+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SINP jobs query

mindhunter

Star Member
Oct 21, 2019
I'm planning to apply for SINP. I am working in two jobs throughout my day.

1. I have 5 years of work experience in an occupation related to my education. This is my first job and I do this during daytime.

2. I also do a second job in the noon/evening time (with my daytime employer's permission) and have 1+ year of work experience (36 hrs/week).

Can I claim experience of 1 year work in second job as a full time job? (this is as per federal govt. rules.)
Can I claim experience in two different NOC codes in SINP?

Vattaa

Dec 6, 2022

1. I have 5 years of work experience in an occupation related to my education. This is my first job and I do this during daytime.

2. I also do a second job in the noon/evening time (with my daytime employer's permission) and have 1+ year of work experience (36 hrs/week).

Can I claim experience of 1 year work in second job as a full time job? (this is as per federal govt. rules.)
From my understanding you can claim experience only in one NOC code for SINP. I have the same problem. Much of my experience is related to my main NOC code but as it is not in the same NOC I cannot use it.

Regarding using experience from two jobs, this is something someone else may have some insight into. However, they would question how can you have say 6 years experience if the dates of the jobs add up to 5 years.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020

You claim one NOC that matches your education so you can’t claim experience for two different NOCs.

Vattaa

Dec 6, 2022
Actually, both NOCs match my education
Yes that might be the case, same as me. However, you can only count experience that is in the NOC you are applying for. So, using myself as an example.

MSc Environmental Health
BSc Ecology and Environmental Management

NOC 21120 - Public and environmental health and safety professionals
I have worked for over 4 years as an Environmental Health Officer. Which directly correlates to my NOC on my application and my education.

However, I have also worked in the following NOC's over the past 5 or more years:
NOC 92012 - Supervisors, food and beverage processing
NOC 22100 - Chemical technologists and technicians

The work experience matches my education but not the main NOC I am applying under, and as such cannot be counted towards my experience in that NOC.

Hope that makes sense.