+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SINP- Licensing requirement for NOC 2173- BCA, MCA

Vikas_Har

Sep 26, 2018
Hello all,

I have a query regarding license for NOC 2173 - Software engineer and designer.
I have studied BCA and MCA. Already submitted the application after receiving invitation from SINP in Sept'2020. At the time of application submission, I didn't have any license and application was submitted fine.

I have few queries. Could some experts kindly help..

1) The NOC code 2173 is regulated. However there is no clear direction as to which license one should get - CIPS or APEGS. They have divided this NOC into Software engineer (asked to go for APEGS) and Software designer (asked to go for CIPS).
How do they decide whether I am a Software Engineer or Software Designer? Do they look at my reference letter or my designation/title or my degrees?
I am unable to decide which license I should apply for. Kindly advise.

2) Do they always ask for license if the same is not provided at the time of application submission? OR Is this something that case officer decides on case- to- case basis?
I have read in some forums that sometimes SINP directly nominates even if no license was provided for regulated noc code. How much true is that.. Am not sure..
What are your thoughts here?

Could someone please help me? I shall be very grateful.

Thanks in advance,
Vikas

Joe_sinp

Star Member
Oct 5, 2020
Looks like you are still in doubt on this... Let me answer this again

1. CIPS/APEGS is decided based your education background not on you work experience or job roles. So If you are a non engineering candidate then you cannot get APEGS logically.

2. As I have told you earlier that I got an ADR for CIPS license and I have similar education background (MCA). Not sure if they nominate without license especially if the profession requires license. I have emailed them this question and there response was that 'Your application will be put on hold until you submit the license'.

I hope i was able to answer your doubts this time.

Reactions: Vikas_Har

Vikas_Har

Sep 26, 2018
Thank you @Joe_sinp. I thought of getting views from larger population especially where education background exactly matches with mine. Now I know, you also have same qualification.. . Also, I have read that they directly nominate at times. But this is something which depends on some unknown factors that nobody knows. We can try the best as we can..lets see what others say. Wish this NOC was also aligned with just one certification body! :)

Joe_sinp

Star Member
Oct 5, 2020
Thank you @Joe_sinp. I thought of getting views from larger population especially where education background exactly matches with mine. Now I know, you also have same qualification.. . Also, I have read that they directly nominate at times. But this is something which depends on some unknown factors that nobody knows. We can try the best as we can..lets see what others say. Wish this NOC was also aligned with just one certification body! :)
If you have doubts you can wait. Let see if they ask for license. What is your current application status? If it is in progress then I would recommend you to wait.

Vikas_Har

Sep 26, 2018
If you have doubts you can wait. Let see if they ask for license. What is your current application status? If it is in progress then I would recommend you to wait.
Thanks Joe_sinp. I don't have any doubts now abt licensing part. Currently the Stat is application received. Will start with this license thing so as to utilize the time. Hoping for best outcome.