINP officer finally decided which licensure is required. In some cases I heard that they submitted CIPS with their application, but were deemed for APEGS and were notified through ADR.
Forget about Master, if ur bachelor is in Computer science and Engg.....Basically if Engineering word is added in ur Bachelor degree then APEGS only.... Rest u can email to SINP guys and make sure with them.......I submitted my file on 1st jan 2018..my role is software engineer NOC 2173..at that time they only want CIPS...already submitted cips license along with my application on 1st jan 2018...As of now my status is inprocess for the last 5 weeks...no adr...no email regarding license and all....for safe side I already applied APEGS last April as my bachelor is in Computer Engg and also they change license as well....so if u have any doubt just call or email them so that u can prepare according to that...Because they will give u only 1 year in order to submit any license....

Last edited:

lourash

Jul 8, 2018
Hi All,

I intend applying for OID under the SINP , however the condition is that If your Bachelor's degree is in Engineering, you must apply to the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Saskatchewan (APEGS) for a letter showing that your application for registration as an Engineer-in-Training has been approved or a letter from APEGS indicating that you have been assigned Confirmatory Exams.

now i am about to apply to APEGS but i also need advice on if this achievable sincce i am yet to apply as i understand that the application process takes about a year to complete. do i need to complete this application before i can make use of it for my OID application ?

parth9365

May 8, 2018
Hi All,

I intend applying for OID under the SINP , however the condition is that If your Bachelor's degree is in Engineering, you must apply to the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Saskatchewan (APEGS) for a letter showing that your application for registration as an Engineer-in-Training has been approved or a letter from APEGS indicating that you have been assigned Confirmatory Exams.

now i am about to apply to APEGS but i also need advice on if this achievable sincce i am yet to apply as i understand that the application process takes about a year to complete. do i need to complete this application before i can make use of it for my OID application ?
No you can apply meanwhile and start your process of APEGS in between. SINP gives you 1 year of time to submit your APEGS license.

s s2014

Jul 31, 2018
Hi, what exactly are these Cips, aitp,snp oid, itcp. I have done B.Sc(cs, maths) and pgdba, 11 yrs exp as software professional. I tried to understand the above concepts but got so much confusion in it. Can someone help me in understanding these and what exactly needs to be done in order to obtain it.
Thanks

ruka

Apr 7, 2008
Visa Office......
Colombo, Sri Lanka
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10/02/2010 (old)
Doc's Request.
16/04/2010 (old)
AOR Received.
11/08/2010 (old)
File Transfer...
20/04/2010 (old)
Hi friends,

I received ITA from SINP on the 21st of Aug. My NOC is 2173. I am yet to get the license done.
I got my bachelor's degree - Bachelor of Science in Engineering - Field of speialization is electronic and telecommunication engineering (2002)

I have worked as a software Engineer ever since (16 yrs) and did my masters (Master of computer science ) in 2012.

I have two questions

1) Should I get my license done from apegs or CIPS
2) Would they give me one year to submit the license ? If so where is this stated ? Please clarify

Thanks

s s2014

Jul 31, 2018
Hi ruka,
Can you please message me on sanjeevsinha2014@gmail.com for the process you have taken for SNI

Hi friends,

I received ITA from SINP on the 21st of Aug. My NOC is 2173. I am yet to get the license done.
I got my bachelor's degree - Bachelor of Science in Engineering - Field of speialization is electronic and telecommunication engineering (2002)

I have worked as a software Engineer ever since (16 yrs) and did my masters (Master of computer science ) in 2012.

I have two questions

2) Would they give me one year to submit the license ? If so where is this stated ? Please clarify

Thanks
Hi friends,

I have two questions

Thanks

s s2014

Jul 31, 2018
Hi ruka,
Can you please message me on sanjeevsinha2014@gmail.com for the process you have taken for SNIP,getting Wil appreciate your reply on my email.

Hi friends,

I have two questions

Thanks

nick_kd07

Star Member
Sep 17, 2014
Also advise to people applying for CIPS or APEGS licence, dont waste your money in licence. SINP dont need IT public for FY2018-2019. They have removed the IT related NOCs from the Occupation in Demand List

MahArul

Sep 2, 2018
Also advise to people applying for CIPS or APEGS licence, dont waste your money in licence. SINP dont need IT public for FY2018-2019. They have removed the IT related NOCs from the Occupation in Demand List
Is it? But we have received SINP ITA. Why so?