+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SINP - Hard-to-Fill With Existing Work Permit

josiasmartins

Feb 20, 2023
Hello everyone.

My wife has been working as a Clinical Assistant for 6 months (recently she achieved 780 hours).
As I verified, she could apply through Hard-to-Fill (which is closed now) or Hard-to-Fill Skills pilot (which remains open).

This is the link for the Hard-to-Fill With Existing Work Permit program:

But, this is a little confusing to me. Hard to fill (which is closed) has this NOC on the list:
33109Other assisting occupations in support of health services

Hard-to-Fill With Existing Work Permit doesn't have a NOC list attached to the website and has an information that Health Workers need to apply through the Health Program. But I don't know if this is suitable for my wife since she is an assistant...

We are running out of time. Our permit is expiring on March 30. I can apply for my PGWP, but I need a job to keep my wife's SOWP valid and has been difficult to get a job (more than a month and NOTHING). So, she will need to stop working.

Do you think that this Hard-to-fill With Existing Work Permit should be an option?
I don't know how it works if is fast enough to enter into implied status or not and save my wife's permit.

Another doubt is about the SINP Job Approval Letter (JAL). My wife is already working on this position, why do they need this letter?
I'm trying to figure out how to obtain this letter in time. According to this website (bellow), the time processing for JAL is in order of 4 weeks:

Thank you for any clarification on this matter.

Last edited: