+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SINP license for Software Engineer Apegs or CIPS - pls help

Discussion in 'Provincial Nomination Program Immigration' started by ruka, Aug 23, 2018.

  1. Hi friends,

    I received ITA from SINP on the 21st of Aug. My NOC is 2173. I am yet to get the license done.
    I got my bachelor's degree - Bachelor of Science in Engineering - Field of speialization is electronic and telecommunication engineering (2002)

    I have worked as a software Engineer ever since (16 yrs) and did my masters (Master of computer science ) in 2012.

    I have two questions

    1) Should I get my license done from apegs or CIPS - My degree is in Engineering , but it's electronics and telecom and not software eng.

    2) Would they give me one year to submit the license ? If so where is this stated ? Please clarify

    Thanks in advance
  2. Hii

    Same is the case with me. Looking for licensure needed and how to go for it
  3. Guys - Were you able to get any clarity on who needs to go for APEGS vs CIPS (if NOC 2173)? Appreciate your inputs.
  4. The reason for certifications from respective Canadian institutes is to ensure that when that person practices the profession he shall conduct with required competencies, rules, standards and ethics as outlined by the Certificate awarding body.

    you need to get certifications as per your NOC you present to work in future.

Share This Page