+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SINP Express Entry: Education vs Work Experience

IMTS

Star Member
Sep 2, 2016
Hello everyone!

I have been wondering. I went to Law School, and so my Bachelor Degree is in Law, but I've been working in Marketing/Digital Marketing/Communications for over 6 years. Does the difference between my Education and actual work experience matters when applying for SINP Express Entry? I'currently doing my Master in Marketing, but I will probably apply before finishing it.

Thanks for your assistance!

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IMTS said:
Hello everyone!

I have been wondering. I went to Law School, and so my Bachelor Degree is in Law, but I've been working in Marketing/Digital Marketing/Communications for over 6 years. Does the difference between my Education and actual work experience matters when applying for SINP Express Entry? I'currently doing my Master in Marketing, but I will probably apply before finishing it.

Thanks for your assistance!
To be eligible for SINP, you must have at least 1 year of work experience in an NOC that is related to your field of training.

Zigzag85

Oct 20, 2017
To be eligible for SINP, you must have at least 1 year of work experience in an NOC that is related to your field of training.
I’ve been invited to apply to SINP 6 days ago but my work experience falls under agricultural consultants but my bachelors degree is in media science.
Is it possible to still submit my application? Would it be possible to submit proof of training from my previous company?

gta88

Jun 30, 2018
I’ve been invited to apply to SINP 6 days ago but my work experience falls under agricultural consultants but my bachelors degree is in media science.
Is it possible to still submit my application? Would it be possible to submit proof of training from my previous company?
any update please?

jerrychan

Nov 10, 2019
Hi,

Question for Skill work experience which divided into 2 part, A and B

• The work experience claimed must be relevant to the single occupation you've selected in your application.
  • One year of work experience refers to 12 full months of work experience.

a) In the 5 year period prior to application submission date
In the last 5 years i stayed at the same company but have switched to different role, so i still be counted as 5 years 10 marks?

b) In the 6-10 year period prior to application submission date
B must be same occupation as A?

Many thanks in advance

ArGo

Oct 18, 2019
NOC Code......
Hi,

Question for Skill work experience which divided into 2 part, A and B

• The work experience claimed must be relevant to the single occupation you've selected in your application.
  • One year of work experience refers to 12 full months of work experience.

a) In the 5 year period prior to application submission date
In the last 5 years i stayed at the same company but have switched to different role, so i still be counted as 5 years 10 marks?

b) In the 6-10 year period prior to application submission date
B must be same occupation as A?

Many thanks in advance
a) You can only count 10 points if you could get a reference letter with roles relating to a single NOC.
b) It should be the same NOC which you claimed in A. Same occupation.